2025 NBA Draft Class

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

damedash09
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Re: 2025 NBA Draft Class 

Post#41 » by damedash09 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:11 am

Didn't see this coming- Coach Cal leaving Kentucky for Arkansas. Wonder how recruiting is going to look going forward..
crows2
Senior
And1: 561

Post#42 » by crows2 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:19 am

TheSuzerain wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:The Flagg-AK47 comparison isn't very good as Flagg has so so length as of now.

Flagg wingspan: 7'0" or 7'1"?
AK47 wingspan: 7'4"

Flagg really needs to grow a bit more before it's easy to project him as an elite NBA defender. 6'8" or 6'9" with a 7'0" or 7'1" wingspan is not size that suggests super high defensive upside.

Would greatly prefer he grow to like 6'10" with a 7'2" wingspan so he can play center and play so-so defense there while being an elite offensive player due to being able to shoot and dribble a bit.

Isaac wingspan is 7' no?

Does he have the elite defensive brain is the question.

I think Flagg has the best defensive brain we’ve seen in decades, which is what makes him such a great prospect.
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 892

Post#43 » by FarBeyondDriven » Mon Apr 8, 2024 6:36 am

damedash09 wrote:Didn't see this coming- Coach Cal leaving Kentucky for Arkansas. Wonder how recruiting is going to look going forward..

I saw it coming. He seemingly mailed it in years ago. He's been grumbling about lack of "support" in Kentucky for years. I'm actually surprised he lasted at Kentucky for as long as he did. His previous two college jobs lasted less than a decade each and I think he's just the kind of guy that gets restless.

I wonder which of his recruits, if any, will follow him. Don't be surprised if Arkansas becomes a powerhouse. There isn't a better recruiter and he'll be motivated to prove himself. I think he'll adapt and master the transfer portal and along with his elite recruitment will allow him to find better success. Quaintance is the key for Kentucky and Calipari. Whoever gets him will be just fine.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 11,451

Post#44 » by Chuck Everett » Mon Apr 8, 2024 6:58 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:
damedash09 wrote:Didn't see this coming- Coach Cal leaving Kentucky for Arkansas. Wonder how recruiting is going to look going forward..

I saw it coming. He seemingly mailed it in years ago. He's been grumbling about lack of "support" in Kentucky for years. I'm actually surprised he lasted at Kentucky for as long as he did. His previous two college jobs lasted less than a decade each and I think he's just the kind of guy that gets restless.

I wonder which of his recruits, if any, will follow him. Don't be surprised if Arkansas becomes a powerhouse. There isn't a better recruiter and he'll be motivated to prove himself. I think he'll adapt and master the transfer portal and along with his elite recruitment will allow him to find better success. Quaintance is the key for Kentucky and Calipari. Whoever gets him will be just fine.

When Cal left Memphis, he took his entire class (Wall, Bledsoe, Cousins) to Kentucky.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,315

Post#45 » by babyjax13 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:26 am

Wonder who Kentucky hires. I'd love to see them get a coach that has a modern offense. Nate Oates, Mark Few, etc.

Maybe Billy Donovan or a Pitino reunion? Chris Beard?

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
crows2
Senior
And1: 561

Post#46 » by crows2 » Tue Apr 9, 2024 5:04 am

crows2 wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:The Flagg-AK47 comparison isn't very good as Flagg has so so length as of now.

Flagg really needs to grow a bit more before it's easy to project him as an elite NBA defender. 6'8" or 6'9" with a 7'0" or 7'1" wingspan is not size that suggests super high defensive upside.

Would greatly prefer he grow to like 6'10" with a 7'2" wingspan so he can play center and play so-so defense there while being an elite offensive player due to being able to shoot and dribble a bit.

Isaac wingspan is 7' no?

I think Flagg has the best defensive brain we’ve seen in decades, which is what makes him such a great prospect.

6 blocks in the national championship game.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,883

Post#47 » by TheSuzerain » Tue Apr 9, 2024 5:15 am

crows2 wrote:
crows2 wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:Isaac wingspan is 7' no?

6 blocks in the national championship game.

I think it's a very difficult thing to project to the NBA.

Maybe he's got it, but there is essentially nothing he can do in HS that would make me confident he has it.

Will be an intriguing year at Duke though.
Bloodbather
Sophomore
And1: 387

Post#48 » by Bloodbather » Tue Apr 9, 2024 8:58 am

Draymond Green is 6'6" with a 7'1 wingspan. IQ and competitiveness go a long way defensively even if you just have decent size.
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 892

Post#49 » by FarBeyondDriven » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:39 am

updated measurements?

