2025 NBA Draft Class 

Post#1 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:54 pm

Read on Twitter

HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 737

Re: 2025 NBA Draft Class 

Post#2 » by HadAnEffectHere » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:34 pm

Ace Bailey shooting 90% from the line at 6'8"-6'9" with a lot of athleticism is ridiculous.

My question with Flagg is if he can grow enough to play center. He doesn't have superstar potential at PF, but I could see him being as good as Bubble Anthony Davis as a ceiling if he can get to 6'10" 245.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,677

Post#3 » by JustBuzzin » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:12 am

I know Flagg is the talk of the town and deservingly so, but Ace Bailey is freakishly scary with that athleticism. If he can develop a jumpshot he can be scary good moving forward.
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 5,979

Post#4 » by BigGargamel » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:20 pm

Just here to remind all that 365 days ago Givony mocked Bronny James #10 overall, even though he was ESPN's #20 ranked freshmen. That guy should be embarrassed, but the Mouse took his soul so he no longer feels shame.
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,135

Post#5 » by NYPiston » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:53 pm

It amazes me that Rutgers landed two elite recruits. The Harper connection I get but Bailey kind of came out of nowhere.
Nice to see multiple top recruits choose a non-blueblood for a change.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#6 » by King Ken » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:00 pm

NYPiston wrote:It amazes me that Rutgers landed two elite recruits. The Harper connection I get but Bailey kind of came out of nowhere.

How did they get Ace Bailey for starters?
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie
And1: 854

Post#7 » by FarBeyondDriven » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:40 pm

It's way too early for me to begin really diving into the 2025 draft class. Historically I wait until after the current season's draft happens so I know who will be returning and by then we'll also know where everyone has chosen to go play including transfers. I do find it hilarious that draft class strength is determined so far out by the blowhards on drafting sites and it's no coincidence that because there are two "consensus" top guys they claim it's a stronger draft class than 2024. It's lazy but predictable.

I'll remind people that these people, and those that follow them and parrot them on here, have been wrong about most draft classes and prospects year in and year out except for the obvious outlier years. You'd think people would stop valuing their opinions but nope. Group think continues unabated. If you read through this forum and look back at mocks and big boards from this time last year, most had Justin Edwards at the top. Mara was up there too. Nobody had heard of or considered Carrington, Yang, Knecht, Smith, George, Furphy, Sheppard, Watkins, Ndongo and Missi (all first round talents btw) when making their mock drafts. And despite these players joining the talent pool they had considered when doing their mocks/boards, these same talking heads haven't budged on their 2024 class opinions. Like, how do you add ten first round talents to the pool you used to determine this class' strengths and not admit the class is stronger than you originally thought? People just refuse to admit when they're wrong.

Just a cursory glance at 2025 shows the obvious guys at the top. But I'm not seeing anything too impressive after the top 5 or so, similar to the 2023 class. But this is still super early and it's a very uneducated take. It did seem like only months ago people were saying how weak the 2025 class was so it's kinda weird how the narrative has already shifted considerably despite having so little new information. No kidding, I think this is happening because they are using it to bolster their take that the 2024 class is weak as a comparison. "see guys!! the potential 2024 first rounders would be second rounders in 2025!!" It's just so transparent
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,201

Post#8 » by clyde21 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:44 pm

It's a stronger HS class coming into the NCAA that's pretty indisputable but still not even that strong of a class overall. the last HS class was historically weak.
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie

Post#9 » by FarBeyondDriven » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:29 am

clyde21 wrote:It's a stronger HS class coming into the NCAA that's pretty indisputable but still not even that strong of a class overall. the last HS class was historically weak.

H.S. class does look stronger at first glance but it's not hyperbolically "indisputable" in the slightest though. The 2025 international class doesn't look nearly as strong. Again, not sure what the difference is whether the 18 y/o is a H.S. freshmen vs. international. Talent is talent. It all evened out re the 2024 class.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#10 » by clyde21 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:59 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:
clyde21 wrote:It's a stronger HS class coming into the NCAA that's pretty indisputable but still not even that strong of a class overall. the last HS class was historically weak.

