Jordan Hawkins - UConn

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Duke4life831, Marcus

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,254

Re: Jordan Hawkins - UConn 

Post#341 » by clyde21 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:36 am

i don't get it - in his first 20 games and month of the season, dude was averaging 14/4/2 in less than 30 minutes and the Pels were winning games, including 3 25+ pt games, he and Wemby only two rookies so far to have done that.

then out nowhere is not getting minutes. I know Murphy and McCollum came back from injury but still doesn't make any sense.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,390

Post#342 » by babyjax13 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:27 pm

clyde21 wrote:i don't get it - in his first 20 games and month of the season, dude was averaging 14/4/2 in less than 30 minutes and the Pels were winning games, including 3 25+ pt games, he and Wemby only two rookies so far to have done that.

then out nowhere is not getting minutes. I know Murphy and McCollum came back from injury but still doesn't make any sense.

Well, Murphy and McCollum are better players right now. I'm sure New Orleans is trying to move one of them in a consolidation trade because they have the luxury of Hawkins off the bench.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,382

Post#343 » by MasterIchiro » Tue Jan 2, 2024 12:44 am

babyjax13 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:i don't get it - in his first 20 games and month of the season, dude was averaging 14/4/2 in less than 30 minutes and the Pels were winning games, including 3 25+ pt games, he and Wemby only two rookies so far to have done that.

Well, Murphy and McCollum are better players right now. I'm sure New Orleans is trying to move one of them in a consolidation trade because they have the luxury of Hawkins off the bench.

Are you being sarcastic here? I can't tell. They will never move Trey Murphy III and McCollum won't be there forever.
It has been written...
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,029

Post#344 » by FarBeyondDriven » Tue Jan 2, 2024 12:58 am

The 2023 draft isn't great but it does have plenty of really good role players like Hawkins. Problem is he's worse at everything than McCollum so you can't expect him to play over somebody like that who is making huge money. Why are people asking role players to play over stars? McCollum provides the spacing with superior 3pt shooting (44%) and playmaking (5 apg) to Hawkins. Hawkins was never going to start until a move is made but I doubt they move McCollum.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,390

Post#345 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 8:23 am

MasterIchiro wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

Are you being sarcastic here? I can't tell. They will never move Trey Murphy III and McCollum won't be there forever.

If they have a trade available for a star and they need a centerpiece to the deal they could trade him. The team clearly needs an upgrade somewhere on the roster to take the next step because Zion sure isn't taking basketball seriously.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,254

Post#346 » by clyde21 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:41 am

let my guy cook

Read on Twitter

Return to NBA Draft