Nikola Topic

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,190

Re: Nikola Topic 

Post#61 » by Mickey8 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:22 pm

He's noting like Reeves, Reeves is not the point guard. Those measurements are from the basketball without borders from a year ago. I am not sure if they are precise or not.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#62 » by EvanZ » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:59 pm

Mickey8 wrote:He's noting like Reeves, Reeves is not the point guard. Those measurements are from the basketball without borders from a year ago. I am not sure if they are precise or not.

He’ll be lucky to be as much of a point guard as Reaves in the NBA. You guys always overestimate everyone.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,222

Post#63 » by lambchop » Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:27 am

EvanZ wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:He's noting like Reeves, Reeves is not the point guard. Those measurements are from the basketball without borders from a year ago. I am not sure if they are precise or not.

He’ll be lucky to be as much of a point guard as Reaves in the NBA. You guys always overestimate everyone.

Yep Reaves is a 3rd option on a conference finals team. That's really good. Topic comes across as a better passer though, but in terms of fluidity they look very similar.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#64 » by Mickey8 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:22 pm

EvanZ wrote:

Coming from someone who never watched Topic and I have been following him since he was 15 years old. Topic is the point guard and there is not any similarity with Reeves who is SG/SF , beside both players being white.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 911

Post#65 » by Pokuokic » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:55 pm

He's nothing like Reeves he's already stronger/way better built than Reeves and would probably bully the crap out of Reeves right now, he's a WAY WAY better Nate Wolters/Poor man's JKidd. Honestly Red Star **** up bad he's better than all 3 of their PG's who can't do anything in the Euroleague other than lose games. He's bullying grown men like no one has (didn't watch Jokic) from Mega and they have had a ton of 2nd rounders and some 1st rounders for like 10 years.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#66 » by EvanZ » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:36 am

Pokuokic wrote:He's nothing like Reeves he's already stronger/way better built than Reeves and would probably bully the crap out of Reeves right now, he's a WAY WAY better Nate Wolters/Poor man's JKidd. Honestly Red Star **** up bad he's better than all 3 of their PG's who can't do anything in the Euroleague other than lose games. He's bullying grown men like no one has (didn't watch Jokic) from Mega and they have had a ton of 2nd rounders and some 1st rounders for like 10 years.

LMAO settle down cowboy
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,642

Post#67 » by peZt » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:27 am

Topic is very clearly a PG. This doesn't mean, he will be a better player than Reeves but he's without a question much more of a PG than Reeves
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Post#68 » by SeattleJazzFan » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:53 pm

Pokuokic wrote:He's nothing like Reeves he's already stronger/way better built than Reeves and would probably bully the crap out of Reeves right now, he's a WAY WAY better Nate Wolters/Poor man's JKidd. Honestly Red Star **** up bad he's better than all 3 of their PG's who can't do anything in the Euroleague other than lose games. He's bullying grown men like no one has (didn't watch Jokic) from Mega and they have had a ton of 2nd rounders and some 1st rounders for like 10 years.

if he's clearly better than Reeves like you seem to be insinuating, he'd be a top 5 lock. if not higher depending on how much better you're sure he is that Reeves.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,579

Post#69 » by MemphisX » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:26 am

SeattleJazzFan wrote:

if he's clearly better than Reeves like you seem to be insinuating, he'd be a top 5 lock. if not higher depending on how much better you're sure he is that Reeves.

It is not off the table.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 911

Post#70 » by Pokuokic » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:20 am

SeattleJazzFan wrote:

I never said he was better than Reeves who's not that good imo and had the world literally take turns bullying him in the FIBA world cup, I just said he had a better build/ is stronger than Reeves/plays different and that no one in Mega (I did not watch Jokic) had dominated like him and you have had 1st/2nd round pick galore playing for that squad since Jokic left.
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#71 » by Mickey8 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 12:43 am

He was struggling against the two top teams in the Adriatic league prior this game . I think he had the good and the bad moments in the games but I also think the mask bothered him a lot in those game too.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,256

Post#72 » by Catchall » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:09 pm

Topic looks like a whizkid and could be a top-5 talent in this draft. He's got some size, he plays fast, he's a knockdown shooter and he makes plays with either hand. The only question is whether he's big and strong enough, or crafty enough, to consistently break the paint, something the NBA really requires. Rim finishing might also be a question at the next level.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,222

Post#73 » by lambchop » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:30 am

So Topic is set to join Red Star Belgrade. This means he'll be in the same league he was already in, but will also be playing Euroleague teams. I'm not sure how many minutes he'll be able to get, but it seems that the team isn't happy with the back up point guard's production. So if Topic plays well, he'd basically guaranteed 15 mins a game.

