clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Re: Cooper Flagg - HS 

Post#221 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:03 am

wegotthabeet wrote:
God Squad wrote:Andrei Kirilenko 2.0. He should be really good
The-Stallion70 wrote:How good is this kid? I havent kept up,

I know he's 6'8" athletic nice overall game.

Is he like Luka?

To me he seems like a smaller but more well rounded Franz Wagner. Less of an initiator but can score in more ways.

i don't know how good he will be, but i do know he can only be compared to other white guys.

i wanted to compare him to LeBron James but not as freak of an athlete obviously but thought I'd get laughed at. if you actually remember how LeBron looked in HS and the types of roles he played Flagg is pretty much the same thing, but obviously again without the absolutely insane athleticism (though Flagg is plenty athletic enough).

i don't get the Franz comp at all.
wegotthabeet
Veteran
And1: 1,942

Post#222 » by wegotthabeet » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:16 am

clyde21 wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:

Is he like Luka?

To me he seems like a smaller but more well rounded Franz Wagner. Less of an initiator but can score in more ways.

i don't know how good he will be, but i do know he can only be compared to other white guys.

i wanted to compare him to LeBron James but not as freak of an athlete obviously but thought I'd get laughed at. if you actually remember how LeBron looked in HS and the types of roles he played Flagg is pretty much the same thing, but obviously again without the absolutely insane athleticism (though Flagg is plenty athletic enough).

Is he on that level as a playmaker?
clyde21
RealGM

Post#223 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:15 am

wegotthabeet wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:

Is he on that level as a playmaker?

i think so, remember LeBron wasn't the PG in HS that he is no, that part of his game didn't really take off until his second stint in Cleveland, before that he was more a secondary point-forward, not the primary playmaker.
The-Stallion70
Rookie
And1: 393

Post#224 » by The-Stallion70 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:11 pm

wegotthabeet wrote:

Is he like Luka?

Let's hear your comp then. Any lazy poster can sit there and say they don't like them something about another post.
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.
The-Stallion70
Rookie

Post#225 » by The-Stallion70 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:12 pm

clyde21 wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:

Is he like Luka?

Let's hear your comp then. Any lazy ass can sit there and point out something they don't like in another post.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,893

Post#226 » by Colbinii » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:30 pm

The-Stallion70 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:

Let's hear your comp then. Any lazy ass can sit there and point out something they don't like in another post.

Franz is a bad comp because Franz didn't show the playmaking or passing that Flagg has until his Sophomore year of college, and even that isn't at the level of Flagg.

I like Ben Simmons with an actual shot as a comp.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#227 » by mattao313 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:58 pm

Colbinii wrote:
The-Stallion70 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Franz is a bad comp because Franz didn't show the playmaking or passing that Flagg has until his Sophomore year of college, and even that isn't at the level of Flagg.

So are u guys comparing them in HS or are they comparing how that'd be in the NBA?

Sent from my SM-A528B using RealGM mobile app
Championships
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,893

Post#228 » by Colbinii » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:59 pm

mattao313 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
The-Stallion70 wrote:

So are u guys comparing them in HS or are they comparing how that'd be in the NBA?

I think Wagner tops out at 20-25 AST% while Flagg can be more like Simmons in the 30-35 AST%.

I'm also saying that Flagg is ahead of Wagner at the same time.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#229 » by mattao313 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:31 pm

Colbinii wrote:
mattao313 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

I think Wagner tops out at 20-25 AST% while Flagg can be more like Simmons in the 30-35 AST%.

I'm also saying that Flagg is ahead of Wagner at the same time.
OK I feel you. I don't see him being that's as I'm not really sold on his ball handling or overall scoring to give him those passing opportunities.

Championships
clyde21
RealGM

Post#230 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:21 pm

The-Stallion70 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:

?

did you not read the rest of my post?

also what similarities to Franz and Coop hold other than they are both tall and white? and you want talk about lazy?
The-Stallion70
Rookie

Post#231 » by The-Stallion70 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:55 pm

clyde21 wrote:
The-Stallion70 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

?

did you not read the rest of my post?

also what similarities to Franz and Coop hold other than they are both tall and white? and you want talk about lazy?

I did and you never named another comp idiot
clyde21
RealGM

Post#232 » by clyde21 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:12 am

legit sometimes i wonder why i even hop on this board anymore
wegotthabeet
Veteran

Post#233 » by wegotthabeet » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:22 am

The-Stallion70 wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:

Is he like Luka?

Let's hear your comp then. Any lazy poster can sit there and say they don't like them something about another post.

Hahaha. You’re comparisons are lazy. You just picked the two best white guys to come into the league recently. That’s just pure laziness.
The-Stallion70
Rookie

Post#234 » by The-Stallion70 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:37 pm

wegotthabeet wrote:
The-Stallion70 wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:

Hahaha. You’re comparisons are lazy. You just picked the two best white guys to come into the league recently. That’s just pure laziness.

So your comp for Cooper Flagg is Lebron? Lebron mfkn James the possible GOAT? Thats the only name youve given.

That's even lazier and obviously not good.

You have no comp for him then. Thank you fir proving my point. Anyone can sit there and tear down someone else's idea but can you come up with your own?
wegotthabeet
Veteran

Post#235 » by wegotthabeet » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:17 pm

The-Stallion70 wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:
The-Stallion70 wrote:

So your comp for Cooper Flagg is Lebron? Lebron mfkn James the possible GOAT? Thats the only name youve given.

That's even lazier and obviously not good.

You have no comp for him then. Thank you fir proving my point. Anyone can sit there and tear down someone else's idea but can you come up with your own?

you might want to read the thread. it was another poster who made that comparison. nice try though.
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie
And1: 841

Post#236 » by FarBeyondDriven » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:09 am

It's really difficult to come up with a comparison for Flagg because there really hasn't ever been a prospect quite like him. 6'9" that can run the offense, pass, shoot but is also a potential all-nba defender while having high BBIQ? So the best you can do is use someone that shares some of his traits and subtract or add from there. Like, Banchero with elite defense. Bird with better defense and athleticism but worse shooting and passing. Lebron with better defense but less athleticism. Flagg really is one of one. The very first of his kind imo.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,747

Post#237 » by KembaWalker » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:39 am

another Cade with more hype cause white
clyde21
RealGM

Post#238 » by clyde21 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:02 am

KembaWalker wrote:another Cade with more hype cause white

?
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,988

Post#239 » by zimpy27 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:32 am

Somewhere between Kawhi and Draymond Green on both ends..

Green and Kawi scored a lot more in college than when they started in NBA. Kawhi developed a bag better than Cooper will but I think Cooper will have the playmaking closer to Green. You could run your offense through Flagg and he can be the cornerstone of your defense. I'm expecting a combo of Kawhi and Green.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,091
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#240 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:54 am

I don’t think he’s a primary ballhandler and playmaker at the NBA level. I would think most teams can find a more explosive and electric guard that you’d rather have initiate, but I do like that his game doesn’t really have holes either. He can create for himself and others, he can play off the ball, and his defense is just amazing. His speed/leaping isn’tnin that Giannis/AD tier for 6’10ish guys, but his fluidity and overall mobility is just so smooth and coordinated, it’s going to translate super well I think.

I think AK47 is the clearest defensive comparison for sure. Not sure offensively. Ben is faster and more explosive in the open floor, but I think Cooper just has more weapons and aggression to score.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to NBA Draft