Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,719

Re: Why isn’t there a thread on Bronny? 

Post#461 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Sep 1, 2023 7:19 pm

Big J wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Alright lets get this back on topic. I have no issue with people bringing up the heart issue when talking about Bronny, obviously that is going to get talked about. But I feel like everyone has said their piece when it comes to the causes on it, an official statement has been given, I dont really care if you accept that or not, really makes no difference to me.

But ya time to get this back on track.

Hey guys have you seen Bronnys footwork when he gets into triple theat position? Duuuuude, it is sooo freaking sick man. Lol

If you dont want to talk about actual aspects of draft prospects, feel free to leave. If this thread was on the general board it wouldve gotten locked up by now.

This forum is about draft prospects. If you dont want to participate in that discussion or have nothing to add, you dont need to post here. Snapping back at mods especially on posts that are blue font isnt a smart road to go down.

This is a warning, knock it off.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,448

Post#462 » by Big J » Fri Sep 1, 2023 10:13 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Big J wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Alright lets get this back on topic. I have no issue with people bringing up the heart issue when talking about Bronny, obviously that is going to get talked about. But I feel like everyone has said their piece when it comes to the causes on it, an official statement has been given, I dont really care if you accept that or not, really makes no difference to me.

But ya time to get this back on track.

Hey guys have you seen Bronnys footwork when he gets into triple theat position? Duuuuude, it is sooo freaking sick man. Lol

If you dont want to talk about actual aspects of draft prospects, feel free to leave. If this thread was on the general board it wouldve gotten locked up by now.

This forum is about draft prospects. If you dont want to participate in that discussion or have nothing to add, you dont need to post here. Snapping back at mods especially on posts that are blue font isnt a smart road to go down.

This is a warning, knock it off.

Aight man. I’m just trying to lighten things up a little. Why does everything have to be so goddamn serious around here?
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#463 » by JMAC3 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:19 pm

Read on Twitter

How high does he go?
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
Big J
General Manager

Post#464 » by Big J » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:22 pm

I’d honestly take him over Edey.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#465 » by JMAC3 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:24 pm

There are a few answers to the question IMO.

#1: Just pure talent, not considering LeBron could factor. He is probably worth a pick in the 40s because we have seen him play well in the McDonalds game and maybe USC really was just a bad fit especially after health stuff.

#2. This is the wild one, LeBron opts out and plans to sign with whoever Bronny gets drafted with for the most money possible.

#3. LeBron stays with Lakers, but maybe you think you get the last year of Bron in a like 2027.
Big Board
QingJames
Sixth Man
And1: 2,230

Post#466 » by QingJames » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:28 pm

Big J wrote:I’d honestly take him over Edey.

Laughable, and I’m not an Edey believer. Unless you’re factoring in the LeBron considerations, Bronny is not an NBA player. At least Edey has some actual basketball skills that will transfer to the NBA, even if they aren’t in line with the modern game, and even if he has massive deficiencies. Bronny has no NBA-calibre skills at the moment.
eyeatoma wrote:You guys still dont' get it. Playoff accomplishment don't matter when you're up for your 1st MVP. When you're up for your 3rd in a row, damn straight it matters, as the only ones who done it are top 15 players of all time who have won rings.
Big J
General Manager

Post#467 » by Big J » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:42 pm

QingJames wrote:

Laughable, and I’m not an Edey believer. Unless you’re factoring in the LeBron considerations, Bronny is not an NBA player. At least Edey has some actual basketball skills that will transfer to the NBA, even if they aren’t in line with the modern game, and even if he has massive deficiencies. Bronny has no NBA-calibre skills at the moment.

Bronny is an excellent perimeter defender and a great athlete. He has shown the willingness to at least shoot 3s unlike Edey, so the hope would be that he’d get his 3pt percentage up and then he’d be a decent 8th man. You factor in that his dad might join your team and then he’s definitely worth a 2rd round pick. Most 2nd rounders flame out anyway.
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 5,979

Post#468 » by BigGargamel » Sat Apr 6, 2024 5:52 pm

Big J wrote:
QingJames wrote:

Bronny is an excellent perimeter defender and a great athlete. He has shown the willingness to at least shoot 3s unlike Edey, so the hope would be that he’d get his 3pt percentage up and then he’d be a decent 8th man. You factor in that his dad might join your team and then he’s definitely worth a 2rd round pick. Most 2nd rounders flame out anyway.

Tell me why Edey needs to shoot 3's? Especially in college? That narrative drives me nuts. That's the least of Edey's NBA worries. Not that this is an Edey thread.

Bronny is not an NBA prospect at all. He's a two way player only, and that's because of his name.
Big J
General Manager

Post#469 » by Big J » Sat Apr 6, 2024 7:47 pm

BigGargamel wrote:
Big J wrote:
QingJames wrote:Laughable, and I’m not an Edey believer. Unless you’re factoring in the LeBron considerations, Bronny is not an NBA player. At least Edey has some actual basketball skills that will transfer to the NBA, even if they aren’t in line with the modern game, and even if he has massive deficiencies. Bronny has no NBA-calibre skills at the moment.

Tell me why Edey needs to shoot 3's? Especially in college? That narrative drives me nuts. That's the least of Edey's NBA worries. Not that this is an Edey thread.

Bronny is not an NBA prospect at all. He's a two way player only, and that's because of his name.

