Kwame Evans Jr

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,031

Re: Kwame Evans Jr 

Post#41 » by Colbinii » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:46 pm

EvanZ wrote:Sounds like you now agree he's a playmaker. Glad to hear it.

Doesn't look like that 4:1 AST:TO Ratio held up, but the STL%/BLK% sure did.

Currently at 4:3 AST:TO, still impressive but not as much as the 4:1 in the small sample size [which I pointed out!].

I like him in the Lottery. All the higher-end offensive guys just...have so many question marks about them.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,221

Post#42 » by EvanZ » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:37 pm

Colbinii wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Sounds like you now agree he's a playmaker. Glad to hear it.

Doesn't look like that 4:1 AST:TO Ratio held up, but the STL%/BLK% sure did.

Currently at 4:3 AST:TO, still impressive but not as much as the 4:1 in the small sample size [which I pointed out!].

I like him in the Lottery. All the higher-end offensive guys just...have so many question marks about them.

I mentioned 4:1 at the beginning of the thread, but that wasn't the stat I expected to remain high because turnovers are prone to high variance.

But if you look he is still averaging > 4 AST per 100 possessions. So that has been stable and was the stat I think of as "playmaking".

He's a very good shot blocker, but keep in mind he had 6 blocks against Kent St. :lol:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,031

Post#43 » by Colbinii » Tue Jan 9, 2024 8:06 pm

tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,221

Post#44 » by EvanZ » Tue Jan 9, 2024 8:44 pm

Similar stats. One thing I'd say Kwame has much higher 3pt volume which is a good indicator. Couldn't really take Minott seriously as a shooter. I think there's at least some potential with Kwame. Kwame seems bigger too, but less athletic. To be fair, I did like Minott quite a bit. Think I had him late first or early second.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,284

Post#45 » by SNPA » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:35 am

Why is this guy a second rounder in mocks?

I’d be happy if Sac took him at 13.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 11,614

Post#46 » by Chuck Everett » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:03 am

SNPA wrote:Why is this guy a second rounder in mocks?

He's a project. He probably wouldn't be ready to help the Kings until season two. He didn't show enough to be a lotto guy IMO.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
SNPA
General Manager

Post#47 » by SNPA » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:17 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:
SNPA wrote:Why is this guy a second rounder in mocks?

He's a project. He probably wouldn't be ready to help the Kings until season two. He didn't show enough to be a lotto guy IMO.

Monte would not take him because of age and readiness. But that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t take him. This guy can shoot, move his feet and gets stocks and has upside and good size for the PF spot. What’s not to like here?
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 911

Post#48 » by FarBeyondDriven » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:22 pm

clyde21 wrote:KJ is probably top 5 for me at this point

yikes. From top 5 to being forced to return. Lots of bad takes from my opps in this thread so you're not alone. There's levels to this. I guess this class isn't too shabby if a clear 1st round talent like Evans would rather take the NIL money over risk getting taken in the 2nd.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#49 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:35 pm

FarBeyondDriven wrote:

yikes. From top 5 to being forced to return. Lots of bad takes from my opps in this thread so you're not alone. There's levels to this. I guess this class isn't too shabby if a clear 1st round talent like Evans would rather take the NIL money over risk getting taken in the 2nd.

See making the draft board about having opponents is why this is the most toxic board on all of RealGM.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,213

Post#50 » by clyde21 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:51 pm

FarBeyondDriven wrote:

it was post from the beginning of the season, and guess what, things change over the course of the season...that's why I said "at this point".

this board is full of fkn losers man
SNPA
General Manager

Post#51 » by SNPA » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:45 pm

FarBeyondDriven wrote:

So he pulled out this year? That sucks. He has the classic hallmarks of being a player than returns next year and has catapulted up boards. This year was the buy low opportunity.
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer

Post#52 » by FarBeyondDriven » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:52 pm

SNPA wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:

So he pulled out this year? That sucks. He has the classic hallmarks of being a player than returns next year and has catapulted up boards. This year was the buy low opportunity.

there's a lot of first round talents that will fall into the 2nd round if everyone that declares stays in. It's a deep class. imo he was in that group of players that could fall anywhere from #20-40 along with guys like Mgbako, Ndongo, Scheierman, Bona, Ighodaro, da Silva, McCullar, Dunn, Ajinca, Kolek, Perrin, Dadiet, Watkins, Klintman, Edwards, Holmes, Nunez, Mitchell, Almansa, Bridges, Jones, etc. Any of these guys could end up falling to the 2nd and if you view yourself as a first rounder and believe you can improve it makes sense to return especially with NIL being what it is. I think he'll be faced with the same tough decision next season. He'll need to improve quite a bit to become a first round lock but I wouldn't be surprised if he does.
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer

Post#53 » by FarBeyondDriven » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:59 pm

clyde21 wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:

it was post from the beginning of the season, and guess what, things change over the course of the season...that's why I said "at this point".

this board is full of fkn losers man

swearing and insulting people because you have thin skin is certain to make your bad takes go away. It was the end of December. Literally just a few months ago and they had already played 12 games at that point btw
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer

Post#54 » by FarBeyondDriven » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:02 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:

See making the draft board about having opponents is why this is the most toxic board on all of RealGM.

100% agree. I wish they weren't like this. I noticed you had nothing to say when he essentially called me an F'ing loser. Odd. Chiding people for bad takes, which is what I did, is rampant (and expected) and should be all in good fun. Toxicity rears its ugly head when insults start getting thrown around unabated and guys gang up on others which has happened to me and numerous people. I'm not seeing where you've ever chimed in when that has occurred. If people are going to act like opps towards certain posters and you're silent about it, or partake, why cry when they stick up for themselves or return the favor?

This is how others talk down to people they disagree with in this thread

"It's convenient for you to be that reductive"

"I guess people don't watch with their eyes anymore."

"Anybody thinking these guys can't be Lottery picks are just burying their heads in the sand."

"Shouldn’t you do better analytics if that’s all you’re doing? Just a thought."

"I just don't think you're that "good" with analytics if you think 20 minutes per game is not significantly different from a kid who plays 30+ minutes. But you do you."

"2 more games since you were last a dick"

'Without YouTube Spinella, Hal had Kwame as a mid second rounder. I guess he’s feeling the loss"

"Either way your take that he’s not top 20 in this draft is going to be the foolish take come June."

"Such lazy analysis."

"What the hell are you on about? This is incoherent. Barnes wasn't my comp for him. But if someone (FarBeyondDriven in this case) is going to say Barnes isn't worth a top 5 pick in this draft, which is what I was responding to, their logic is dumb.'

This is how you people talk to each other :lol: You're brutal. But why is it now multiple times that people are pointing out MY behavior when posts like the above are littered throughout this very thread and all over this board? If I view these people that talk to me in this way my opps it's deserved. They've earned it ten-fold.
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,389

Post#55 » by SeattleJazzFan » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:24 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:

this is undoubtedly true, but the funny thing is, in order to have a board so toxic, almost everybody on the board contributes to the toxicity.

despite the fact every single person would claim they don't contribute to it, 90% of you all absolutely do. fact is there are a ton of **** on this board. just the way it is.

Return to NBA Draft