Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 737

Re: Scoot Henderson 

Post#1541 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:23 pm

Big J wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:Bumping this thread every time he has a bad game is really weird.

Scoot is a huge but unathletic PG who needs to shoot a high percentage on very high volume on off the dribble threes. This was the entire thing before the draft and is the entire thing now. Obviously him not making progress on his jumpshot this year means he should be viewed less positively than predraft.

This is complete revisionist history. He was viewed by most people as some athletic outlier who was a can’t miss prospect due to his playmaking and physical profile. Thankfully JMAC, dean on draft & I didn’t buy the hype.

Name literally one time I said this.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,327

Post#1542 » by DOT » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:04 pm

Legitimately unhinged behavior the amount of energy some people are putting into hating this guy :lol:

Like, oh no some people ranked him higher than me, now I must dedicate my entire life to rooting for his downfall

I kinda get it from a Hornets fan perspective, lots of people were clowning on them right after the draft for taking Miller over him and you always want your guy to be better than the guy taken right afterwards, but still

I just don't get what Scoot, specifically, did to earn all this about him.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,165

Post#1543 » by JMAC3 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:30 pm

DOT wrote:Legitimately unhinged behavior the amount of energy some people are putting into hating this guy :lol:

Like, oh no some people ranked him higher than me, now I must dedicate my entire life to rooting for his downfall

I kinda get it from a Hornets fan perspective, lots of people were clowning on them right after the draft for taking Miller over him and you always want your guy to be better than the guy taken right afterwards, but still

I mean I don't think this is some new concept to sports.
Did you see Bryce Young and CJ Stroud this year?
Luka vs Trae in their draft.
Jokic vs Embiid

Guys are going to constantly be analyzed in this day and age vs piers.

I fully expect the Reed Sheppard thread to look like this next year too because he like Scoot is polarizing.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#1544 » by EvanZ » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:36 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
DOT wrote:Legitimately unhinged behavior the amount of energy some people are putting into hating this guy :lol:

Jokic vs Embiid

I fully expect the Reed Sheppard thread to look like this next year too because he like Scoot is polarizing.

It's literally because YOU are doing this behavior. Just stop making it polarizing and it won't be. Stop taking laps. It's not hard.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1545 » by DOT » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:45 pm

JMAC3 wrote:

Jokic vs Embiid

None of those are like what's going on here though

Especially not Jokic vs Embiid, how is that in any way comparable :lol:

The twins were super polarizing this past draft, they have less than half the posts combined as just Scoot

I'm trying to find a single prospect on this board whose thread has as many posts as Scoot, and there are none in the last 8 pages that I saw

I'm saying I don't get why Scoot specifically is getting so much discourse, why is he so much more polarizing than any other player?

Cause I don't see what makes him that much more polarizing than every other player. It seems personal at this point.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#1546 » by JMAC3 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:46 pm

EvanZ wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

Jokic vs Embiid

It's literally because YOU are doing this behavior. Just stop making it polarizing and it won't be. Stop taking laps. It's not hard.

Reed Sheppard is #1 on some people's boards and outside the lottery on others. Him being a polarizing prospect isn't being driven by me on a message board with 100 active posters lol. I promise he is polarizing whether I exist or not.

Same with Scoot, check twitter. Believe it or not people are expressing opinions on there after every game without getting the okay from you.
Big Board
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1547 » by DOT » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:54 pm

Like, this is page 78 of Scoot, the only players I could find before I got bored whose threads broke even 60 are Trae and Ben Simmons, Sengun is the only other one to break 50 pages

I just don't get why Scoot in particular is so polarizing that y'all talk about him so much more than anyone else.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

JMAC3
General Manager

Post#1548 » by JMAC3 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:01 pm

DOT wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

Jokic vs Embiid

The twins were super polarizing this past draft, they have less than half the posts combined as just Scoot

I'm trying to find a single prospect on this board whose thread has as many posts as Scoot, and there are none in the last 8 pages that I saw

I'm saying I don't get why Scoot specifically is getting so much discourse, why is he so much more polarizing than any other player?

