Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,172

Re: Bilal Coulibaly 

Post#181 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:01 pm

Imagine judging a rookie from that Wizards team based on impact stats.

Rookies almost always have terrible impact stats. That isn't how you judge them, not until they have been in the league several years can you measure and compare those numbers directly with more veteran players.

For rookies you look at if they are playing at game speed, what aspects of their game translate, what aspects do they need to work on and are they the kind of things people can improve with experience. Yeah its a bit more subjective and an eye test but that is the nature of judging young players on bad teams. I will 100% take the opinion of someone who has watched the player and has an insight into how comfortable they look on the court over someone who boils down production stats into a single number and thinks that accurately describes everything there is to know about a young player and their future.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,228

Post#182 » by EvanZ » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:16 pm

Big J wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Big J the king of cherry picking and lap taking

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

That’s hater logic bro. If you paid attention you might actually learn something.

I paid enough attention to learn your clown takes. If it's early November of a rookie season Big J is all over the early declarations of victory.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,448

Post#183 » by Big J » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:32 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Big J wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Big J the king of cherry picking and lap taking

That’s hater logic bro. If you paid attention you might actually learn something.

I paid enough attention to learn your clown takes. If it's early November of a rookie season Big J is all over the early declarations of victory.

Aight fam, you better hope they fail. If not you guys won’t hear the end of it because right now it looks like I absolutely knocked this draft out of the park.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#184 » by EvanZ » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:24 pm

Big J wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Big J wrote:

Aight fam, you better hope they fail. If not you guys won’t hear the end of it because right now it looks like I absolutely knocked this draft out of the park.

Hey Big J where are you now in the Brandon Miller thread? :lol: :lol: :lol: Such a clown bro
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,200

Post#185 » by JMAC3 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:20 pm

He has looked pretty good, but he also never looks at the rim.
His % are probably a bit skewed just because he is only taking the highest of highest% looks.
So good shot selection, but you can't shoot 3 times and play 30 mins in an NBA game.

21/30 fgs this year are either a dunk or a three.

I also don't think top to bottom Washington is awful. They have real NBA talent, they just lack the top end talent. Kuzma and Poole as your top 2 is tough. Deni, Gafford, Jones, Shamet, Bilal, Wright, Kispert and Galo are all real NBA rotation guys. They really could use a top 3 pick type of talent in this upcoming draft to raise their ceiling.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,200

Post#186 » by JMAC3 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:34 pm

Another game last night where he played 29 mins and only got 5 shots up. He made 4, and scored 10 pts.
If I was a wizards fan I would be yelling shoot the ball.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,924

Post#187 » by TGW » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:03 pm

EvanZ wrote:People taking laps on a guy with 11 PER and -1.9 BPM getting minutes on the worst team in the NBA after 10 games…yeah sounds about right for RealGM lol

But by your logic, aren't you doing the exact same thing...making conclusions off a small dataset?

Sounds about right for realgm :lol:
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#188 » by EvanZ » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:06 pm

TGW wrote:
EvanZ wrote:People taking laps on a guy with 11 PER and -1.9 BPM getting minutes on the worst team in the NBA after 10 games…yeah sounds about right for RealGM lol

But by your logic, aren't you doing the exact same thing...making conclusions off a small dataset?

Sounds about right for realgm :lol:

Uh, but I'm not taking laps. I'm saying you should wait. So....nice try?
TGW
RealGM

Post#189 » by TGW » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:07 pm

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:Imagine judging a rookie from that Wizards team based on impact stats.

Rookies almost always have terrible impact stats. That isn't how you judge them, not until they have been in the league several years can you measure and compare those numbers directly with more veteran players.

For rookies you look at if they are playing at game speed, what aspects of their game translate, what aspects do they need to work on and are they the kind of things people can improve with experience. Yeah its a bit more subjective and an eye test but that is the nature of judging young players on bad teams. I will 100% take the opinion of someone who has watched the player and has an insight into how comfortable they look on the court over someone who boils down production stats into a single number and thinks that accurately describes everything there is to know about a young player and their future.

I've had the displeasure of watching all of the Wizards games, and I'm a proponent of him starting over Jordan Poole. And that's because Coulibaly displays the things that you mention...he hustles, he's even-keeled, he doesn't force things, he rebounds, and plays defense. He's a real glue player right now. No he doesn't take a bunch of shots...right now his role is 3&D, but he's doing it so well, I think he's more valuable than a shotjacking Poole in the starting lineup. Just my 2 cents.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,448

Post#190 » by Big J » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:00 pm

JMAC3 wrote:Another game last night where he played 29 mins and only got 5 shots up. He made 4, and scored 10 pts.
If I was a wizards fan I would be yelling shoot the ball.

That was Kawhi early in his career too. It's better that he's not taking pointers from Poole & Kuzma and just letting it fly.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,309

Post#191 » by SNPA » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:23 am

He looked like a player pre-draft and I just checked his NBA highlights…still looks like a player.

We may have ourselves a player here.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,723

Post#192 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:16 am

The jump in his 3pt shooting is unexpected
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#193 » by FarBeyondDriven » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:46 am

he is exactly the type of young prospect the Wizards needed at this point in time and the best they could have expected considering where they picked. Unlike the rest of the guys they've taken recently he actually looks like he can be an above average defender which means he'll get minutes. Organic development will hopefully bring more strength, confidence and a better handle which should get him to be a #2 his upside suggests he could become. I'm a fan. I know the Wizards are trying to showcase guys for trades but by doing that they might win too much. Don't get too cute. Finally tank in earnest. They should unashamedly tank the next two seasons, though if they landed Sarr, he and Coulibaly would probably be enough of a culture change and talent addition that would make tanking much much harder in 2024. But if they did, and could add Flagg to them? Wow. That would be something
TGW
RealGM

Post#194 » by TGW » Thu Dec 7, 2023 4:20 pm

He's one of the lone bright spots on the team. Shocking that he's 19. I remember Kwame Brown as a 19 year old, and he looked so uncomfortable on the court. Bilal is the polar opposite...he already understands help defense concepts, and his activity and long arms make it a PITA for offenses. Rarely are his teammates yelling at him to get to a spot, or move out of the way...the European league really helped him to understand floor spacing and defensive rotations.

Return to NBA Draft