Which 24' draft prospects have the most fiery passion, tenacity, grit, leadership attributes?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,512

Which 24' draft prospects have the most fiery passion, tenacity, grit, leadership attributes? 

Post#1 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:55 pm

Alot of discussion is always made about draft prospects that possess elite athleticism, size, strength, outlier skillsets, etc. But I'm curious as to everyone's thoughts on the lesser discussed prospect attributes in which prospects may have that "it factor" not based soley on athleticism, size, length, speed, power, etc. But those with the leadership qualities, the toughness (intestinal fortitude), grit, fiery passion, killer instinct, confidence, poise, basically that relentless never quit, always pushing tenacity that sometimes can swing games based on that type of attitude and effort to not be denied!

Luka Doncic has shown this type of passion,attitude, FIGHT!!! as well as numerous others. Could there be prospects throughout this draft that have this kind of relentless mentality, intense passion, fire, toughness, killer mentality (mamba mentality)??? What names come to mind that embody these attributes? Even into the 2nd round or lesser known prospects? :dontknow:
FrodoBaggins
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,208

Re: Which 24' draft prospects have the most fiery passion, tenacity, grit, leadership attributes? 

Post#2 » by FrodoBaggins » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:29 pm

Zach Edey has great character and led Purdue honorably over the last two seasons. Came to the sport late and has continued to improve each year. Assumed a colossal burden, and endured intense fouling, doubles, triples, heightened heckling, and criticism due to his size. But never complained.

He's a winner. His character, leadership, and intangibles are strong.
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 5,979

Re: Which 24' draft prospects have the most fiery passion, tenacity, grit, leadership attributes? 

Post#3 » by BigGargamel » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:26 pm

Zach Edey
Reed Sheppard
Dalton Knecht
Matas Buzelis
Kyle Filipowski
Donovan Clingan
Johnny Furphy

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,302

Post#4 » by babyjax13 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:48 pm

I think this is hard to evaluate, I immediately think "who are the most elite and physical defenders," so guys like Matthew Cleveland and Ryan Dunn come to mind, but I don't know if they are really the leaders of their respective teams. Part of this is off court, and we don't get to see how leadership translates there.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#5 » by King Ken » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:22 pm

Zach Edey
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,512

Post#6 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:56 am

Yeah! I agree with most of these as great examples. I first thought of prospects like Reed Sheppard, Zach Edey, Cam Spencer, Tyler Kolek (low key), Maybe Dillon Jones, definitely Jamal Shead, Tamin Lipsey and probably a few other names that I'm missing??? :dontknow:
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,472

Post#7 » by Pattycakes » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:23 am

My dark horse guy who I’m also looking for my Blazers to covet is Ron Holland.

Hustles, is well spoken, wanted more of a pro experience than distractions of a college campus.

I think he’ll be fine as a pro.
Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,706

Post#9 » by Yallbecrazy » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:36 pm

SeattleJazzFan wrote:Castle.

What? The thread was clearly asking about the top white prospects.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#10 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:42 pm

Pattycakes wrote:My dark horse guy who I’m also looking for my Blazers to covet is Ron Holland.

Hustles, is well spoken, wanted more of a pro experience than distractions of a college campus.

I think he’ll be fine as a pro.

I am wary on his size. I really thing he is going to measure closer to SG size than SF size. And that kills his stock for me.

I just see alot of shades of RHJ.
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#11 » by SeattleJazzFan » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:58 am

Yallbecrazy wrote:
SeattleJazzFan wrote:Castle.

What? The thread was clearly asking about the top white prospects.

true. apologies.
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 737

Post#12 » by HadAnEffectHere » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:10 pm

Buzelis and Collier are like the only players that don't come across as passionate.

Just moping and complaining and constantly not playing hard.

Return to NBA Draft