Cause I don't see what makes him that much more polarizing than every other player. It seems personal at this point.

Have you ever seen any sports talk show? Embiid vs Jokic is talked about weekly.
Chet vs Wemby is discussed all over the internet including general board rookie discussion.

If you are trying to zero in on why people are talking about a draft prospect on an NBA draft board that is designed to talked to about prospects maybe you don't understand the point of the message board.

Thompson Twins weren't that heavily debated prior to the draft, so not shocked they aren't heavily focused on. Now if there were multiple posters in here saying they might end up better than Wemby and should have guaranteed been the #2 pick then yeah they probably would be discussed further and more analyzed.

This draft is especially slow with Sarr, Risacher, Topic, Buzelis, Holland and Saluan not playing college basketball so 6 of the top 10 guys aren't really on high access television to watch games. Hence why they aren't talked about as much.

Castle, Reed, Dillingham are 3 most talked about guys on the board because they have played the most games that are actually watchable. Or at least that is my opinion on the subject.

Which Prospect do you think deserves talking about more on here that isn't getting the proper attention?
Big Board
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1549 » by DOT » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:14 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
DOT wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
Jokic vs Embiid

Have you ever seen any sports talk show? Embiid vs Jokic is talked about weekly.
Chet vs Wemby is discussed all over the internet including general board rookie discussion.

If you are trying to zero in on why people are talking about a draft prospect on an NBA draft board that is designed to talked to about prospects maybe you don't understand the point of the message board.

Thompson Twins weren't that heavily debated prior to the draft, so not shocked they aren't heavily focused on. Now if there were multiple posters in here saying they might end up better than Wemby and should have guaranteed been the #2 pick then yeah they probably would be discussed further and more analyzed.

This draft is especially slow with Sarr, Risacher, Topic, Buzelis, Holland and Saluan not playing college basketball so 6 of the top 10 guys aren't really on high access television to watch games. Hence why they aren't talked about as much.

Castle, Reed, Dillingham are 3 most talked about guys on the board because they have played the most games that are actually watchable. Or at least that is my opinion on the subject.

Which Prospect do you think deserves talking about more on here that isn't getting the proper attention?

I just want to know what specifically Scoot did to y'all to make you so upset at him

Cause it genuinely is weird at this point.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

JMAC3
General Manager

Post#1550 » by JMAC3 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:18 pm

DOT wrote:I just want to know what specifically Scoot did to y'all to make you so upset at him

JMAC3 wrote:I didn't even notice he was back the last few games, but glad to see he will at least get these last 15 or so games of experience, was thinking they were going to shut him down.

Outside shot is struggling 2/13 from 3 in three games back, only 4 fta. I watched a few game highlights, finishing at the rim still a struggle. He did have a few nice plays in transition, but watching Celtics game felt like he got blocked a lot at the rim.

What is weird about watching 3 full game highlight clips and posting my feedback about the games I watched? Is that not what the thread is for? I am getting a bit confused.
Big Board
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#1551 » by EvanZ » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:20 pm

JMAC and BigJ are the two guys who "made it weird". Something about having to prove Clyde wrong lol.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#1552 » by JMAC3 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:26 pm

DOT wrote:I just want to know what specifically Scoot did to y'all to make you so upset at him

Again, Scoot is polarizing. Not many #3 picks have ever been as bad as he has been.

But for instance I talk about Brandon Miller a ton on Hornets board. His thread is 75 pages long. Would it help if I came to the NBA draft board and doubled down to talk about how well he has played? Would that fix this for you?

Wemby isn't polarizing. Do you want people to just post "man he is good" and then everyone agree after every game?

