Who are the best athletic SF's that can shoot?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

marik1234xx
Senior
And1: 0

Who are the best athletic SF's that can shoot? 

Post#1 » by marik1234xx » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:16 am

That will be entering the draft this year.

I'm a Knicks fan but I know a coupla people who are also Lakers fans and I like them too so I was wondering who are some SF's that would be available in the 18-24's that are athletic and can shoot? Like have 3pt range...a good J basically. And just have good athleticism...like the potential to become decent to good defenders in the NBA at the 3.

I'm assuming Chris Douglas-Roberts will most likely be gone by the 20th pick right?
Knicks!
bigballa3jj
Bench Warmer
And1: 183

Post#2 » by bigballa3jj » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:22 am

CDR is a 2 not a 3, and at 6'6 185-ish he probably will be guarding 2's. and no he should still be there by #20

if your a knicks fan and want an athletic 3 who can shoot, look no further than Donte Greene from Syracuse, he'll be a top 10 pick and depending on how the lottery plays out, you might have a great chance to get him

as far as the 18-24 range, tyler smith, earl clark, davon jefferson, and maybe brandon rush but he's more of a 2. unfortunately, besides rush, they are all known for their athleticism, not their jumpshot
marik1234xx
Senior

Post#3 » by marik1234xx » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:29 am

I see, and yea I knew about the Top 5 already. You thought right...I want the Knicks to get Donte Green so badly. If they get a Top 2 pick though I hope they take Beasley or Mayo, if they don't please take Donte Greene right away. IMO he has the most potential than anyone else we can take because of his combination of size, speed and athleticism, he has the potential to revolutionize his position and change the game. Hibbert would probably be my pick at #4.

And I just looked up Brandon Rush's stats, he's a beast. Do you think he'll still be there through 18-24? I can see some NBA teams playing him at the 3. He has a crazy jumpshot from what I saw.
Knicks!
bigballa3jj
Bench Warmer
And1: 183

Post#4 » by bigballa3jj » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:21 pm

marik1234xx wrote:I see, and yea I knew about the Top 5 already. You thought right...I want the Knicks to get Donte Green so badly. If they get a Top 2 pick though I hope they take Beasley or Mayo, if they don't please take Donte Greene right away. IMO he has the most potential than anyone else we can take because of his combination of size, speed and athleticism, he has the potential to revolutionize his position and change the game. Hibbert would probably be my pick at #4.

And I just looked up Brandon Rush's stats, he's a beast. Do you think he'll still be there through 18-24? I can see some NBA teams playing him at the 3. He has a crazy jumpshot from what I saw.

well both nbadraft.net and draftexpress have rush going #29, so right now theres a good chance he'll be available IMO
WillC
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#5 » by WillC » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:24 pm

Bill Walker's jump shot is inconsistent but could be good one day if he gets the right coaching. And you won't find a better athlete than him at any position.

He could go anywhere from about #12 to late 1st round, in my opinion.

As mentioned already, Davon Jefferson (who is quite similar to Bill Walker) is another option.

In terms of athletic small forwards who already have a good jump shot, Brandon Rush is definitely your best bet in the range of picks you're talking about.
WillC
Rookie

Post#6 » by WillC » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:26 pm

Chase Budinger would also be a great choice, but he should be a lottery pick whenever he declares.
$*DIPSET BOI*$
Senior
And1: 1

Post#7 » by $*DIPSET BOI*$ » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:57 pm

bigballa3jj wrote:CDR is a 2 not a 3, and at 6'6 185-ish he probably will be guarding 2's. and no he should still be there by #20

if your a knicks fan and want an athletic 3 who can shoot, look no further than Donte Greene from Syracuse, he'll be a top 10 pick and depending on how the lottery plays out, you might have a great chance to get him

as far as the 18-24 range, tyler smith, earl clark, davon jefferson, and maybe brandon rush but he's more of a 2. unfortunately, besides rush, they are all known for their athleticism, not their jumpshot
Brandon Rush is a 3 and Earl Clark can't shoot.
WillC
Rookie

Post#8 » by WillC » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:20 pm

He admitted that Clark (and most of the others he mentioned) aren't known for their jump shot.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#9 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Feb 1, 2008 5:10 pm

keep an eye out on Damion James of Texas.
ss-wiish!
Senior

Post#10 » by ss-wiish! » Sat Feb 2, 2008 12:07 pm

WillC wrote:Chase Budinger would also be a great choice, but he should be a lottery pick whenever he declares.

:nod:

Return to NBA Draft