Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

The-Stallion70
Rookie
And1: 388

Re: Cooper Flagg - HS 

Post#241 » by The-Stallion70 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:22 pm

KembaWalker wrote:another Cade with more hype cause white

He's clearly better than Cade man, he is an elite athlete by NBA standards. His shot and form are better, he's got a nice high arc and high follow through on his shot.

Cade is big for a guard but an average NBA athlete and not as good as a shooter.

Flagg is like Aaron Gordon athletically with clearly better offensive skills.
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,907

Post#242 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:29 pm

Cade and Cooper have a similarity in that they play the same sport but thats about it. Thats a truly 'pick a name out of a hat' type comparison. Not the same position, not the same profile, not the same anything really.

AG with a better offensive bag is a nice comp. AK47 a bit too (Albeit I still think thats a rough comparison b/c AK was a generationally twitchy guy for his size - and frankly while I dont like bringing race into it he may be the twitchiest white NBA athlete I have ever seen, followed by other quite rare guys like Birdman and Chet).
Charsace
Pro Prospect
And1: 45

Post#243 » by Charsace » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:13 pm

Reminds of 3rd year Paul George.
TravisScott55
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,833

Post#244 » by TravisScott55 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 9:08 pm

Next Evan Mobley.
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Post#245 » by CptCrunch » Thu Feb 8, 2024 9:44 pm

TravisScott55 wrote:Next Evan Mobley.

Flagg is actually a lot like like Mobley; not the worst player comp.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,244

Post#246 » by SNPA » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:04 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:I don’t think he’s a primary ballhandler and playmaker at the NBA level. I would think most teams can find a more explosive and electric guard that you’d rather have initiate, but I do like that his game doesn’t really have holes either. He can create for himself and others, he can play off the ball, and his defense is just amazing. His speed/leaping isn’tnin that Giannis/AD tier for 6’10ish guys, but his fluidity and overall mobility is just so smooth and coordinated, it’s going to translate super well I think.

I think AK47 is the clearest defensive comparison for sure. Not sure offensively. Ben is faster and more explosive in the open floor, but I think Cooper just has more weapons and aggression to score.

AK47 on D. Odom on O.

???

That combo is a clear HOF player type.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,501

Post#247 » by JustBuzzin » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:48 pm

Charsace wrote:Reminds of 3rd year Paul George.

No way!

Chandler Parsons 2.0 with more athleticism. 8-)
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Post#248 » by SeattleJazzFan » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:00 pm

crazy that cade was mentioned as a comp for Flagg. this board is amazing sometimes.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,446

Post#249 » by Big J » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 pm

Very similar to Paul George. He's gonna be a star obviously, but he doesn't have the same savviness and awareness that Luka had at that age. I would't put him on Luka or Wemby's level though. More of a Vince/TMac/PG13 type.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#250 » by JustBuzzin » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:39 pm

Big J wrote:Very similar to Paul George. He's gonna be a star obviously, but he doesn't have the same savviness and awareness that Luka had at that age. I would't put him on Luka or Wemby's level though. More of a Vince/TMac/PG13 type.

No idea why you even put him on the VC/Tmac level he's not that kind of player imo.

I think he's Ak47 with a more developed offensive game. I don't see him being a top 5 scorer in this league, he seems more of a all-around threat. I think he can top out with 22/8/8 at his peak.
Big J
General Manager

Post#251 » by Big J » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:43 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Big J wrote:Very similar to Paul George. He's gonna be a star obviously, but he doesn't have the same savviness and awareness that Luka had at that age. I would't put him on Luka or Wemby's level though. More of a Vince/TMac/PG13 type.

No idea why you even put him on the VC/Tmac level he's not that kind of player imo.

I think he's Ak47 with a more developed offensive game. I don't see him being a top 5 scorer in this league, he seems more of a all-around threat. I think he can top out with 22/8/8 at his peak.

He's definitely gonna score more than 22 per game at his peak. It's too damn easy to score in the league now, and whoever drafts him is most likely going to be a bad team that lets him do whatever he wants.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#252 » by JustBuzzin » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:47 pm

Big J wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:

He's definitely gonna score more than 22 per game at his peak. It's too damn easy to score in the league now, and whoever drafts him is most likely going to be a bad team that lets him do whatever he wants.
Tmac and VC though?

Those guys were elite scorers for multiple years. Hell Tmac is in the conversation for best scorer of all time. I just don't see that kind of talent with Flagg.
Big J
General Manager

Post#253 » by Big J » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:50 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Big J wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:No idea why you even put him on the VC/Tmac level he's not that kind of player imo.

Tmac and VC though?

Those guys were elite scorers for multiple years. Hell Tmac is in the conversation for best scorer of all time. I just don't see that kind of talent with Flagg.

Yea, I think he could be close to those guys at his peak. Look at Jaylen Brown, he averaged 26 per game last year and he wasn't even the best scorer on his own team. Zach Lavine & Brad Beal averaged a 30 burger a piece. Scoring is way easier now than when TMac & Vince played.

I actually don't think his defense is going to translate as well to the next level. Him blocking a bunch of 5-10 high school dudes looks cool on highlight films, but he's not going to be doing that in the NBA.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#254 » by JustBuzzin » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:56 pm

Big J wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
Big J wrote:
Tmac and VC though?

Yea, I think he could be close to those guys at his peak. Look at Jaylen Brown, he averaged 26 per game last year and he wasn't even the best scorer on his own team. Zach Lavine & Brad Beal averaged a 30 burger a piece. Scoring is way easier now than when TMac & Vince played.

I actually don't think his defense is going to translate as well to the next level. Him blocking a bunch of 5-10 high school dudes looks cool on highlight films, but he's not going to be doing that in the NBA.
Well when you put it that way you kind of have a point. Those guys aren't really that great yet they averaged 30.

You probably made me change my mind after that post lol
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,801

Post#255 » by greg4012 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:09 pm

Andre Iguodala with some added height
Charsace
Pro Prospect
And1: 45

Post#256 » by Charsace » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:18 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:

Flagg looks more like Paul George or at least he models his game after George. This is why Flagg reminds me of year 3 George. Just a do everything, 2 way swiss army knife player that will be push the tempo and look for big finishes around the basket. Hopefully his handle comes a long like George's did.
Big J
General Manager

Post#257 » by Big J » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:33 pm

greg4012 wrote:Andre Iguodala with some added height

Not even remotely close to Iggy defensively. Iggy had better functional wiry strong athleticism. Flagg has more of the Chase Budinger/Pat Connaughton high jumping showy athleticism.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,776

Post#258 » by Upperclass » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:39 pm

Flagg looks like Phoenix Amare imo
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,801

Post#259 » by greg4012 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:47 pm

Big J wrote:

Not even remotely close to Iggy defensively. Iggy had better functional wiry strong athleticism. Flagg has more of the Chase Budinger/Pat Connaughton high jumping showy athleticism.

You love it?
Big J
General Manager

Post#260 » by Big J » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:55 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Big J wrote:

You love it?

I just think that Flagg’s offense is going to translate way better than his D at the next level. All of these highlight reels of him stuffing 5’10 white dudes isn’t gonna happen in the league.

Return to NBA Draft