Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,291

Re: Matas Buzelis - GLI 

Post#101 » by Jstock12 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:36 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:
Sakkreth wrote:
MemphisX wrote:Think he needs to be tracked in his own thread now:

I'm impressed by his finishes with contact. He's 19 and that's rare to be finishing like that with his body type.

bust

remember i said it

Literally went to a random post of yours and saw this

Did anyone remember you saying this? :roll:
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,205

Post#102 » by clyde21 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:55 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:
Sakkreth wrote:
MemphisX wrote:Think he needs to be tracked in his own thread now:

I'm impressed by his finishes with contact. He's 19 and that's rare to be finishing like that with his body type.

bust

remember i said it

any particular reason or just a drive by one liner you hope no one remembers years from now if you're proven wrong?
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,030

Post#103 » by NotMyKawhi » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:39 pm

clyde21 wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:
Sakkreth wrote:I'm impressed by his finishes with contact. He's 19 and that's rare to be finishing like that with his body type.

bust

remember i said it

any particular reason or just a drive by one liner you hope no one remembers years from now if you're proven wrong?

In the NBA he won't be able to score like that inside. Not a good athlete. Not a great shooter. He doesn't do anything great. Bust
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie
And1: 857

Post#104 » by FarBeyondDriven » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:59 am

NotMyKawhi wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:
bust

remember i said it

In the NBA he won't be able to score like that inside. Not a good athlete. Not a great shooter. He doesn't do anything great. Bust

You have to remember he's 6'9". His handle and athleticism at that size is actually pretty impressive. He's no Paul George or Lebron but he's certainly similar to Jerami Grant and Tatum in that regard and they're doing just fine. He is a little more boom or bust than some of the other guys but I wouldn't say he's got a low floor
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#105 » by The-Power » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:43 pm

clyde21 wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:bust

remember i said it

Let's do a quick search for the terms ‘remember’ and ‘told you’ and see what happens...

NotMyKawhi wrote:Next time you guys should listen to me. I told you guys exactly why it's going to happen as well. They want to blow it up. They couldn't trade Derozan any where else. And they couldn't trade Lowry either.

They'll use both the LA teams against each other. I promise either Lonzo Ball or SGA will be on our team by the summer. We couldn't trade Derozan to the Clippers for SGA. We would have had to take on Galanari.

NotMyKawhi wrote:Go watch the 4th quarter against the warriors...game 6

it will help you remember

he [Kawhi] stay

NotMyKawhi wrote:I told you guys a week before he [Kawhi] was traded to Toronto he was coming

I told you guys after the finals he's staying

Will the real Woj please stand up

NotMyKawhi wrote:Im hearing KD to the Raptors.

same way i told you weeks before kawhi, same confidence

So yeah, definitely looks someone who wants you to forget whenever they were wrong but loves to remind you when they think they were right. Not much to see here.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,928

Post#106 » by Colbinii » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:48 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:
bust

remember i said it

Sounds like Jayson Tatum and Franz Wagner.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Slim Charlez
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,462

Post#107 » by Slim Charlez » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:50 pm

The-Power wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:bust

remember i said it

Let's do a quick search for the terms ‘remember’ and ‘told you’ and see what happens...

NotMyKawhi wrote:Next time you guys should listen to me. I told you guys exactly why it's going to happen as well. They want to blow it up. They couldn't trade Derozan any where else. And they couldn't trade Lowry either.

They'll use both the LA teams against each other. I promise either Lonzo Ball or SGA will be on our team by the summer. We couldn't trade Derozan to the Clippers for SGA. We would have had to take on Galanari.

NotMyKawhi wrote:Go watch the 4th quarter against the warriors...game 6

it will help you remember

he [Kawhi] stay

NotMyKawhi wrote:I told you guys a week before he [Kawhi] was traded to Toronto he was coming

I told you guys after the finals he's staying

Will the real Woj please stand up

NotMyKawhi wrote:Im hearing KD to the Raptors.

same way i told you weeks before kawhi, same confidence

So yeah, definitely looks someone who wants you to forget whenever they were wrong but loves to remind you when they think they were right. Not much to see here.

Guaranteed superstar then going by that random guy's track record :lol:
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie
And1: 857

Post#108 » by FarBeyondDriven » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:26 am

He keeps stringing together solid game all around games. I wish he was a bit more aggressive and he needs more muscle. That's really my only gripes.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,507

Post#109 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:50 pm

Read on Twitter
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 741

Post#110 » by HadAnEffectHere » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:53 pm

Ausar Thompson shooting 37% from three in the OTE playoffs like cherry picking here.

