Under the Radar Prospects

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 9,911

Re: Under the Radar Prospects 

Post#21 » by ___Rand___ » Wed Jan 3, 2024 11:56 pm

If they are that good why wouldn't they transfer to a bigger school where they get the attention?
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,035

Post#22 » by Colbinii » Thu Jan 4, 2024 1:46 am

___Rand___ wrote:If they are that good why wouldn't they transfer to a bigger school where they get the attention?

Who?

There are all sorts of reasons for players to transfer or not transfer.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
___Rand___
General Manager

Post#23 » by ___Rand___ » Thu Jan 4, 2024 1:47 am

Colbinii wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:If they are that good why wouldn't they transfer to a bigger school where they get the attention?

Who?

any and all of them.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#24 » by Colbinii » Thu Jan 4, 2024 1:52 am

___Rand___ wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Who?

any and all of them.

Johnell Davis -- Plays for the 17th ranked Florida Atlantic and if you remember, this team went 35-4 last year and went to the NCAA Final 4. So, they were a Top 4 team last year, why would he leave?

Darrion Williams -- He transferred from Nevada to Texas Tech. He is now in the Big 12.

Kel'el Ware -- He transferred from Oregon to Indiana and is now starting, playing 30 MPG and productive.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
___Rand___
General Manager

Post#25 » by ___Rand___ » Thu Jan 4, 2024 1:56 am

Colbinii wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
Who?

any and all of them.

Johnell Davis -- Plays for the 17th ranked Florida Atlantic and if you remember, this team went 35-4 last year and went to the NCAA Final 4. So, they were a Top 4 team last year, why would he leave?

Darrion Williams -- He transferred from Nevada to Texas Tech. He is now in the Big 12.

Kel'el Ware -- He transferred from Oregon to Indiana and is now starting, playing 30 MPG and productive.

Ok the rest should follow Darrion's example to better schools. Kelel Ware isn't under the radar there was excitement when he transferred. I did watch him last year he didn't make an impression. Will watch Indy later in season to check him out. Grant Nelson is another example. Transferred to Bama from North Dakota to get some attention.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,213

Post#26 » by clyde21 » Thu Jan 4, 2024 2:20 am

___Rand___ wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Who?

any and all of them.

confused at what your question is

sometimes they do sometimes they don't, Grant Nelson was at North Dakota St. last year and transferred to Alabama this year

but a lot of times if a player is successful and his school is a tournament school there is no real reason for them to transfer. they only transfer if they don't have enough eyes on them. but Johnell Davis school was in the tourney last season and will be in the tourney again this season.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#27 » by Colbinii » Thu Jan 4, 2024 2:42 am

___Rand___ wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
any and all of them.

Ok the rest should follow Darrion's example to better schools. Kelel Ware isn't under the radar there was excitement when he transferred. I did watch him last year he didn't make an impression. Will watch Indy later in season to check him out. Grant Nelson is another example. Transferred to Bama from North Dakota to get some attention.

RIght, so I am confused why you are asking. I listed 3 players, 2 players did transfer and one would be stupid to transfer.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,221

Post#28 » by EvanZ » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:39 am

Yeah that was a weird comment. Literally like a third of D1 transfers now. And then you have guys like Ja or Steph who get enough attention without needing to ever.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,187

Post#29 » by Notanoob » Fri Jan 5, 2024 6:57 pm

Tamin Lipsey, PG Iowa State. Bonkers steal rate, elite assist rate and assist to turnover rate, capable driver and finisher, questionable shooter. Has the hallmarks of a late steal and fan favorite a la Gary Payton II or Jose Alverado - come off the bench and be an absolute menace on defense, and has a little potential to be okay on offense, or at the very least stay out of the way and not cause issues.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#30 » by EvanZ » Fri Jan 5, 2024 7:15 pm

Notanoob wrote:Tamin Lipsey, PG Iowa State. Bonkers steal rate, elite assist rate and assist to turnover rate, capable driver and finisher, questionable shooter. Has the hallmarks of a late steal and fan favorite a la Gary Payton II or Jose Alverado - come off the bench and be an absolute menace on defense, and has a little potential to be okay on offense, or at the very least stay out of the way and not cause issues.

He definitely shouldn’t be under anyone’s radar!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,778

Post#31 » by ReginaldDwight » Sat Jan 6, 2024 5:45 pm

I have season tickets for my Horizon League school, havent seen anyone with NBA talent yet this year. Ive seen Pepper a few times and hes a nice college player but not sure if his shot is good enough to crack the league.
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,238

Post#32 » by LewisnotMiller » Mon Jan 8, 2024 3:11 am

On the international under the radar prospects, I'd suggest Lachlan Olbrich, from the Illawarra Hawks.

He was Big West freshman of the year in his one year of college, and has been looking better and better this season in the NBL (Australian league).

Has been making some winning plays of late, just seems like a baller.
Stands a touch over 6'9", big man prospect, so slightly awkward at that height (he's more of a 4).
But he has good passing and can move his feet. He's only averaging around 4ppg 4 rpg, so he certainly qualifies as under the radar, but he's looked increasingly comfortable and impressive to me. Might be a handy draft and stash with a late second rounder, or just someone to keep an eye on for next year.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#33 » by EvanZ » Tue Jan 9, 2024 3:24 am

I don't see anyone talking about Owen Freeman. Why not?
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#34 » by DrCoach » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:49 am

Chris Ledlum - St. Johns
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#35 » by EvanZ » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:10 am

DrCoach wrote:Chris Ledlum - St. Johns

Do you ever post about anyone other than Chris Ledlum? Like man we all know you’re either his dad or his best friend.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#36 » by DrCoach » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:10 pm

EvanZ wrote:

Do you ever post about anyone other than Chris Ledlum? Like man we all know you’re either his dad or his best friend.

Believe in quality over quantity, thanks for noticing
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,584

Post#37 » by MemphisX » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:09 pm

clyde21 wrote:Adama Bal

mentioned him the last two years when he was at Arizona but never really got the minutes to put together anything but he transferred to Santa Clara this year and is playing well, 6-6 wing who projects as a solid shooter, still waiting to see on the D part.

don't think 1st round is a possibility for him (older than J-Will and Podz, and not as athletic) but might be a nice 2nd round flyer.

I think he is going to be 20 on draft night which is a year younger than Williams and the same age as Podz. I like him as a 3rd wing type with some upside to be a 3&D starter.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,213

Post#38 » by clyde21 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:14 pm

MemphisX wrote:

mentioned him the last two years when he was at Arizona but never really got the minutes to put together anything but he transferred to Santa Clara this year and is playing well, 6-6 wing who projects as a solid shooter, still waiting to see on the D part.

don't think 1st round is a possibility for him (older than J-Will and Podz, and not as athletic) but might be a nice 2nd round flyer.

I think he is going to be 20 on draft night which is a year younger than Williams and the same age as Podz. I like him as a 3rd wing type with some upside to be a 3&D starter.

are you sure of the date? Thought he was older.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,584

Post#39 » by MemphisX » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:21 pm

clyde21 wrote:
MemphisX wrote:

are you sure of the date? Thought he was older.

12/18/2003. Just turned 20.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,389

Post#40 » by SeattleJazzFan » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:43 pm

the step up in competition has been too much for the poor guy.

Return to NBA Draft