Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,892

Re: Brandon Miller - Alabama 

Post#681 » by Colbinii » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:10 pm

KembaWalker wrote:Here comes everyone changing their Miller narratives

"I never said his shooting release would be an issue" :lol: sure fellas

"All I said about Miller was (insert whatever desperate nitpicks they can find from scouring his metrics so far)"

Did you read the peoples narratives before to see if they change?

Here is what I said.

Miller is a very good prospect. He is one of the most polished wing prospects to come out of the draft in the last 5-7 years.

I would take him over the following:
Jabari Smith Jr
Keegan Murray
Scottie Barnes
Patrick Williams
DeAndre Hunter

He would be in the RJ Barrett/Jayson Tatum tier of prospects for me, which is why I have him in the Top 4 this season.

His low-release point is a hindrance and is a reason to not be in love with Miller. He very may well over-come this issue, just as scoot may very well over-come his 3P shooting but to say it isn't an issue is exactly my point about being biased towards certain prospects.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#682 » by EvanZ » Wed Nov 1, 2023 10:41 pm

SeattleJazzFan wrote:miller showed the entire arsenal last night. folks were questioning his low release - through 3 games, it simply isn't a problem just as i said it wouldn't be. he's getting it without any issues. last night, he pretty much got to wherever he wanted on the floor, scored off catch and shoot, pull up jumpers off the bounce and got to the basket. he's a complete offensive player. looked really good defensively last night as well.

Keep in mind the first time through the league nobody is scouting or game planning for rookies. Not even Wemby. It’s once you get a reputation or into the playoffs that’s where some of these issues could be exposed. I just wouldnt be claiming any victories this soon in a player’s career. But you do you.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#683 » by EvanZ » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:27 pm

Huh, he's now shooting 27.8% on 3s. -4.4 BPM Looks like the hot start has cooled off.

Where is everyone now? Funny how this works...Come on Big J...where are your victory laps? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,446

Post#684 » by Big J » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:38 pm

He's gonna be fine. Shooting is the last thing to worry about with him. He's already doing things that people were saying he couldn't do like handle, pass, and dunk on people.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#685 » by EvanZ » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:42 pm

Big J wrote:He's gonna be fine. Shooting is the last thing to worry about with him. He's already doing things that people were saying he couldn't do like handle, pass, and dunk on people.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No laps for Big J
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#686 » by EvanZ » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:58 pm

KembaWalker wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:so, why were you wrong about Brandon Miller?
can't get his shot off with a low release? wrong.
unimpressive athlete? wrong
can't finish at the rim? wrong

whoops

Who are you talking to? Also…it’s been three games. The same rules apply to this cat as the other cat. Calm down with the quick takes a few games into their careers.

Surely if he was going to be unable to get his shot off against NBA defenders because of his release, at least some inkling of that would have manifested itself by now, like Scoots weaknesses have yeah? He hasn't had an issue in any way

Surely, "KembaWalker" would come back to tell us we should have waited a few more games. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,744

Post#687 » by KembaWalker » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:14 pm

EvanZ wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Who are you talking to? Also…it’s been three games. The same rules apply to this cat as the other cat. Calm down with the quick takes a few games into their careers.

Surely if he was going to be unable to get his shot off against NBA defenders because of his release, at least some inkling of that would have manifested itself by now, like Scoots weaknesses have yeah? He hasn't had an issue in any way

Surely, "KembaWalker" would come back to tell us we should have waited a few more games. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lolwut, are Brandon Miller haters actually trying to pat themselves on the back? Dude was about to have a monster game and rolled his ankle. Sucks. Still a lot better than 9%, last time I checked
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#688 » by EvanZ » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:27 pm

He was about to have a monster game lol

Nobody is hating but his regression illustrates exactly why you should wait to take your laps

KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#689 » by KembaWalker » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:32 pm

EvanZ wrote:He was about to have a monster game lol

Nobody is hating but his regression illustrates exactly why you should wait to take your laps