26% from three and 68% from the line sucks.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#111 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:10 pm

He has been underwhelming but long term I am still buying Matas stock. Just less polished than expected. Kid still has big potential up to being a #3 option IMO.
EmpireFalls
Sixth Man
And1: 2,947

Post#112 » by EmpireFalls » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:00 pm

Matas is still a solid top 8 guy. If I’m Portland, OKC, Memphis, or Toronto I’d be targeting him
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer

Post#113 » by HadAnEffectHere » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:11 pm

Matas would be a fringe first round prospect if he wasn't white.

His whiteness causes people to think he's high BBIQ and a good shooter and he's just not.

Have not seen a draft prospect overrated due to being white for a while, but Matas' hype is mostly due to his whiteness. There's nothing here.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#114 » by clyde21 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:09 am

this board is the only board now that makes me visit this site and yall really testin that at this point
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#115 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:17 am

HadAnEffectHere wrote:Matas would be a fringe first round prospect if he wasn't white.

His whiteness causes people to think he's high BBIQ and a good shooter and he's just not.

Have not seen a draft prospect overrated due to being white for a while, but Matas' hype is mostly due to his whiteness. There's nothing here.

Ya its for sure not him being 6'10 with some legit peremiter skills, good movement and a projectable skillset that makes him a good bet to be a solid contributor even if he doesnt 'hit' (IE a Deni like guy as a middle ground).
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer

Post#116 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:09 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:Matas would be a fringe first round prospect if he wasn't white.

Ya its for sure not him being 6'10 with some legit peremiter skills, good movement and a projectable skillset that makes him a good bet to be a solid contributor even if he doesnt 'hit' (IE a Deni like guy as a middle ground).

His archetype blows, what are you talking about, lol.

Very soft PFs who can't move are food in the modern NBA.

His jumpshot form also looks like trash (he flings it like a catapult) and his shooting numbers are awful. He's 26% from three, 68% from the line, and he almost never shoots from midrange. All of his points are scored inside due to his height, and it's not clear this will translate to the NBA because he can't jump and is so weak currently. Once he plays real centers, he may just have no scoring options.

Watch how slow Matas moves here to closeout, this guy is not helping a single team win in the playoffs unless he's an efficient 20 PPG scorer and he's bad at scoring from everywhere on the court except the paint currently.

https://youtu.be/NunjkL6JpgQ?si=h_LsHb1rh1Dp9pR7&t=10
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,095

Post#117 » by ItsDanger » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:08 pm

Scouts get enamored with prospects that are tall, shoot a little, have some other skills. It's what they think he could be. If the impression is early enough before draft eligibility, sometimes the perception sticks with their ranking.

Haven't seen enough of Buzelis yet to comment specifically.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,303

Post#118 » by babyjax13 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:14 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:

His archetype blows, what are you talking about, lol.

Very soft PFs who can't move are food in the modern NBA.

His jumpshot form also looks like trash (he flings it like a catapult) and his shooting numbers are awful. He's 26% from three, 68% from the line, and he almost never shoots from midrange. All of his points are scored inside due to his height, and it's not clear this will translate to the NBA because he can't jump and is so weak currently. Once he plays real centers, he may just have no scoring options.

Watch how slow Matas moves here to closeout, this guy is not helping a single team win in the playoffs unless he's an efficient 20 PPG scorer and he's bad at scoring from everywhere on the court except the paint currently.

https://youtu.be/NunjkL6JpgQ?si=h_LsHb1rh1Dp9pR7&t=10

I see a lack of defensive awareness, not someone who is too unathletic to close out.

RE: shooting, yes, it's obviously a concern when that is a major part of his hypothetical skillset.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
clyde21
RealGM

Post#119 » by clyde21 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:41 pm

no one is really shooting well in this GLI team - Holland himself is shooting 25% from 3, Johnson is at 30%, Almansa 15%, etc
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer

Post#120 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:50 pm

clyde21 wrote:no one is really shooting well in this GLI team - Holland himself is shooting 25% from 3, Johnson is at 30%, Almansa 15%, etc

I don't know how Matas being a bad shooter is explained by Holland being a bad shooter. Both guys suck at shooting, I don't understand the connection.

Return to NBA Draft