General Manager
And1: 4,164

Re: Brandon Miller - Alabama 

Post#701 » by JMAC3 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:56 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Big J wrote:
clyde21 wrote:this board is a fkn disaster the first few weeks of the season

usual by clowns that contribute nothing to the board

You’re the dude taking laps on Hawkins. It’s the same ****.

Imagine if nobody took laps 10 games into a rookie season and actually waited until reasonable conclusions could be drawn. What a world that would be. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

maybe log off until game 50 if you don't like people talking about prospects, it is going to happen. Get over it.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#702 » by EvanZ » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:57 pm

JMAC3 wrote:Are we supposed to not bring up rookies at all for 6 months?

All I'm asking is for people to not take laps on "their guys" and not to dunk on "other's guys" for at least that long. It literally takes years until we can really know what players are. But here we are 10 games into a rookie season and it's just post after god damn post people taking laps or dunking on guys.

It's so **** sad and pathetic.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#703 » by EvanZ » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:59 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Big J wrote:
You’re the dude taking laps on Hawkins. It’s the same ****.

Imagine if nobody took laps 10 games into a rookie season and actually waited until reasonable conclusions could be drawn. What a world that would be. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

maybe log off until game 50 if you don't like people talking about prospects, it is going to happen. Get over it.

Well in the end this is absolutely what will happen. I'm already here less and less. I guess the smart voices like mine will just drift off into the ether leaving the morons behind to have their silly debates amongst themselves.

Dunning-Kruger wins again.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#704 » by JMAC3 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:04 pm

EvanZ wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:Are we supposed to not bring up rookies at all for 6 months?

All I'm asking is for people to not take laps on "their guys" and not to dunk on "other's guys" for at least that long. It literally takes years until we can really know what players are. But here we are 10 games into a rookie season and it's just post after god damn post people taking laps or dunking on guys.

It's so **** sad and pathetic.

Who cares? I don't think you throwing shade at people because you aren't a fan is really the opposite of sad and pathetic.

People are going to victory lap when their take is right, whether that is 10 games in, 30 games in, 2 years in...
Big Board
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#705 » by JMAC3 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:06 pm

EvanZ wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Well in the end this is absolutely what will happen. I'm already here less and less. I guess the smart voices like mine will just drift off into the ether leaving the morons behind to have their silly debates amongst themselves.

Not really helping your case here as the guy that's "taking the high road" adding more insults and patting yourself on the back. Actually, not sure how that is any different than what you are complaining about at this point.
Big Board
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#706 » by EvanZ » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:43 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

Not really helping your case here as the guy that's "taking the high road" adding more insults and patting yourself on the back. Actually, not sure how that is any different than what you are complaining about at this point.

Doesn't surprise me that you can't see how it is different.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#707 » by JMAC3 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:34 pm

EvanZ wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

You calling people morons, clowns and saying your smart voice. Hilarious you see no issues with that but have massive issues with people talking about prospects they liked and posting real content backing up their preconceived notions.

Can't believe an NBA front office hasn't scooped you up, your elite talent is just rotting on a message board like the rest of us morons and clowns. Damn shame really.
Big Board
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#708 » by EvanZ » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:36 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

You calling people morons, clowns and saying your smart voice. Hilarious you see no issues with that but have massive issues with people talking about prospects they liked and posting real content backing up their preconceived notions.

Can't believe an NBA front office hasn't scooped you up, your elite talent is just rotting on a message board like the rest of us morons and clowns. Damn shame really.

Actually they did? I've done some consulting for an NBA team. NBA doesn't pay enough to make me want to leave my actual day job though.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#709 » by JMAC3 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:39 pm

EvanZ wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Actually they did? I've done some consulting for an NBA team. NBA doesn't pay enough to make me want to leave my actual day job though.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Big Board
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#710 » by EvanZ » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:42 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll let you have your good laugh. I'm comfortable with my pay check. 8-)
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#711 » by reanimator » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:48 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
People are going to victory lap when their take is right, whether that is 10 games in, 30 games in, 2 years in...

And people are well within their right to call out the ridiculousness of it.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#712 » by JMAC3 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:04 pm

reanimator wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

I would probably preach patience too if my big board looked as bad as yours does right now.

reanimator wrote:
Vic
-------
Scoot
-------
Brandon Miller
Jarace Walker
Taylor Hendricks
Keyonte
Whitmore
Kobe Bufkin
Cason Wallace
Anthony Black
-------
GG
Amen
Ausar
Jordan Hawkins
Jett Howard
-------
Gradey Dick
Kris Murray
Noah Clowney
Sidy Cissoko
Dariq Whitehead
Brice Sensabaugh

Ausar 13th and no Lively, idc how much time passes those are instantly awful takes.
Big Board
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,676

Post#713 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:34 pm

Less focus on going after other posters and more focus on the actual prospects/players. Yall want to talk about how rookies are looking so far and what skills you think are and arent translating, go for it.

