zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,030

Re: Why isn’t there a thread on Bronny? 

Post#441 » by zimpy27 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:33 pm

Confirmation bias running rampant here.

- LeBron takes PEDs and therefore Bronny takes PEDs
- PEDs cause cardiac arrest sometimes therefore PEDs caused Bronnys cardiac arrest.
- Report saying it was congenital is covering for PEDs since they wouldn't tell anyone.

Each one of these is a leap confirming the next leap. To feel confident of knowing what happened is not the best reflection on ones judgment.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,448

Post#442 » by Big J » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:42 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Confirmation bias running rampant here.

- PEDs cause cardiac arrest sometimes therefore PEDs caused Bronnys cardiac arrest.
- Report saying it was congenital is covering for PEDs since they wouldn't tell anyone.

Each one of these is a leap confirming the next leap. To feel confident of knowing what happened is not the best reflection on ones judgment.

So, we’re just supposed to believe what we’re told on the surface and never question things? If that is the case then Barry Bonds never took roids either.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,030

Post#443 » by zimpy27 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:01 pm

Big J wrote:

So, we’re just supposed to believe what we’re told on the surface and never question things? If that is the case then Barry Bonds never took roids either.

Questioning is encouraged.

I was talking about be confident in an answer you don't have
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Big J
General Manager

Post#444 » by Big J » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:34 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
Big J wrote:

Questioning is encouraged.

I was talking about be confident in an answer you don't have

No one has the answer to whether Bonds took roids either, but I’m confident that he did.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,089

Post#445 » by ItsDanger » Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:49 pm

At the end of the day, nobody knows the details, so discarding opinions is just as bad as stating unknown possibilities as fact.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Big J
General Manager

Post#446 » by Big J » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:23 pm

ItsDanger wrote:

At the end of the day, nobody knows the details, so discarding opinions is just as bad as stating unknown possibilities as fact.

Exactly, people take it way too personally when they don’t agree with something that no one knows the true answer to.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#447 » by EvanZ » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:50 pm

Big J wrote:

Except you’re not “questioning”. You are stating with complete certainty in every post that he’s on PEDs.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,650

Post#448 » by azcatz11 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:58 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Big J wrote:

Except you’re not “questioning”. You are stating with complete certainty in every post that he’s on PEDs.

Not really. I haven’t seen him do that once.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#449 » by EvanZ » Fri Sep 1, 2023 12:23 am

azcatz11 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Big J wrote:

Not really. I haven’t seen him do that once.

LMAO what a joke…sad really

I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#450 » by EvanZ » Fri Sep 1, 2023 12:23 am

Big J wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Read and learn. Nothing about PEDs in here.

https://www.utphysicians.com/what-to-know-about-sudden-cardiac-arrest-in-young-athletes/

What is the reality here that some don't seem to comprehend is that the overwhelming probability is that Bronny had some congenital heart issue that caused this.

Who could have seen it coming?

https://theathletic.com/4806841/2023/08/25/bronny-james-cardiac-arrest-cause/?source=user_shared_article

Lol, suuuure it's all congenital. You did read that press statement came from someone in Bron's camp right?

Is this a question?

EvanZ
RealGM

Post#451 » by EvanZ » Fri Sep 1, 2023 12:25 am

Big J wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Big J wrote:
PED testing in the NBA is a joke. Everyone knows this. You think the league wants Bron to get outed for testing positive for roids? Also, these guys have drug manufacturers that can change the tiniest molecules of a PED to make it undetectable by the silly little tests the NBA does.

Welp, there it is. Conspiracy theory confirmed. As long as your cards are on the table.

Lol, are you being paid by Adam Silver? This is pretty much agreed upon by most people who know the league.

“Questioning”?

EvanZ
RealGM

Post#452 » by EvanZ » Fri Sep 1, 2023 12:26 am

Big J wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Big J wrote:
To think that we should all believe everything at face value and never question anything is a joke.

But you're not "questioning" are you. You are stating without any hesitation that he is on PED's. So...

So we have to have proof in order to make a statement about something? You must think OJ didn’t murder his wife either.

More questions from Sherlock J…

EvanZ
RealGM

Post#453 » by EvanZ » Fri Sep 1, 2023 1:03 am

Big J wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Big J wrote:
How much did Lance Armstrong weigh?

His main thing was blood doping, and as far as I know he didn't have a heart attack. Even among guys who take MASSIVE amounts of PED's for pro bodybuilding the vast majority don't have heart attacks like this, and none that I can recall at age 19.

To claim Bronny was taking PED's simply because he had a heart issue is way too speculative, especially since there is just nothing else there to hang your hat on.

That’s because most 19 year olders don’t have the access to the crazy types of experimental PEDs that Bronny was taking. To think that he’s 100% clean when his dad spends millions per year in his body is a joke.

This is a question. Oh wait, nope, not a question.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#454 » by EvanZ » Fri Sep 1, 2023 1:04 am

Apparently the J stands for Joe "I'm just asking questions" Rogan over here, except without even the actual facade of asking questions.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#455 » by EvanZ » Fri Sep 1, 2023 1:04 am

I hope Big J comes back when he actually wants to ask a question.
Big J
General Manager

Post#456 » by Big J » Fri Sep 1, 2023 4:40 am

EvanZ wrote:Apparently the J stands for Joe "I'm just asking questions" Rogan over here, except without even the actual facade of asking questions.

GTFO, it’s called speculating dude. Same thing as questioning.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#457 » by EvanZ » Fri Sep 1, 2023 2:09 pm

Big J wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Apparently the J stands for Joe "I'm just asking questions" Rogan over here, except without even the actual facade of asking questions.

GTFO, it’s called speculating dude. Same thing as questioning.

Except you also weren't speculating bro. Keep trying Sherlock J! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,920

Post#458 » by Colbinii » Fri Sep 1, 2023 3:09 pm

There are some dumb people on this forum. Holy smokes.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,719

Post#459 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Sep 1, 2023 4:07 pm

Alright lets get this back on topic. I have no issue with people bringing up the heart issue when talking about Bronny, obviously that is going to get talked about. But I feel like everyone has said their piece when it comes to the causes on it, an official statement has been given, I dont really care if you accept that or not, really makes no difference to me.

But ya time to get this back on track.
Big J
General Manager

Post#460 » by Big J » Fri Sep 1, 2023 6:51 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Alright lets get this back on topic. I have no issue with people bringing up the heart issue when talking about Bronny, obviously that is going to get talked about. But I feel like everyone has said their piece when it comes to the causes on it, an official statement has been given, I dont really care if you accept that or not, really makes no difference to me.

But ya time to get this back on track.

Hey guys have you seen Bronnys footwork when he gets into triple theat position? Duuuuude, it is sooo freaking sick man. Lol

Return to NBA Draft