Edey doesn't NEED to shoot 3's to play. There are plenty of bigs who don't shoot 3's that play. However, he does need to be able to do at least 2 of these 3 things in order to play: Defend the perimeter without getting cooked, pass the ball and find teammates at an above average level, shoot 3s. If he can't do 2 out of 3 of those he's basically Enes Kanter.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,201

Post#470 » by clyde21 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 7:53 pm

JMAC3 wrote:There are a few answers to the question IMO.

#1: Just pure talent, not considering LeBron could factor. He is probably worth a pick in the 40s because we have seen him play well in the McDonalds game and maybe USC really was just a bad fit especially after health stuff.

#2. This is the wild one, LeBron opts out and plans to sign with whoever Bronny gets drafted with for the most money possible.

#3. LeBron stays with Lakers, but maybe you think you get the last year of Bron in a like 2027.

from a talent perspective he's an unspectacular, dime-a-dozen undersized combo guard who was unproductive in his first college season. if his name is John Smith no one would be talking about him.

Elmarko Jackson, similar archetype and position, similar production at Kansas, same recruiting class and RSCI rating, and on one is even considering him as a 1AD.

let's stop the charade
Big J
General Manager

Post#471 » by Big J » Sat Apr 6, 2024 8:47 pm

Bronny is gonna be in the league for a long time whether people like it or not. His owner will probably love it because Bronny will give whatever team he's on a giant spotlight. If he's able to turn into a 9th man then it's just a bonus.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#472 » by JMAC3 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:11 pm

clyde21 wrote:

from a talent perspective he's an unspectacular, dime-a-dozen undersized combo guard who was unproductive in his first college season. if his name is John Smith no one would be talking about him.

Elmarko Jackson, similar archetype and position, similar production at Kansas, same recruiting class and RSCI rating, and on one is even considering him as a 1AD.

let's stop the charade

I will go out on a limb and say I feel pretty confident Bronny has a better NBA career then Elmarko
Big Board
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,201

Post#473 » by clyde21 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:16 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

let's stop the charade

I will go out on a limb and say I feel pretty confident Bronny has a better NBA career then Elmarko

both suck, dont care
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#474 » by JMAC3 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:04 pm

clyde21 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

let's stop the charade

both suck, dont care

Yeah I am not dying on the hill he is great, but again if LeBron opts out to sign with whatever team drafts Bronny how high does he go?
Big Board
Big J
General Manager

Post#475 » by Big J » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:15 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

both suck, dont care

Yeah I am not dying on the hill he is great, but again if LeBron opts out to sign with whatever team drafts Bronny how high does he go?

Easily lotto, and likely top 5. There aren't any prospects in this draft worth more than a year or 2 of Lebron.
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,472

Post#476 » by Pattycakes » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:55 pm

Big J wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
both suck, dont care

Easily lotto, and likely top 5. There aren't any prospects in this draft worth more than a year or 2 of Lebron.

Bronny getting drafted that high with a package for Lebron is embarrassing enough for the league that it really should already have been considered and heavily insinuated to Lebron to stray away from.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#477 » by The-Power » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:38 pm

Big J wrote:Bronny is gonna be in the league for a long time whether people like it or not. His owner will probably love it because Bronny will give whatever team he's on a giant spotlight. If he's able to turn into a 9th man then it's just a bonus.

If he sucks and it turns out he can't play then he'll not give a team any spotlight, much less a ‘giant’ one, beyond the first couple weeks of his career. Nobody is following a team because some dude who never plays has a famous dad who used to play in the NBA. But perhaps I'm not online enough to notice the continuing hype around Shareef O'Neal and others.
Big J
General Manager

Post#478 » by Big J » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:14 pm

The-Power wrote:
Big J wrote:Bronny is gonna be in the league for a long time whether people like it or not. His owner will probably love it because Bronny will give whatever team he's on a giant spotlight. If he's able to turn into a 9th man then it's just a bonus.

If he sucks and it turns out he can't play then he'll not give a team any spotlight, much less a ‘giant’ one, beyond the first couple weeks of his career. Nobody is following a team because some dude who never plays has a famous dad who used to play in the NBA. But perhaps I'm not online enough to notice the continuing hype around Shareef O'Neal and others.

You don't think he's suiting up for the Vegas franchise if Lebron is the owner?
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#479 » by The-Power » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:30 pm

Big J wrote:
The-Power wrote:

I honestly don't care what happens to Bronny James under a hypothetical LeBron ownership of an expansion team some time in the future. The point you argued was that teams will have a ‘giant spotlight’ on them just because Bronny is on their roster (even if he does not play well or even play at all) – and I don't buy that for one second, no.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,719

Post#480 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:52 pm

The-Power wrote:
Big J wrote:
The-Power wrote:If he sucks and it turns out he can't play then he'll not give a team any spotlight, much less a ‘giant’ one, beyond the first couple weeks of his career. Nobody is following a team because some dude who never plays has a famous dad who used to play in the NBA. But perhaps I'm not online enough to notice the continuing hype around Shareef O'Neal and others.

I honestly don't care what happens to Bronny James under a hypothetical LeBron ownership of an expansion team some time in the future. The point you argued was that teams will have a ‘giant spotlight’ on them just because Bronny is on their roster (even if he does not play well or even play at all) – and I don't buy that for one second, no.

Ya to add to this. What giant spotlight did USC get for having Bronny on their roster? The second people realize there is nothing behind the hype, they tune out.

The only hope with Bronny bringing a giant spotlight to whatever team is dumb enough to draft him (dont think any will be), is the hope that LeBron comes and brings his giant spotlight. But I highly doubt that happens.

Return to NBA Draft