This is a reminder, it is a universal rule for all threads on this forum, no individual attacks on other posters.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#714 » by EvanZ » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:50 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
reanimator wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

I would probably preach patience too if my big board looked as bad as yours does right now.

reanimator wrote:
Vic
-------
Scoot
-------
Brandon Miller
Jarace Walker
Taylor Hendricks
Keyonte
Whitmore
Kobe Bufkin
Cason Wallace
Anthony Black
-------
GG
Amen
Ausar
Jordan Hawkins
Jett Howard
-------
Gradey Dick
Kris Murray
Noah Clowney
Sidy Cissoko
Dariq Whitehead
Brice Sensabaugh

Ausar 13th and no Lively, idc how much time passes those are instantly awful takes.

I had Ausar 13 and Amen 14. As good as Ausar looks on defense if he shoots 14.8% on 3s for his career, that ranking might start to look generous.

I don't know what it will take to get through to people like you, but I guess it is what it is. The cake is baked.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,557

Post#715 » by azcatz11 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:04 pm

EvanZ wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Big J makes a good living from what he’s shared. Maybe you can learn a thing or 2 from him
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#716 » by reanimator » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:10 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
reanimator wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

reanimator wrote:
Vic
-------
Scoot
-------
Brandon Miller
Jarace Walker
Taylor Hendricks
Keyonte
Whitmore
Kobe Bufkin
Cason Wallace
Anthony Black
-------
GG
Amen
Ausar
Jordan Hawkins
Jett Howard
-------
Gradey Dick
Kris Murray
Noah Clowney
Sidy Cissoko
Dariq Whitehead
Brice Sensabaugh

And what was your big board and how does the super early NBA season validate it :lol:
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#717 » by EvanZ » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:18 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

Big J makes a good living from what he’s shared. Maybe you can learn a thing or 2 from him

Um yeah guessing not. :lol: :lol: :lol:
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#718 » by JMAC3 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:22 pm

EvanZ wrote:

I had Ausar 13 and Amen 14. As good as Ausar looks on defense if he shoots 14.8% on 3s for his career, that ranking might start to look generous.

I don't know what it will take to get through to people like you, but I guess it is what it is. The cake is baked.

I get being extreme in victory lapping a guy 10 games in, anyone calling Scoot a bust or saying Jordan Hawkins is better than Amen based on a small sample size is dangerous.

But you also can get a pretty good idea of who is who from 10 games. For example: Brandon Miller is a real NBA starter on the wing with an advanced midrange game, defensive upside and already has shown he is a better athlete than 90% of scouting reports had him. Nearly all his weaknesses pre-draft look better than expected. Chances of him not being a top 7 from this class are very low just based on what we have seen.

Same with Wemby, if anyone tried to be wild and list him outside the top 10, he has already shown enough to prove them wrong.

Typically, if a guy looks awesome his first 20 games they are going to be a good player 80% of the time. There are the one offs like MCW etc but you will go broke trying to fade guys who play well from day 1. So yeah, you can hold out hope that Ausar ends up being bad but history leans heavily in his favor.
Big Board
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#719 » by EvanZ » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:50 pm

Ausar looks pretty good, except the shooting. I'm not denying that. The things he's doing well typically stabilize pretty quickly unlike shooting which takes much longer to evaluate.

I will say it's interesting that anyone taking laps on Ausar who looks a lot better than Amen so far, but the pre-draft narrative was virtually 100% that Amen was the clearly better prospect. Doesn't seem that way. I had Ausar ahead. Do I get to take partial laps now for that?
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#720 » by JMAC3 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:21 pm

reanimator wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
reanimator wrote:

reanimator wrote:
Vic
-------
Scoot
-------
Brandon Miller
Jarace Walker
Taylor Hendricks
Keyonte
Whitmore
Kobe Bufkin
Cason Wallace
Anthony Black
-------
GG
Amen
Ausar
Jordan Hawkins
Jett Howard
-------
Gradey Dick
Kris Murray
Noah Clowney
Sidy Cissoko
Dariq Whitehead
Brice Sensabaugh

And what was your big board and how does the super early NBA season validate it :lol:

I was pretty vocal about Wemby- Miller- Amen-Ausar- Scoot in that order as my top 5.
Big Board

Return to NBA Draft