H.S. class does look stronger at first glance but it's not hyperbolically "indisputable" in the slightest though. The 2025 international class doesn't look nearly as strong. Again, not sure what the difference is whether the 18 y/o is a H.S. freshmen vs. international. Talent is talent. It all evened out re the 2024 class.

i didn't mention anything about the international class, I am just talking about the HS class. you're so busy trying to get offended you didn't even bother reading.

the 2023 HS class was terrible. again it's indisputable. you might disagree but like 99% of people who follow the HS basketball understood it as not only terrible but historically bad. I'd take Coop, Harper and Ace ahead of anyone in the 2023 HS class at this point, at least.

this 24 class also isn't necessarily that strong really after the top 3 but just having those 3 is a differentiator on its own.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#11 » by clyde21 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:06 am

next year's international class does look bad tho but international classes are very hit and miss. i'm not even convinced this year's international class is all that good tbh.

we'll see what happens with guys like Huge Gonzalez and Egor Demin they have some potential if they continue to progress but I wouldnt even comment on the international class next year until at least like Aug/Sept.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,677

Post#12 » by JustBuzzin » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:14 am

NYPiston wrote:It amazes me that Rutgers landed two elite recruits. The Harper connection I get but Bailey kind of came out of nowhere.

NIL money. 8-)
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie

Post#13 » by FarBeyondDriven » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:06 am

clyde21 wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:

i didn't mention anything about the international class, I am just talking about the HS class. you're so busy trying to get offended you didn't even bother reading.

the 2023 HS class was terrible. again it's indisputable. you might disagree but like 99% of people who follow the HS basketball understood it as not only terrible but historically bad. I'd take Coop, Harper and Ace ahead of anyone in the 2023 HS class at this point, at least.

this 24 class also isn't necessarily that strong really after the top 3 but just having those 3 is a differentiator on its own.

relax. What does it matter if you mentioned the international class?. My remark had nothing to do with whether you did or not. Talk about dying to be offended lmao.

My point in bringing up the international class is that the supposed lack of H.S. talent is offset by the international prospects. It shouldn't matter where that talent comes from. You arbitrarily decide that just because the H.S. class is supposedly weak than the class as a whole is too. If there's 20 high level OAD prospects every year it doesn't matter if they were playing H.S. in the U.S. or if they come from overseas. There's still 20 of them. You're just deciding that it does to fit your narrative.

You clearly don't know what indisputable means btw. If it's "indisputable" because "99% of people who follow the HS basketball" say so, people like you, and the talking heads that get it wrong every year, then color me unimpressed. Why would I give af what these people think?

These same yahoos had Edwards and Wagner near the top of this class. These same yahoos gave Carrington, Dillingham, Furphy, Missi, Sheppard, and Stojakovic 4 stars lmao. And Powers, Cadeau, Booker, Billiew and Holloway 5 stars. None of these people's opinions should matter to anyone. The fact that you reference these people does nothing but hurts your cause.
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie

Post#14 » by FarBeyondDriven » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:29 am

clyde21 wrote:next year's international class does look bad tho but international classes are very hit and miss. i'm not even convinced this year's international class is all that good tbh.

we'll see what happens with guys like Huge Gonzalez and Egor Demin they have some potential if they continue to progress but I wouldnt even comment on the international class next year until at least like Aug/Sept.

of course you're not. That would require you to admit you're wrong about this draft class because to do the research and come to the conclusion that it's a great international class would destroy the narrative that it's a bad draft class. You made up your mind about that a year ago before you saw any of these kids play a minute of college basketball. This international class is "indisputably" one of the best in NBA history. Am I doing that right?

International players taken in the first round in previous drafts:

2020 = 3 (Hayes, Avdija, Poku)

2021 = 3 (Sengun, Garuba, Aldama)

2022 = 3 (Sochan, Dieng, Jovic)

2023 = 2 (Wembanyama, Coulibaly)

Potential international top 40 picks. There might be a half dozen taken in the lottery!

Sarr
Risacher
Salaun
Topic
Yang
Missi
Furphy
Ivisic
Bona
Klintman
Ajinca
Ndongo
Chomche
Dadiet
Mitchell
clyde21
RealGM

Post#15 » by clyde21 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:04 pm

FarBeyondDriven wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:

relax. What does it matter if you mentioned the international class?. My remark had nothing to do with whether you did or not. Talk about dying to be offended lmao.

