Hansen Yang

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Re: Hansen Yang 

Post#21 » by CptCrunch » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 pm

Well Hansen needs to declare before April 27. I would take him at end of lotto. No additional scouting needed uncondtionally.

Interestingly Hansen is his Chinese name. It just happens to be a name in English of Nordic origins.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,533

Post#22 » by zzaj » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 pm

He looks a bit deliberate out there and not that incredibly quick, but at least against that level of comp it doesn't really matter. I love his high post passing. Pretty incredible court awareness for a big that age.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#23 » by clyde21 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 pm

He's not eligible for the 24 class, btw, due to contract issues...if he's a prospect it won't be until 25
pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 386

Post#24 » by pad300 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:41 pm

@Clyde, can you provide a link or more details about the contract issues? If it's just there is no out in his C(hinese)BA contract, could he be drafted and euro(china) stashed? It might make very good sense for him to enter this (weaker) draft if that is the case...
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Post#25 » by CptCrunch » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:16 pm

pad300 wrote:@Clyde, can you provide a link or more details about the contract issues? If it's just there is no out in his C(hinese)BA contract, could he be drafted and euro(china) stashed? It might make very good sense for him to enter this (weaker) draft if that is the case...

Making it up; there is no source on Chinese internet on this contract info. Any foreign contract does not affect his eligiblity. Hansen is eligible to enter the draft his year. A team can select his right, and this is independent from his ability to sign a NBA contract.

His Chinese name is: 杨瀚森

Let me reiterate, a player's NBA contract eligiblity is entirely separate from his draft rights.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,299

Post#26 » by babyjax13 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:30 am

I am wondering if he has asthma or if it is just lack of conditioning because of his size + age but he seems to get worn out rather quickly and just spends a significant amount of time with his hands on his knees & falling out of plays on both ends because of it. Has nice post moves and is a good passer, his shot looks like it could develop a bit. Lateral mobility is okay when he's not winded, but bad when he is. I like him in the mid to early second and if you told me a team watched way more film than me an he went late first I wouldn't be shocked.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to NBA Draft