JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,165

Re: Scoot Henderson 

Post#1621 » by JMAC3 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:20 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Braggins wrote:
tester551 wrote:Not bad...

Watching most of his games, he has to dramatically improve his decision making. FAR too many "WTF" type plays.

Yeah, he was still at over 3 turnovers per game in that stretch. During the middle portion of the season when Portland had some of their other main ball handlers still playing he was starting to cut back on the turnovers, but later in the season when they were rolling with Delano Banton as the 2nd ball handler and Scoots responsibility drastically increased his turnovers trended back in the wrong direction.

What's funny is that the lap takers kept harping on Scoot's "lack of athleticism" which was never really the main issue. Or even his shooting which might end up being good enough. He needs to improve his decision-making. A lot of his plays just look like he isn't aware he's playing against NBA competition. I think he'll figure that out eventually though.

If you want to blame 100% of his inability to finish on "lack of touch" like he has never shot a layup before in his life then yeah... but it is pretty rare for guys with so called elite athleticism to struggle so much at the rim and he was down right awful there.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#1622 » by EvanZ » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:26 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Braggins wrote:Yeah, he was still at over 3 turnovers per game in that stretch. During the middle portion of the season when Portland had some of their other main ball handlers still playing he was starting to cut back on the turnovers, but later in the season when they were rolling with Delano Banton as the 2nd ball handler and Scoots responsibility drastically increased his turnovers trended back in the wrong direction.

What's funny is that the lap takers kept harping on Scoot's "lack of athleticism" which was never really the main issue. Or even his shooting which might end up being good enough. He needs to improve his decision-making. A lot of his plays just look like he isn't aware he's playing against NBA competition. I think he'll figure that out eventually though.

If you want to blame 100% of his inability to finish on "lack of touch" like he has never shot a layup before in his life then yeah... but it is pretty rare for guys with so called elite athleticism to struggle so much at the rim and he was down right awful there.

JMAC still can't believe what he actually sees apparently.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#1623 » by JMAC3 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:28 pm

EvanZ wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

JMAC still can't believe what he actually sees apparently.

I am asking you, you 100% blame his poor finishing on lack of touch then? nothing to do with him not being as athletic as he sold as?
Interesting.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#1624 » by JMAC3 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:38 pm

Finishing Numbers
0-3 feet
50.3%
Ranked 235th out of 240 players according to basketball ref