Brice Sensabaugh

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Duke4life831, Marcus

sip
Rookie
And1: 1,315

Re: Brice Sensabaugh 

Post#141 » by sip » Fri Apr 5, 2024 1:18 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:I would expect Sensabaugh to have his third year option declined if he's not finally in shape by training camp next year fwiw.

His entire upside was based around his hypothetical athleticism if he was ever in shape, but uhhhhhhhh, he's still not in shape at all.

Good lord you spout constant nonsense. The jazz love what they are seeing from Bryce and his 3rd year option will definitely be picked up.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 822

Post#142 » by HadAnEffectHere » Fri Apr 5, 2024 1:21 pm

sip wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:I would expect Sensabaugh to have his third year option declined if he's not finally in shape by training camp next year fwiw.

His entire upside was based around his hypothetical athleticism if he was ever in shape, but uhhhhhhhh, he's still not in shape at all.

Good lord you spout constant nonsense. The jazz love what they are seeing from Bryce and his 3rd year option will definitely be picked up.

There is no chance the Jazz love what they're seeing. Name literally anything that has gone well for Sensabaugh this season. What has he done well.

The Jazz's DRtg is 128.3 with Sensabaugh on the court.

The worst DRtg in NBA history is... 121.2 (from this year's Utah Jazz)

Again, the entire idea of drafting Sensabaugh was hoping that he was a much better athlete than he showed in college and that he would become athletic once he lost weight and...... He has not lost the weight at all.
sip
Rookie

Post#143 » by sip » Fri Apr 5, 2024 1:26 pm

Catchall wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:
Spoiler:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:
there are dozens of guys like him languishing in the G-League over politics. It's a damn shame. The majority of these guys need multiple injuries or coaching changes to ever get a chance. I think it's time the NBA expands. Two more teams could easily be filled with quality rotations just with who is wasting away on NBA benches and the G-League.

He's been easily the worst player in the NBA since the Jazz put him into their rotation after the trade deadline to tank, lol.

87 TS+ while being the worst defender in the NBA.

He's Cam Thomas (who sucks) but a lot worse right now.

He was also so bad this year that he was even benched in the G-League.

The Jazz are being outscored by 11.5 points per 100 possessions with Brice on the court. It's been extremely bad.

I knew this was your post without having to look.

Yep. He has the worst takes on jazz players.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#144 » by HadAnEffectHere » Fri Apr 5, 2024 1:27 pm

sip wrote:
Catchall wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:
Spoiler:

He's been easily the worst player in the NBA since the Jazz put him into their rotation after the trade deadline to tank, lol.

87 TS+ while being the worst defender in the NBA.

He's Cam Thomas (who sucks) but a lot worse right now.

He was also so bad this year that he was even benched in the G-League.

The Jazz are being outscored by 11.5 points per 100 possessions with Brice on the court. It's been extremely bad.

I knew this was your post without having to look.

Yep. He has the worst takes on jazz players.

Me immediately before the Jazz traded Agbaji because he sucks: Man Agbaji sucks and probably it's time to write him off
The Jazz fanbase: Nooooo, this 23 year old player with no basketball skills is a critical part of the Jazz's future
sip
Rookie

Post#145 » by sip » Fri Apr 5, 2024 1:28 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
sip wrote:

There is no chance the Jazz love what they're seeing. Name literally anything that has gone well for Sensabaugh this season. What has he done well.

The Jazz's DRtg is 128.3 with Sensabaugh on the court.

The worst DRtg in NBA history is... 121.2 (from this year's Utah Jazz)

Again, the entire idea of drafting Sensabaugh was hoping that he was a much better athlete than he showed in college and that he would become athletic once he lost weight and...... He has not lost the weight at all.

Stop posting. The jazz are very excited with what they are seeing from Sensa and yes he has most definitely lost weight and become more athletic. He is showing a ton of potential offensively and just had the 2 best games of his career.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#146 » by HadAnEffectHere » Fri Apr 5, 2024 1:32 pm

This is actually the weirdest hyping I've seen in a minute because Sensabaugh has been a critical part of the Jazz's tank. The Jazz started 26-26 and are about to finish the season 3-27. They have shattered defensive ineptitude records in this stretch. While Sensabaugh obviously isn't completely to blame for this at all, he's a large part of it and his offense has been.... really bad.

87 TS+ as a non playmaking scorer playing against teams going half speed (because they know the Jazz will lose regardless of how badly they play) is really not good.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,057

Post#147 » by azcatz11 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:14 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:This is actually the weirdest hyping I've seen in a minute because Sensabaugh has been a critical part of the Jazz's tank. The Jazz started 26-26 and are about to finish the season 3-27. They have shattered defensive ineptitude records in this stretch. While Sensabaugh obviously isn't completely to blame for this at all, he's a large part of it and his offense has been.... really bad.

87 TS+ as a non playmaking scorer playing against teams going half speed (because they know the Jazz will lose regardless of how badly they play) is really not good.

3 Level scorer

The man can't shoot 3's lol. I agree he looks very out of shape. His future is bench scrub
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,958

Post#148 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:16 pm

For Christ sake he is a rookie; using DRtg from such a small sample size to say he is going to be cut year 3 is absolute nonsense.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#149 » by HadAnEffectHere » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:19 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:For Christ sake he is a rookie; using DRtg from such a small sample size to say he is going to be cut year 3 is absolute nonsense.

If that was the only concern then yes, but

1. He was benched in college for being so bad at defense
2. He was benched in the G League for being so bad at defense
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,958

Post#150 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:27 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:For Christ sake he is a rookie; using DRtg from such a small sample size to say he is going to be cut year 3 is absolute nonsense.

If that was the only concern then yes, but

1. He was benched in college for being so bad at defense
2. He was benched in the G League for being so bad at defense

I understand and agree he is a bad defender, just dont think its reasonable to say he will be cut after Y3 due to defense.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,201

Post#151 » by JMAC3 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:00 pm

I can't really take a hard stance on him, but from the outside looking in it is at least a data point to consider when looking at the Def Rating, especially since that was a main concern heading into the draft. The last 2 games it looks like he just shot the 3 ball really well and that pretty much carried his stat line. Not sure that really means all that much unless it becomes a trend.

Overall I think the final 2 weeks of the NBA season are probably nothing to get hyped about. Teams are playing much much worse lineups more often than not and the effort seems to be lacking from non playoff teams. Feels like we see random great outings from bad players every year this time of year...

Ala Malchi Flynn dropping 50 this week.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,231

Post#152 » by EvanZ » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:51 pm

Funny thing is as soon as I got a notification from this thread I knew someone was about to take some laps on Brice Sensabaugh. I thought "Oh, maybe he's shooting 40% on 3s or something, good for him!" Then I go look up the stats and he's shooting 29% on 3s LMAO. BPM -5.9

Imagine taking laps on this guy LMAOOOOO weird flex but OK!
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,288

Post#153 » by Catchall » Fri Apr 5, 2024 10:25 pm

Sensabaugh needs to lose 10-15 lbs, and if I were the Jazz I'd bring in Joe Johnson to work with him on his decision making and playmaking.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh

Return to NBA Draft