PJ Hall

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Duke4life831, Marcus

HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 833

PJ Hall 

Post#1 » by HadAnEffectHere » Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:27 am

PF with back to back years of 40% from three, starting to block shots this year, 16.1 BPM this year, 21 PPG this year.

...... Yeah, he's really old (turning 22 soon) and he's had foot and knee injuries and his rebounding numbers aren't amazing... But this draft is awful and he's maybe the 2nd best player in college basketball and his archetype isn't... horrible... Probably ends up mid first round if he keeps up these numbers?
tester551
Assistant Coach
And1: 842

Re: PJ Hall 

Post#2 » by tester551 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:37 am

HadAnEffectHere wrote:PF with back to back years of 40% from three, starting to block shots this year, 16.1 BPM this year, 21 PPG this year.

...... Yeah, he's really old (turning 22 soon) and he's had foot and knee injuries and his rebounding numbers aren't amazing... But this draft is awful and he's maybe the 2nd best player in college basketball and his archetype isn't... horrible... Probably ends up mid first round if he keeps up these numbers?

He should go mid-first.
Im hoping my team picks him up in the second
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,132

Post#3 » by Colbinii » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:17 am

He has the perfect college game--huge, blocks shots, dominates the post and can pop. I don't see a lot of translatable skill to the NBA though and he is far too slow to defend elite athleticism.

I'd be shocked if he is picked in the 1st round and would be disappointed if my team spent on a 2nd on him vs a higher upside guy.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,588

Post#4 » by MemphisX » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:31 am

Not a NBA player IMO. Or one worth taking with a 1st.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,231

Post#5 » by EvanZ » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:31 pm

6'10" shooters who can pass tend to find a way. Seems like he's putting his entire game together. Only a year older than Ndongo! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,366

Post#6 » by CptCrunch » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:54 pm

I found this cat the other day scanning Reed Shepp's BPM numbers.

Good size for his skillset.
> At G League Elite Camp, Hall stood 6’8.25” with a 7’1.5” wingspan and a 9’0” standing reach.

Hall chooses to finish weak but with finesse much like Zion Williamson. His layups are like Zion in style. But on some plays, he can jumpm high enough. Based on some sketchy Youtube video analysis of his head reaching maybe 6 inches below rim, I guess he has a running vert in the low 30" range.

Hall's (BLK + STL) / TOV ratio is elite this year, but was meh in his first 3 years. He can pass the ball with good flick passes on the perimeter.

Assuming BJ finishes the season strong against ACC conference play, I would take him 20-30 this year. He would be a much better prospect if he was a strong rebounder for a PF or was a much lighter player to play wing. He doesn't rebound well for his size, and he might be too slow for the NBA at SF. Maybe a 60 percentile outcome of Kelly Olynyk?

Return to NBA Draft