Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,156

Re: Zaccharie Risacher 

Post#41 » by Hal14 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:22 pm

FarBeyondDriven wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:What about Tay Prince as a comp? But a higher volume 3PT guy without quite the mantis' like body profile.

Maybe.

Prince had a much better handle though. The way he could lead the break, run PnR, handle the ball, initiate actions, he was kind of like a point forward - in the mold of Lamar Odom. Risacher could get there but has a ways to go.

Offensively he's just a spot up shooter, good cutter, can finish in transition and sometimes attack closeouts, has some connective passing. Idk about a comp but he projects as a solid off ball wing with good size..and since he's still so young there's potential to develop more creation ability.

Normally he'd go a little bit lower but I'm fine taking him at 5 in this draft..

no he didn't. And he was 22 y/o when drafted. He did nothing that Risacher isn't already capable of.

Don't say "no he didn't" like it's a fact. It's not a fact. It's your opinion. And I expressed my opinion.

Constantly using this type of tone and making it seem like your opinion is always right and the other person is always wrong is why no one here wants to engage with you.

Stop replying to my posts - I already have you on the ignore list.

Bringing up Prince's age when drafted is not relevant to what I posted. I was talking about Prince as an NBA player. Heck, even when he was at Kentucky he was an excellent ball handler who handled the ball out on the perimeter a lot, initiated actions a lot, brought the ball up the floor a lot. And he was 22 when he was drafted because that's the era that he played in - he was before the 1 & done era. Back then guys typically played 4 years.

Based on your posts, you sound like a kid who's too young to have actually watched Prince in college to even know what he played like.

Risacher is only 18, so obviously there's a chance he develops more and becomes the on-ball threat that Prince or Lamar Odom were. But that is by no means a given. As of now, he's pretty much exclusively an off ball threat, like Jabari Smith was at Auburn, like Michael Porter Jr is and like Klay Thompson is..and there's nothing wrong with that - I was just pointing out the difference between Risacher and Prince - no need to get on your high horse and find some small thing to argue about to try and belittle another poster and make it seem like you know more than them.

Lastly, Prince not only had way more off the dribble skills but he also had a 7'2" wingspan, compared to just 6'10.5" for Risacher so that also shows why it's not the greatest comp..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#42 » by mattao313 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:49 pm

Really like this guy I think this draft has some nice big body wing players that a lot of people are underrating as these guys are super sought after in the NBA. A 6"8 wing that can shoot and D up decently well is at least a 100mil guy.

Sent from my SM-A528B using RealGM mobile app
Championships
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,325

Post#43 » by Mr Peanut » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:24 am

For what it's worth he is the new number 1 prospect on the ESPN draft rankings. His play has been really strong over the past month, continuing to shoot over 45% from 3 on a good volume and being a strong and versatile defender.
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie
And1: 841

Post#44 » by FarBeyondDriven » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:16 am

Hal14 wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:
Hal14 wrote:Maybe.

Prince had a much better handle though. The way he could lead the break, run PnR, handle the ball, initiate actions, he was kind of like a point forward - in the mold of Lamar Odom. Risacher could get there but has a ways to go.

Offensively he's just a spot up shooter, good cutter, can finish in transition and sometimes attack closeouts, has some connective passing. Idk about a comp but he projects as a solid off ball wing with good size..and since he's still so young there's potential to develop more creation ability.

Normally he'd go a little bit lower but I'm fine taking him at 5 in this draft..

no he didn't. And he was 22 y/o when drafted. He did nothing that Risacher isn't already capable of.

Don't say "no he didn't" like it's a fact. It's not a fact. It's your opinion. And I expressed my opinion.

Constantly using this type of tone and making it seem like your opinion is always right and the other person is always wrong is why no one here wants to engage with you.

Stop replying to my posts - I already have you on the ignore list.

Bringing up Prince's age when drafted is not relevant to what I posted. I was talking about Prince as an NBA player. Heck, even when he was at Kentucky he was an excellent ball handler who handled the ball out on the perimeter a lot, initiated actions a lot, brought the ball up the floor a lot. And he was 22 when he was drafted because that's the era that he played in - he was before the 1 & done era. Back then guys typically played 4 years.

Based on your posts, you sound like a kid who's too young to have actually watched Prince in college to even know what he played like.

Risacher is only 18, so obviously there's a chance he develops more and becomes the on-ball threat that Prince or Lamar Odom were. But that is by no means a given. As of now, he's pretty much exclusively an off ball threat, like Jabari Smith was at Auburn, like Michael Porter Jr is and like Klay Thompson is..and there's nothing wrong with that - I was just pointing out the difference between Risacher and Prince - no need to get on your high horse and find some small thing to argue about to try and belittle another poster and make it seem like you know more than them.