5/6 11pt in the first quarter and got injured . He had a better game in 10 minutes than Scoot has had in any of his 30 minute games :lol: nobody is down on Miller and you look silly trying to imply it
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#690 » by EvanZ » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:33 pm

It's funny the guys who take laps and then make excuses...expected though. You could just wait but nope. Got to take those early laps. :lol: :lol: :lol:
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#691 » by KembaWalker » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:48 pm

EvanZ wrote:It's funny the guys who take laps and then make excuses...expected though. You could just wait but nope. Got to take those early laps. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Miller haters down bad if they had to gloat after a single bad game and an injury. You love to see it
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#692 » by EvanZ » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:17 am

KembaWalker wrote:
EvanZ wrote:It's funny the guys who take laps and then make excuses...expected though. You could just wait but nope. Got to take those early laps. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Miller haters down bad if they had to gloat after a single bad game and an injury. You love to see it

Why did you take laps four games into the season?

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#693 » by clyde21 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:23 am

this board is a fkn disaster the first few weeks of the season

usual by clowns that contribute nothing to the board
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,446

Post#694 » by Big J » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:54 pm

clyde21 wrote:this board is a fkn disaster the first few weeks of the season

You’re the dude taking laps on Hawkins. It’s the same ****.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#695 » by JMAC3 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:53 pm

EvanZ wrote:Huh, he's now shooting 27.8% on 3s. -4.4 BPM Looks like the hot start has cooled off.

Where is everyone now? Funny how this works...Come on Big J...where are your victory laps? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where is everyone? I mean he is hurt and missed the last 7 quarters. Are we supposed to be in here bragging about him not playing?

His 3 pt shooting is basically all that is lacking if you go by percentages.

He is shooting 75% inside of 3 feet.
50% on 10-16 feet
55% on 16-3pt

17/22 from free throw, but yeah let's talk about his shooting lol. He has scored in double figures 8/9 games and is the 3rd leading scorer from the draft.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Post#696 » by Braggins » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:36 pm

In his first four games playing against starters hes averaging 10.8 pts ~ 3.0 reb ~ 1.3 ast on 40/13/63 shooting splits. I don't think there is any way he can come back from this four game sample. He should probably retire.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#697 » by EvanZ » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:12 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
17/22 from free throw, but yeah let's talk about his shooting lol. He has scored in double figures 8/9 games and is the 3rd leading scorer from the draft.

After literally 4 games people were already taking laps on his shooting. If he was shooting 28% after his four games they would have been quiet or taking laps that he sucks.

You guys are clowns. And it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that has seen this all before.
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#698 » by KembaWalker » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:44 pm

EvanZ wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

After literally 4 games people were already taking laps on his shooting. If he was shooting 28% after his four games they would have been quiet or taking laps that he sucks.

You guys are clowns. And it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that has seen this all before.

9%
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#699 » by EvanZ » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:55 pm

Big J wrote:
clyde21 wrote:this board is a fkn disaster the first few weeks of the season

You’re the dude taking laps on Hawkins. It’s the same ****.

Imagine if nobody took laps 10 games into a rookie season and actually waited until reasonable conclusions could be drawn. What a world that would be. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#700 » by JMAC3 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:56 pm

EvanZ wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Not sure what you are referencing, making up a scenario about a player then telling us what we would have done in said scenario then throwing 2 random insults is maybe not the best way to try and make a slam dunk point.

I am agreeing his 3pt isn't falling but he has a history of being an elite shooter. His mid-deep 2pt% is above the league average and he has been more than solid at the line. So yeah I don't think trying to find one area a guy has struggled and ignoring the rest is a good way to judge a prospect.

The reason people were excited early in the season isn't his shooting which makes this the best part. There were excited at all the little things he was doing that the haters said he wouldn't be able to do. He was passing the eye test with flying colors so yeah people were excited, not sure why talking about those 10 games in is so wild. Are we supposed to not bring up rookies at all for 6 months?
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!

Return to NBA Draft