Read on Twitter
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,206

Post#50 » by clyde21 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:35 pm

if that's VJ's actual ws that sucks
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,269

Post#51 » by Catchall » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:46 am

Ace Bailey looks physically comparable to a young Andrew Wiggins, but he shows some more handle, shiftiness and confidence creating off the bounce than Wiggins did.

He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
clyde21
RealGM

Post#52 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:37 pm

Aaron Bradshaw to Ohio St
clyde21
RealGM

Post#53 » by clyde21 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:51 pm

clyde21 wrote:Aaron Bradshaw to Ohio St

some other transfers:

Kylan Boswell -> Illinois
Mark Mitchell -> Missouri
Kobe Johnson -> UCLA
Eric Dailey -> UCLA
Kanaan Carlyle -> Indiana
Malik Mack -> Georgetown
Tucker DeVries -> West Virginia
Cade Tyson -> North Carolina
clyde21
RealGM

Post#54 » by clyde21 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:11 pm

sounds like UCLA just didnt even bother recruiting any HS players this year and just went the transfer route, getting in Dailey, Kobe, Clark and Bilodeau lol

Skyy Clark / Dylan Andrews
Sebastian Mack / Lazar Stefanovic
Kobe Johnson / Berke Buyuktuncel
Eric Dailey Jr.
Aday Mara / Tyler Bilodeau
RyugaFan
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#55 » by RyugaFan » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:58 am

This is Skyy Clark's last chance to show anything. We'll see if any of those 10 transfers were worth it.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#56 » by clyde21 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:14 pm

RyugaFan wrote:This is Skyy Clark's last chance to show anything. We'll see if any of those 10 transfers were worth it.

it's like his 5th team in 5 years or something, dude has problems. bummer too because on the surface is he really strong traits.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#57 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:04 am

ive said this before but honestly the 2024 HS class doesn't look too appetizing of a crop either, even though the top 3-4 look a lot better than this year's but after that it's also a lot of mehhhhh.

Flagg/Ace/Harper are obvious studs, Gonzalez could be really good, but other than that nobody really stands out to me. JQ looks too short to be a legitimate NBA prospect for his position, Maluach is meh, Edgecombe/Johnson/Jackson are the usual combo guards types, etc.

hopefully top 3 don't flop otherwise it could be another brutal class.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 11,451

Post#58 » by Chuck Everett » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:19 am

clyde21 wrote:ive said this before but honestly the 2024 HS class doesn't look too appetizing of a crop either, even though the top 3-4 look a lot better than this year's but after that it's also a lot of mehhhhh.

Flagg/Ace/Harper are obvious studs, Gonzalez could be really good, but other than that nobody really stands out to me. JQ looks too short to be a legitimate NBA prospect for his position, Maluach is meh, Edgecombe/Johnson/Jackson are the usual combo guards types, etc.

JQ has to stay two years 'cause of his age. Maybe he still has some more growth in his game. He's still only 16.

I am intrigued to see Asa Newell in the SEC. He might end up having a Brandon Miller-like rise during the season. Georgia probably needs him to be a first or second team all-conference performer if they want to finish in the top half of the 16 team league. I don't like Maluach either. For all of his height, he plays like he has mechanical/labored athleticism, even though with his body you'd think he could leap out of the gym.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 752

Post#59 » by HadAnEffectHere » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:25 pm

Flagg's jumpshot is the main swing thing of this class.

It's... Very weird and awkward looking, but the release point is so high that's unblockable.

If it goes in, he has tons of offensive potential. If it does not go in, his potential is a lot more limited and he becomes closer to Herb Jones with a better handle.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,769

Post#60 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:12 pm

clyde21 wrote:ive said this before but honestly the 2024 HS class doesn't look too appetizing of a crop either, even though the top 3-4 look a lot better than this year's but after that it's also a lot of mehhhhh.

Yup should be more fun to talk about if the top 3 guys live up to the hype. But ya I agree after that its a steep fall off and looks like a similar draft to this current one. I wont lie, I was more hyped about VJ Edgecombe leading up to the last month or so. Because most places had him listed at 6'4-6'5 and I knew he didnt have long arms but I didnt think his length would be an issue.

Then those first measurements from the hoop summit came out, and I believe those measurements far more than the "updated" ones that came out a day later. I think some handlers and agents got on the phone and made some promises of future players not showing up, if they didnt "update" the measurements. There is a reason why the US players dont get measured there.

But ya Edgecombe's measurements of 6'3 with a 6'5 wingspan is rough. And then seeing him around all the other top guys in the class over the last few weeks with these games and practices. He definitely looks like a small guard. And because of that, he went from a guy I thought had some high level potential, to "oh another athletic small scoring guard".

Return to NBA Draft