FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 932

Re: GG Jackson Thread 

Post#421 » by FarBeyondDriven » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:31 am

QMemphis wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:
QMemphis wrote:

Lol dude you didn’t focus on the games I mentioned. I mentioned the Bucks, Warriors and Lakers games. GG averaged 17 ppg post all star break mind you he only started 18/48 games. So the Lakers were worn out lol, the game that Lebron had to play 41 minutes and showboated after a game sealing dunk they were just coasting huh. Dude you don’t know what you’re talking about. Yeah GG was given the green light against Denver where he got 44. Break down the Warriors and Bucks games and tell me where B Miller did something comparable. GG is a big time talent on the level of Brandon Miller and is 2 years younger.

lmao you're especially triggered. You've been chiming in seemingly after every strong game most recently the Nuggets and Lakers games which is why I addressed those in particular. Why are you cherry picking games they won and he had good games? They beat PHI and he went 3-10 (0-5 from three) for six points in a win but oddly, that's not brought up. Weird, are you talking about the win vs. MIL on 2/15? Middleton was out that game. And he had a whopping 1 rebound and 0 assists that game :lol: . Or were you talking about on 4/3 when Middleton AND Lillard were both out? But that's odd, you were claiming he was doing it against fully healthy rosters in the middle of playoff seeding runs. Now who doesn't know what he's talking about...dude? And you're bragging about a win in January against the Warriors (hardly high stakes like you claim) versus a team that missed the playoffs? You need to get a grip.

Save your lap taking for when and if GG is playing as much as he did this season after everyone comes back healthy and we've been proven wrong. Until then it's just hot air. Nobody is going to be impressed with January wins against teams that missed the playoffs or fluke wins against a team missing its 2nd and 3rd best player.

I chose games in which GG lead the team to victory over top level NBA talent. So Bucks fans 2/15 in which he had 27 off the bench to lead us to a win before the all star break and 1/15 GS game from where he also came off the bench leading us to a victory with Vince while JJJ struggled. The crazy part about the youngest player in the league doing this is he has not put a complete game together yet. This is the worse version of GG so sure nitpick on random stats without understanding what he was asked to do throughout the season. GG will be special can you say the same about your guy?

you're acting as if I don't like GG and don't also believe he should have been taken much higher. Or that I'm not impressed with some of his performances at such a young age. I was simply pushing back on the narrative that his random wins against teams missing starters somehow means he'll be getting similar minutes and producing similarly next season once everyone is back healthy and after they add talent via the draft/FA/trades especially since they'll be trying to compete.

who is "my guy"? Are you talking about Keegan Murray since I'm a Kings fan? I never brought him up but he's definitely not "my guy". I think being much older he was more ready to contribute than GG. I think they're very similar talents. Peak vs Peak they shouldn't be too far apart. If GG had Murray's brain he'd have a huge advantage. I just don't trust GG to reach his potential like I do Murray. But he does have more potential. Both likely mid to low end #3 on playoff teams or high end #4 on a championship team (like Gordon with the Nuggets)
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,180

Post#422 » by JMAC3 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:52 pm

Jack LaRavia also finished the season scoring 32,28,29 points- putting too much stock in EOY games is fools gold.

GG best 4 scoring games were in games they lost by 21, 31 pts (Thunder, Warriors) and then the last 2 games of the year in losses where LaRavia also went off.

It is great to see he is capable, but I also not putting a lot of weight in those games specifically just due to the circumstances.

I also don't believe Dalano Banton is all of a sudden an upcoming star because of the last 10 games of the year either.

Still think GG is a good piece, but also maybe we pump the brakes- even Scottie Pippen Jr looked like a real nba player to end the year
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 187

Post#423 » by QMemphis » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:27 pm

FarBeyondDriven wrote:
QMemphis wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:
lmao you're especially triggered. You've been chiming in seemingly after every strong game most recently the Nuggets and Lakers games which is why I addressed those in particular. Why are you cherry picking games they won and he had good games? They beat PHI and he went 3-10 (0-5 from three) for six points in a win but oddly, that's not brought up. Weird, are you talking about the win vs. MIL on 2/15? Middleton was out that game. And he had a whopping 1 rebound and 0 assists that game :lol: . Or were you talking about on 4/3 when Middleton AND Lillard were both out? But that's odd, you were claiming he was doing it against fully healthy rosters in the middle of playoff seeding runs. Now who doesn't know what he's talking about...dude? And you're bragging about a win in January against the Warriors (hardly high stakes like you claim) versus a team that missed the playoffs? You need to get a grip.

Save your lap taking for when and if GG is playing as much as he did this season after everyone comes back healthy and we've been proven wrong. Until then it's just hot air. Nobody is going to be impressed with January wins against teams that missed the playoffs or fluke wins against a team missing its 2nd and 3rd best player.

I chose games in which GG lead the team to victory over top level NBA talent. So Bucks fans 2/15 in which he had 27 off the bench to lead us to a win before the all star break and 1/15 GS game from where he also came off the bench leading us to a victory with Vince while JJJ struggled. The crazy part about the youngest player in the league doing this is he has not put a complete game together yet. This is the worse version of GG so sure nitpick on random stats without understanding what he was asked to do throughout the season. GG will be special can you say the same about your guy?

you're acting as if I don't like GG and don't also believe he should have been taken much higher. Or that I'm not impressed with some of his performances at such a young age. I was simply pushing back on the narrative that his random wins against teams missing starters somehow means he'll be getting similar minutes and producing similarly next season once everyone is back healthy and after they add talent via the draft/FA/trades especially since they'll be trying to compete.

who is "my guy"? Are you talking about Keegan Murray since I'm a Kings fan? I never brought him up but he's definitely not "my guy". I think being much older he was more ready to contribute than GG. I think they're very similar talents. Peak vs Peak they shouldn't be too far apart. If GG had Murray's brain he'd have a huge advantage. I just don't trust GG to reach his potential like I do Murray. But he does have more potential. Both likely mid to low end #3 on playoff teams or high end #4 on a championship team (like Gordon with the Nuggets)

Cool we on the same page then.
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 187

Post#424 » by QMemphis » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:33 pm

JMAC3 wrote:Jack LaRavia also finished the season scoring 32,28,29 points- putting too much stock in EOY games is fools gold.

GG best 4 scoring games were in games they lost by 21, 31 pts (Thunder, Warriors) and then the last 2 games of the year in losses where LaRavia also went off.

It is great to see he is capable, but I also not putting a lot of weight in those games specifically just due to the circumstances.

I also don't believe Dalano Banton is all of a sudden an upcoming star because of the last 10 games of the year either.

Still think GG is a good piece, but also maybe we pump the brakes- even Scottie Pippen Jr looked like a real nba player to end the year

Proud of Jake and believe he has earned his spot as the 11th man on our roster next year. Pippen has shown great growth since getting real playing time. Big difference between GG and those two as well as Banton is that GG has taken advantage of his 1st opportunity from day 1 which speaks to his talent level. I can’t say enough for the youngest guy in the league to be this productive is really impressive. He will obviously be more of a 6th man next year but he was also given great offensive output while guarding the opposing teams best player further developing his two way abilities.

Return to NBA Draft