Austin Freeman

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Duke4life831, Marcus

jhl212
Junior
And1: 0

Austin Freeman 

Post#1 » by jhl212 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:03 pm

Just wanted to throw some kudos to JonG for the write up on Austin Freeman. You guys nailed it, but he is a kid that people should be looking out for in the next couple years. I expect him to be the primary scorer on Georgetown next year, and to really start putting up the numbers to go along with his skill level. We'll be debating whether he can be a high level NBA 2 guard on this board for a while. His skill level is great, but he's probably closer to 6'3'' and not a top level athlete (much more explosive than he looks however). What Austin does have is ice water running through his veins and a scorer's instinct.

His strength and width - he's just a big, solidly built kid - help make up for his lack of height.

Anyway, he's a fun one to watch. Just looking at the stats, he doesn't neccesarily jump out at you.
go'stags
Sixth Man
And1: 29

Post#2 » by go'stags » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:50 pm

He also has a very high basketball IQ. He just understands how to play the game. Not surprising as he went to DeMatha and now Georgetown, 2 schools that demand you know what your doing.

And trust me, he doesn't lack explosiveness. Id say hes about 6'4 as well, and he has the potential to grow some more.

The one thing Im not sure about is his quickness on the defensive end, in terms of lateral movement. If he can improve that, he will be dynamite.
LyricalRico wrote:
Speaking of giant penises, what's up with Bobby Simmons?.
go'stags
Sixth Man
And1: 29

Post#3 » by go'stags » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:00 pm

Ok I just read the draftexpress article. It was very good, and I agree with most of it.

The one thing that I see differently is his jumper off the dribble. He is VERY adept at that. It was his bread and butter in high school and AAU.
LyricalRico wrote:

Speaking of giant penises, what's up with Bobby Simmons?.

Return to NBA Draft