He has great size for a PG at 6'6. He loves to push the pace and definitely used his speed to his advantage in the Adriatic league. The Euroleague has superior athletes on average so we'll see how that goes. In terms of his personal development, in that he'll benefit from playing against tougher competition and being around real pros.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,907

Post#74 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:31 am

I dont see 5 guys better than him in this draft - think he is clearly a Top-5 talent albeit its pretty early. The only guys that I think are clearly better prospects are Matas, Risacher and maybe Sarr. Chance Cody gets in that group with a larger sample size.

So, ya, in this not-top-heavy draft there is a logical argument he is a Top-5 guy.
wemby
Senior
And1: 314

Post#75 » by wemby » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:24 pm

That's probably what stood out the most to me, he's really crafty and can take contact at the rim and still finish very efficiently. If he extends his range, which could happen because his numbers aren't horrendous and he's a good FT shooter, he could be a very good NBA player for a long time. I'd really like him on my Spurs, but could also be an option for the Wizards, Jazz and Raptors (probably not for Pistons, Hornets, Trailblazers, Grizzlies, Hawks).
Since you've watched him much more than I have, does he look like a legit 6'6" guy with 7'+ wingspan? I'm skeptical from the clips I've seen, but it's hard to tell exactly.
wemby
Senior

Post#76 » by wemby » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:32 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:I dont see 5 guys better than him in this draft - think he is clearly a Top-5 talent albeit its pretty early. The only guys that I think are clearly better prospects are Matas, Risacher and maybe Sarr. Chance Cody gets in that group with a larger sample size.

So, ya, in this not-top-heavy draft there is a logical argument he is a Top-5 guy.

Honestly, not to harp on your guy Scoot, but Topic is impressive playing at a higher level than Scoot ever did. Take the past 2 drafts, for instance. Has he shown less than, say, Mathurin? or Black? or Suggs? or many other prospects in a similar range as he's projected to be drafted? I think not. Seems like he would deserve top 5 / top 10 consideration in most classes, not just this one. He might go a little higher in this one... might even go as high as no. 1 for the right team, which wouldn't have happened in the last couple of classes, but still pretty danm high.
wemby
Senior

Post#77 » by wemby » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:35 pm

lambchop wrote:So Topic is set to join Red Star Belgrade. This means he'll be in the same league he was already in, but will also be playing Euroleague teams. I'm not sure how many minutes he'll be able to get, but it seems that the team isn't happy with the back up point guard's production. So if Topic plays well, he'd basically guaranteed 15 mins a game.

He has great size for a PG at 6'6. He loves to push the pace and definitely used his speed to his advantage in the Adriatic league. The Euroleague has superior athletes on average so we'll see how that goes. In terms of his personal development, in that he'll benefit from playing against tougher competition and being around real pros.

That's excellent news, we'll see how well he matches up against top ranked Euroleague teams, I for sure will try to catch a few games (really like him for the Spurs).
tester551
Analyst
And1: 816

Post#78 » by tester551 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:16 pm

Can someone post a link to good game highlights where he looks like a too prospect?

I don't want to see the curated 'scouting report' type film... but more whole game footage.

The 2-3 videos that Ive watched so far, I struggle seeing him even be drafted. I saw 1 nice dribble drive attacking the basket- but outside of that... I thought he was extremely mediocre
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,893

Post#79 » by Colbinii » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:22 pm

tester551 wrote:Can someone post a link to good game highlights where he looks like a too prospect?

I don't want to see the curated 'scouting report' type film... but more whole game footage.

The 2-3 videos that Ive watched so far, I struggle seeing him even be drafted. I saw 1 nice dribble drive attacking the basket- but outside of that... I thought he was extremely mediocre

Struggle seeing him drafted?

Is your head okay? He has much better tape offensively than Coulibally who was drafted in the lottery last year.

Or I assume you didn't think he would be drafted either?
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
tester551
Analyst
And1: 816

Post#80 » by tester551 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:24 am

Colbinii wrote:
tester551 wrote:Can someone post a link to good game highlights where he looks like a too prospect?

Struggle seeing him drafted?

Is your head okay? He has much better tape offensively than Coulibally who was drafted in the lottery last year.

Or I assume you didn't think he would be drafted either?

Yes - the videos I saw - he looked slow & pudgy.

If you have tape where he looks like a top 10 pick, please provide a link. I want to see...

For the record, I was high on Coulibally. Not as high as the Wizards... but I had him ~10-12 on my draft board.

Return to NBA Draft