Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,221

Re: Kwame Evans Jr 

Post#21 » by EvanZ » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:39 pm

Colbinii wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Also need to account for Oregon zone that can inflate steals.

96th in the Country in Steals and 216th in Blocks.

This same defense ranked 215th in Steals last year, 140th in 2022 and 88th in 2021.

It could be inflation, but I don't think it is.

2 more games since you were last a dick and he is still > 4 APG. Definitely no Josh Minott!

I see 1.8 APG. Unless we're talking about two different APG lol
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,041

Post#22 » by Colbinii » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:58 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Also need to account for Oregon zone that can inflate steals.

96th in the Country in Steals and 216th in Blocks.

This same defense ranked 215th in Steals last year, 140th in 2022 and 88th in 2021.

It could be inflation, but I don't think it is.

2 more games since you were last a dick and he is still > 4 APG. Definitely no Josh Minott!

I see 1.8 APG. Unless we're talking about two different APG lol

Per 100**
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#23 » by EvanZ » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:58 pm

Sounds like you now agree he's a playmaker. Glad to hear it.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,214

Post#24 » by clyde21 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:52 am

KJ is probably top 5 for me at this point
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#25 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:22 pm

Pretty darn impressive game against USC.

His 3PT% isnt great but that 80% FT on decent volume bodes well for him developing a nice shot in time. All at a legit 6'9 IMO. Passing is there, above average athlete w/ great STOCK #'s (1.3 BPG, 2 SPG). Advanced metrics meet the eye test re defense.

No clue why he isnt being touted as a Top-10 guy.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,200

Post#26 » by Hal14 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:50 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:Pretty darn impressive game against USC.

His 3PT% isnt great but that 80% FT on decent volume bodes well for him developing a nice shot in time. All at a legit 6'9 IMO. Passing is there, above average athlete w/ great STOCK #'s (1.3 BPG, 2 SPG). Advanced metrics meet the eye test re defense.

He was listed at 6'10" by most sites prior to Oregon. So yeah, he's definitely at least 6'9"..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#27 » by EvanZ » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:54 pm

I’m not sure why it takes people so long to see the obvious

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#28 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:33 pm

Hal14 wrote:

He was listed at 6'10" by most sites prior to Oregon. So yeah, he's definitely at least 6'9"..

Ya so a legit 6'9 with the movement skills and handle / passing of a SF - assuming that 3PT% catches up with his FT% your looking at a pretty ideal SF - that size in the 6'8-6'9 range is in SUCH high demand.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#29 » by EvanZ » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:43 pm

Without YouTube Spinella, Hal had Kwame as a mid second rounder. I guess he’s feeling the loss.

MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,585

Post#30 » by MemphisX » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:46 am

There are some pretty good complimentary big wings in this draft.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 932

Post#31 » by FarBeyondDriven » Mon Jan 1, 2024 9:55 am

He's a little stiff and upright. He'll make for a decent role player. I think he could be a Harrison Barnes type in the NBA. He was clearly shorter than Adem Bona and Bona is 6'9". Should be taken in the back 1/3 of the first round

edit - I was being generous :lol:
EvanZ
RealGM

Kwame Evans Jr 

Post#32 » by EvanZ » Mon Jan 1, 2024 5:02 pm

FarBeyondDriven wrote:He's a little stiff and upright. He'll make for a decent role player. I think he could be a Harrison Barnes type in the NBA. He was clearly shorter than Adem Bona and Bona is 6'9". Should be taken in the back 1/3 of the first round

Bona is listed everywhere at 6’10”. Fortunately there’s no need to speculate on measurements starting this cycle.

EvanZ
RealGM

Post#33 » by EvanZ » Mon Jan 1, 2024 5:25 pm

There ain’t 20 players in this draft more interesting than Kwame Evans lol. I mean if you get Harrison Barnes with a top 5 pick in this class you did great.

EvanZ
RealGM

Post#34 » by EvanZ » Tue Jan 2, 2024 12:34 am

Actually have a feeling there aren’t 5 players

FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer

Post#35 » by FarBeyondDriven » Tue Jan 2, 2024 12:50 am

you do realize there's an edit function so when you vomit up awful thoughts every 20 minutes you can just put them all in that one post?

Anyone with eyes and a brain knows these schools embellish heights. Good thing Bona's already been "officially" measured in at 6'8.25" at last year's combine

https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/combine-anthro?SeasonYear=2023-24

not a good day for bad takes on here. You guys are in rare form
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#36 » by EvanZ » Tue Jan 2, 2024 1:03 am

In the old days you’d add 1.5” and call that 6’10”. Regardless we’ll see what Evans ends up at the combine. Either way your take that he’s not top 20 in this draft is going to be the foolish take come June.

Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,041

Post#37 » by Colbinii » Tue Jan 2, 2024 1:17 am

Yup, he is keeping up with his tenacious defense.

There are 3 freshman ever with a 4% STL% and 5% BLK%, Kwame Evans Jr being one of them with 4.5% and 6.2% respectively.

Here are some notable freshman with >3% STL% and 5% BLK%. Keep in mind there are only 25 such players in NCAA History.

Zion Williamson
OG Anunoby
Andre Roberson
Josh Minott
Tari Eason
JT Toppin
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer

Post#38 » by FarBeyondDriven » Tue Jan 2, 2024 12:44 pm

EvanZ wrote:In the old days you’d add 1.5” and call that 6’10”. Regardless we’ll see what Evans ends up at the combine. Either way your take that he’s not top 20 in this draft is going to be the foolish take come June.

you act as if not being a top 20 pick is a death sentence. Remember, I don't think this is a weak draft class like y'all. So being taken in the 20s isn't that bad. Still early enough to change my mind. I'm just not sure I'm taking him over guys I feel should be in that 15-20 range like Tyler Smith, Bona, McCain, Mgbako, Ndongo, Missi, Dillingham, Sheppard, Ware, Almansa, etc, at the moment and for sure don't see him as a lottery talent.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,200

Post#39 » by Hal14 » Wed Jan 3, 2024 9:19 pm

EvanZ wrote:There ain’t 20 players in this draft more interesting than Kwame Evans lol. I mean if you get Harrison Barnes with a top 5 pick in this class you did great.

Such lazy analysis.

"He's not really like Harrison Barnes. Player comps are a lazy way of doing draft analysis. Prospects are so unique and have so much nuance to them, which is ignored by player comps. But if you squint, Evans (who was a big man in HS and EYBL) is *kind of* like Barnes, a wing in the NBA so that makes him a top 5 pick.

Like, what?
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#40 » by EvanZ » Wed Jan 3, 2024 11:11 pm

Hal14 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:There ain’t 20 players in this draft more interesting than Kwame Evans lol. I mean if you get Harrison Barnes with a top 5 pick in this class you did great.

Such lazy analysis.

"He's not really like Harrison Barnes. Player comps are a lazy way of doing draft analysis. Prospects are so unique and have so much nuance to them, which is ignored by player comps. But if you squint, Evans (who was a big man in HS and EYBL) is *kind of* like Barnes, a wing in the NBA so that makes him a top 5 pick.

Like, what?

What the hell are you on about? This is incoherent. Barnes wasn't my comp for him. But if someone (FarBeyondDriven in this case) is going to say Barnes isn't worth a top 5 pick in this draft, which is what I was responding to, their logic is dumb.

Return to NBA Draft