Lastly, Prince not only had way more off the dribble skills but he also had a 7'2" wingspan, compared to just 6'10.5" for Risacher so that also shows why it's not the greatest comp..

If I'm on your ignore list why are you replying to me? bro, you've got serious issues. Let me break it down for you. If you state your opinion that Prince had a much better handle. That's an opinion. Not fact. You're free to do so. But I'm also free to disagree. That's how this works. Me disagreeing and saying "no he didn't" is also offered as an opinion, not fact. Why this is deemed me "sounding like a child" is beyond me. This is how debate and discussions work. First time?

This is now multiple times you've gotten triggered over a simple interaction on a message board. You okay? Aren't you the one that was complaining about me being combative and childish? Yet here you are acting this way? Name-calling and freaking out over a simple disagreement. Get a grip man.

As far as Risarcher, he's already showing the ability to initiate the offense and create off the dribble for himself and others. He's far ahead of Prince as a prospect and has a better handle at 18 y/o than Prince did coming out. He should not be pigeon-holed into an off-ball archetype as a result.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,500

Post#45 » by JustBuzzin » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:42 am

Risacher has passed Williams.

Watching Williams tonight he has shown nothing that tells me he is the #1 pick.

1-4 shooting with 10 minutes remaining.

Risacher looks like a plug n play wing his shooting makes him have a higher upside than Williams imo.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,571

Post#46 » by 76ciology » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:45 am

I have Risacher at the top of my mock draft. He has the highest points per 36 compared to Topic, Sheppard, Jakobe Walter, and Cody Williams.

He has zero questions about his shooting, three-point attempt rate (3PAR), and free throw rate (FTR). Additionally, he possesses very good passing ability. His downside is his turnovers.

So, the current ranking is:
1. Risacher
2. Sheppard
3. Topic
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#47 » by King Ken » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:52 am

I still don't love his upside but his floor is massively high. He's the only starter I see in this class for next year and helping you win.

This class has tremendous upside but they are kinda far away. Reminds me of the Giannis class.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#48 » by JMAC3 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:12 pm

I have Risacher top tier comp as Mikal Bridges, mid tier comp as Trey Murphy, low tier as Cam Reddish
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,500

Post#49 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Mar 8, 2024 8:19 pm

Risacher is the safest pick in the draft imo. I think he will be a high end solid role player for years to come. Just a guy who can fit in any system and make the right play.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Post#50 » by The Moose » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:21 pm

If he's actually in contention for a top 3-5 pick I'm shorting his stock as much as possible
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,891

Post#51 » by Colbinii » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:05 pm

JMAC3 wrote:I have Risacher top tier comp as Mikal Bridges, mid tier comp as Trey Murphy, low tier as Cam Reddish

I think Trey Murphy ends up as a better NBA player than Mikal Bridges.

Trey's OBPM is already matching Mikal's peak OBPM.

Mikal's most impactful season happened when he was in an extremely limited offensive role--14.9% USG%, 8.8 AST%, 14.1 FGA/100

Trey, this season, is already posting 19% USG%, 10.2 AST% and 18.9 FGA/100

I feel like Jaden McDaniels is the missing piece between Mikal and Cam, but I feel Risacher is more offensive-slanted like Trey Murphy than he is to the defensive stalwart of Mikal Bridges.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Hal14
RealGM

Post#52 » by Hal14 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:30 pm

Mr Peanut wrote:For what it's worth he is the new number 1 prospect on the ESPN draft rankings.

That is worth basically nothing.

Mr Peanut wrote:His play has been really strong over the past month

It has? his last 2 games he's only averaging 4.5 PPG, 1.5 RPG and 0 APG.

Mr Peanut wrote:continuing to shoot over 45% from 3 on a good volume.

He's 0/5 from 3 over his last 2 games. 26% over his last 7 games. 25% from 3 over his last 10 games.

He's at 3.3 3PA/game on the season which is decent volume but not great.

And he's only at 70% FT on the season.

Was at just 2 3PA/game last season, shooting 30% from 3 last season and 70% FT.

Also, this season he has more turnovers than assists.

Mr Peanut wrote: and being a strong and versatile defender.

Idk about that. His defense has looked ok to me. Not terrible but not great.