Would it help if the Anthony Black thread was blowing up after he played 2 mins last night or 11 mins the game before that?
or what Jarace Walker did in garbage time? Who do you want to get talked about instead?
Big Board
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1553 » by DOT » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:31 pm

JMAC3 wrote:Who do you want to get talked about instead?

There isn't a requirement to keep making posts

You don't need to talk about someone if there isn't anything to say, and there hasn't been anything new to say on Scoot in months.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

JMAC3
General Manager

Post#1554 » by JMAC3 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:38 pm

DOT wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:Who do you want to get talked about instead?

There isn't a requirement to keep making posts

You don't need to talk about someone if there isn't anything to say, and there hasn't been anything new to say on Scoot in months.

He just played 3 games in the last week lol. I came and made 1 post about THE GAMES then all of sudden a bunch of people got up in arms lol.

Now instead of talking about the prospect you are on some weird fact finding mission or something. Which is doing the thing you apparently hate which is accumulating meaningless posts in the thread.
Big Board
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie
And1: 855

Post#1555 » by FarBeyondDriven » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:57 pm

DOT wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

Jokic vs Embiid

Just the usual back and forth between the camp that felt Scoot was elite and the camp that felt he was overrated. The problem is, some of the elite camp, tend to talk down to people and are very combative. The overrated camp is taking this opportunity to rub their noses in it while it looks like they were right and the elite camp was wrong. It's a little too early for all of that imho but I'm here for it. If you don't want your wrong opinions to be ridiculed maybe you should treat others with more respect. On the other hand, if you're going to gloat about Scoot playing poorly, you better not have had him in the top 5 or 10 because you were essentially still saying he's a great prospect as well.
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie

Post#1556 » by FarBeyondDriven » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:59 pm

EvanZ wrote:JMAC and BigJ are the two guys who "made it weird". Something about having to prove Clyde wrong lol.

you seem to make it a habit to defend Clyde. I've now seen you do this multiple times. What gives?
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#1557 » by EvanZ » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:30 pm

FarBeyondDriven wrote:
EvanZ wrote:JMAC and BigJ are the two guys who "made it weird". Something about having to prove Clyde wrong lol.

you seem to make it a habit to defend Clyde. I've now seen you do this multiple times. What gives?

How am I defending Clyde? I blocked him long ago. It's just hilarious you guys care what he thinks.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,428

Post#1558 » by JRoy » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:54 pm

DOT wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
DOT wrote:None of those are like what's going on here though

I just want to know what specifically Scoot did to y'all to make you so upset at him

He really is truly awful.

I didn’t want my team to draft him but tried to keep an open mind but he is just terrible. He can’t even dribble without constantly carrying the ball.

Normally young players show flashes of what they might look like when their games mature. Those are few and very far between with Scoot.

He looks like a bust to me.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie

Post#1559 » by FarBeyondDriven » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:55 pm

EvanZ wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:

How am I defending Clyde? I blocked him long ago. It's just hilarious you guys care what he thinks.

You're defending him, obviously, by saying the people posting supposed anti-Scoot posts, thus, against Clyde because he was so vocally pro-Scoot, are "making it weird" thus absolving him of any wrong-doing and painting it as weirdos versus Clyde.

you've gone out of your way to defend him multiple times. And mention him by name while doing it. Enough that it's noteworthy. Nobody on here needs others to fight their battles especially Clyde who has proven he dishes it out as well as he receives.
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie

Post#1560 » by FarBeyondDriven » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:58 pm

JRoy wrote:
DOT wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

He really truly sucks. I didn’t want my team to draft him but tried to keep an open mind but he
is just terrible. He can’t even without constantly carrying the ball.

I wasn't in the "elite" camp but I thought (and think) he's got potential to be an above average staring point guard. I've been shocked at how bad he's looked at times. But he has flashed quite a bit and it's harder for rookie point guards than it is for other positions. I think people should slow down on the bust talk until he's been in the league for a few years. But yeah, it's not looking good.

Return to NBA Draft