My point in bringing up the international class is that the supposed lack of H.S. talent is offset by the international prospects. It shouldn't matter where that talent comes from. You arbitrarily decide that just because the H.S. class is supposedly weak than the class as a whole is too. If there's 20 high level OAD prospects every year it doesn't matter if they were playing H.S. in the U.S. or if they come from overseas. There's still 20 of them. You're just deciding that it does to fit your narrative.

You clearly don't know what indisputable means btw. If it's "indisputable" because "99% of people who follow the HS basketball" say so, people like you, and the talking heads that get it wrong every year, then color me unimpressed. Why would I give af what these people think?

These same yahoos had Edwards and Wagner near the top of this class. These same yahoos gave Carrington, Dillingham, Furphy, Missi, Sheppard, and Stojakovic 4 stars lmao. And Powers, Cadeau, Booker, Billiew and Holloway 5 stars. None of these people's opinions should matter to anyone. The fact that you reference these people does nothing but hurts your cause.

it's indisputable that the 2023 HS class was historically weak, by the vast majority of people that followed this sport at that level, by the majority of ranking services, by the majority of analysts and by the majority of draft twitter and by the majority of people here.

quite frankly im getting tired of having to deal with your **** every thread every time I mention something about the 2023 class. we know you think its great, get the **** out of my mentions idc.
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie

Post#16 » by FarBeyondDriven » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:47 am

clyde21 wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

it's indisputable that the 2023 HS class was historically weak, by the vast majority of people that followed this sport at that level, by the majority of ranking services, by the majority of analysts and by the majority of draft twitter and by the majority of people here.

quite frankly im getting tired of having to deal with your **** every thread every time I mention something about the 2023 class. we know you think its great, get the **** out of my mentions idc.

classic Clyde. Fails to address anything in my post and gets triggered because he has to defend his opinions. Sorry bro, this is a message board. People express their opinions and open themselves up to be challenged. I'm not going to refrain from doing so because you can't defend your takes. You keep using "indisputable" incorrectly. I'm literally disputing it making your use of the term laughable.

Again, the "vast majority of people that followed this sport at that level" means nothing to me. They're all hacks. They are wrong every single year starting with their star rankings while in H.S. on through their mocks and Big Boards. You keep referencing these people as if it strengthens your argument when in reality it weakens it. Besides being inept they're often biased or corrupt. Where was their knowledge and expertise when it came to all of the players I mentioned they didn't have on their Big Boards and mocks? When their Big Boards are exposed years later nobody challenges them and they remain in these esteemed positions as arbiters of NBA drafts.

They decided the 2024 class was weak over a year ago. Since then double digit guys have established themselves as first round talents, joining that initial talent pool they used and considered when coming up with their "historically weak draft". This is new information. The talent pool was dramatically increased. If they were people anyone should pay attention to they should alter their takes but they haven't. This shouldn't be controversial. This "majority" and their parrots seem incapable of admitting they're wrong despite new information. I shouldn't be the only one on here challenges this garbage.

If you can't engage in civil discourse with me without getting triggered just ignore me?
crows2
Senior
And1: 561

Post#17 » by crows2 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:18 pm

Maluach is going to Duke. An idiotic decision, frankly. Who advises these kids?
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,719

Post#18 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:53 pm

The Flagg/Maluach defensive duo should be fun to watch
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 11,262

Post#19 » by Chuck Everett » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:58 pm

crows2 wrote:Maluach is going to Duke. An idiotic decision, frankly. Who advises these kids?

Scheyer don't give a damn. :D He will recruit over everyone.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
clyde21
RealGM

Post#20 » by clyde21 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 2:57 am

crows2 wrote:Maluach is going to Duke. An idiotic decision, frankly. Who advises these kids?

to be fair if Flip declares, and he will, Duke next year won't have any true centers other than Maluach and Ngogba who will be another FS. they'll probably get a vet big thru portal but it shouldn't get in the way of Maluach getting mins if he's the real deal.

not as big of a **** show as we saw this year, where you had like 6 players essentially at the same position, where Mgbako had to transfer and Power/Stewart are rotting on the bench.

Return to NBA Draft