In terms of defensive versatility, he gets abused fairly often when he has to switch onto a big and the big will get the ball inside and score pretty easily..and they don't seem to switch him onto quick guards very often but when they do, I've seen mixed results and that's being generous.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Hal14
RealGM

Post#53 » by Hal14 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:32 pm

Colbinii wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:I have Risacher top tier comp as Mikal Bridges, mid tier comp as Trey Murphy, low tier as Cam Reddish

Mikal's most impactful season happened when he was in an extremely limited offensive role--14.9% USG%, 8.8 AST%, 14.1 FGA/100

I feel like Jaden McDaniels is the missing piece between Mikal and Cam, but I feel Risacher is more offensive-slanted like Trey Murphy than he is to the defensive stalwart of Mikal Bridges.

Comparing Risacher to any of those players is unfair and is just setting him up for failure by placing expectations on him that are too lofty and unrealistic.
Hal14
RealGM

Post#54 » by Hal14 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:39 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:Risacher is the safest pick in the draft imo. I think he will be a high end solid role player for years to come. Just a guy who can fit in any system and make the right play.

So can Sam Hauser, Simone Fontecchio, Luke Kennard, both Bogdanovics, Duncan Robinson, Kevin Huerter and Corey Kispert but no one ever said to take them with the 1st pick in the draft.

And those guys had more than 1 season as a sample size of elite shooting..and shot more than 70% from the FT line..which gave you more confidence in projecting them as a really good shooter in the NBA.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#55 » by Colbinii » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:46 pm

Hal14 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Comparing Risacher to any of those players is unfair and is just setting him up for failure by placing expectations on him that are too lofty and unrealistic.

I agree.

I'm more talking stylistically. Risacher is long, shoots with ease and is smooth. That's Trey Murphy III.

Definitely possible Risacher flames out a la Davis Bertans and doesn't develop anything aside from a shot.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 713

Post#56 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:48 pm

Risacher is a lot worse at shooting than TM3.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#57 » by JMAC3 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 pm

Colbinii wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

I agree.

I'm more talking stylistically. Risacher is long, shoots with ease and is smooth. That's Trey Murphy III.

Definitely possible Risacher flames out a la Davis Bertans and doesn't develop anything aside from a shot.

Trey Murphy is averaging 14 ppg in his 3rd year, are we really expecting that to be too lofty for a potential #1 pick.?
Big Board
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#58 » by Colbinii » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:19 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
Hal14 wrote:Comparing Risacher to any of those players is unfair and is just setting him up for failure by placing expectations on him that are too lofty and unrealistic.

I agree.

Trey Murphy is averaging 14 ppg in his 3rd year, are we really expecting that to be too lofty for a potential #1 pick.?

Yeah, Trey Murphy is excellent. Ranks 45th in BPM, 39th in OBPM, 19% USG [FVV, Buddy Hield, Derreck White level of Usage] and scoring right at league efficient.

That's a very good starting caliber wing, an absurd 4.0 TOV% with Massive On-Court +/- and On/Off +/-

I would be surprised if anyone from this draft is as good as Trey Murphy III is in year 3. He ranks 4th in BPM & VORP from his draft class is the best shooter from his draft class.

Do you consider anyone from this draft class, 2024, to be the same level prospects as Cade/Mobley/Barnes or as good in the NBA by year 3 as Sengun/Wagner? I don't think I would for either of these questions. Trey Murphy III is right behind this group of 5 from the 2021 Draft class as an NBA Product.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#59 » by JMAC3 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:24 pm

Colbinii wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
I agree.

Yeah, Trey Murphy is excellent. Ranks 45th in BPM, 39th in OBPM, 19% USG [FVV, Buddy Hield, Derreck White level of Usage] and scoring right at league efficient.

That's a very good starting caliber wing, an absurd 4.0 TOV% with Massive On-Court +/- and On/Off +/-

I would be surprised if anyone from this draft is as good as Trey Murphy III is in year 3. He ranks 4th in BPM & VORP from his draft class is the best shooter from his draft class.

Do you consider anyone from this draft class, 2024, to be the same level prospects as Cade/Mobley/Barnes or as good in the NBA by year 3 as Sengun/Wagner? I don't think I would for either of these questions. Trey Murphy III is right behind this group of 5 from the 2021 Draft class as an NBA Product.

I would fully expect 3 of the first 5 picks to be better than Trey Murphy is right now by their 3rd year yes.

You are making the argument that Murphy is worth more than #1 overall pick in this class, which is wild to me.
Big Board
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#60 » by Colbinii » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:25 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

I would fully expect 3 of the first 5 picks to be better than Trey Murphy is right now by their 3rd year yes.

I would bet than 3 of the first 5 picks will not be eclipsing Murphy's metrics in BPM, +/-, On/Off or even Usage Rate [19%, alluded to earlier].

You are expecting 3/5 players to basically be Top 100 players by year 3. That's incredibly rare for a draft, especially one without a Zion/Wemby level prospect to almost assuredly produce 1 Top 100 player.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022

Return to NBA Draft