Keyontae Johnson

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Re: Keyontae Johnson 

Post#21 » by EvanZ » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:01 pm

Dort was listed as 6'4" at ASU. He's maybe an inch shorter than Keyontae who's listed at 6'5". Assuming both in shoes.

The irony of pointing out their difference in height when Kenrich is 2" taller than Keyontae.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,164

Post#22 » by Hal14 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:18 pm

EvanZ wrote:Dort was listed as 6'4" at ASU. He's maybe an inch shorter than Keyontae who's listed at 6'5". Assuming both in shoes.

The irony of pointing out their difference in height when Kenrich is 2" taller than Keyontae.

Dort is 6'4"
https://www.nba.com/player/1629652/luguentz-dort

Keyontae and Kenrich are both 6'6:

https://www.kstatesports.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

https://www.nba.com/player/1629026/kenrich-williams
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#23 » by EvanZ » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:11 pm

Let's see what Keyontae measures at. I think he's 6'5".

Kenrich measured at 6'6" barefoot at the Combine, so he's > 6'7" in shoes.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#24 » by EvanZ » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:14 pm

Florida listed Keyontae at 6'5" his last season there. Has he grown an inch after age 21? I doubt it.

https://floridagators.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/keyontae-johnson/14466
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,301

Post#25 » by babyjax13 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:36 pm

EvanZ wrote:Let's see what Keyontae measures at. I think he's 6'5".

Kenrich measured at 6'6" barefoot at the Combine, so he's > 6'7" in shoes.

My point is more that they get their points offensively in similar ways. Both are really physical on the interior and use that physicality to create space in the paint. They both also do some interesting things with midrange pullups/floaters that I like. Keyontae can obviously finish some lobs and Kenrich can't (and that is a huge difference), but he doesn't have blow-by speed with the ball in his hands. Both are also fairly physical defenders. Especially when Kenrich was first in the league it was his physicality with some emerging ball skills that were interesting. They'll be different, certainly (Colby Jones is probably more similar to Williams).

RE: the Dort comp, what makes Dort special is that lateral speed that I don't think Johnson has (he seems less explosive than when he was in Florida, too). I'm not sure what a perfect comp is, I was just trying to highlight some of the things he does.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#26 » by EvanZ » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:49 pm

A better comp of someone who needs to succeed a lot of the same ways as Kenrich is Darrion Williams who entered the transfer portal.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,258

Post#27 » by SNPA » Fri May 26, 2023 5:27 am

There’s no reason this guy can’t be an NBA player. I’m guessing the heart episode and his age are keeping his value down. Regardless, taking KJ in the second seems like a good GM thing to do for any club not just upside hunting.
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,380

Post#28 » by SeattleJazzFan » Fri May 26, 2023 3:24 pm

SNPA wrote:There’s no reason this guy can’t be an NBA player. I’m guessing the heart episode and his age are keeping his value down. Regardless, taking KJ in the second seems like a good GM thing to do for any club not just upside hunting.

i agree. especially after he measured ridiculously well at the combine. strong/well built, great length, can shoot it, plus athlete, productive in college - he has all the makings of a second round pick that is in NBA rotations for a long time.
kobyz
Rookie
And1: 270

Post#29 » by kobyz » Sat May 27, 2023 8:15 am

Very similar to Danuel House
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,072

Post#30 » by tidho » Sun May 28, 2023 3:37 pm

mid to late 2nd, Lamar Stevens type 10 or 11 on a bench.

Return to NBA Draft