Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Genjuro
Sixth Man
And1: 220

Re: Brandon Jennings' Euroleague Season Completed 

Post#21 » by Genjuro » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:07 am

talkbasket wrote:
Genjuro wrote:
Toxicity wrote:Lottomatica Roma also needs to put this failed expensive experiment behind them... honestly Jennings had like zero impact on almost all the games.

Wasn't Jennings making something like 300,000 euros? I don't think that's particularly expensive. It's a rotation player's salary for a team like Roma, what you would expect someone like Jennings to earn.

I'm pretty sure he was making something like $1.2 million net per year.

He signed $1.2 million in salary AND endorsments. That's reported by American media, so I'm assuming they are talking about gross money. So that's easily translated into 300,000 net euros.

And I do have a link: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/24/sport ... cruit.html
KWSN-Men
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#22 » by KWSN-Men » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:08 am

He was making that much from his team, the endorsements you refer to are separate. He made that PLUS "endorsements", you are confusing one group of endorsements with another group. Bodiroga said more than once was making about a million from the team (salary and endorsements from the team). He made another $2 million from endorsements unrelated to the team.

And 1.2 million net dollars is way more than 300k euros net anyway.
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#23 » by Hendrix » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:49 am

He's making 300k a year from the club.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#24 » by KWSN-Men » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:53 am

Hendrix wrote:He's making 300k a year from the club.

No he's not.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story ... id=3715746

Anxious for closure, he signed a three-year, $1.65 million deal with Virtus Roma in July.

Now remember in Europe that is a net contract, taxes and agent's fees are paid by the club.

$1.65 million net = €1.28 million net = €426,667 per year net

On top of that, he's making a lot more in endorsements than people think:

http://www.interbasket.net/news/490/200 ... ess-debut/

2 million dollar endorsement deal with Under Armour.

So he's making about €427,000 euros net per year contract from his team plus a $2 million gross shoe contract. Anyway, he's making less than I thought, but certainly more than 300,000 euros.
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#25 » by Hendrix » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:59 am

talkbasket wrote:....

I'm poretty sure everybody knows he's making more from underarmour on top of his teams contract.

Also you used this site when arguing Rubio's salary. Why not use it when we're talking about Jennings? And it says $300k on that site.

talkbasket wrote:http://www.in-the-game.org/?page_id=1322

Ricky Rubio 300.000 300.000 300.000
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#26 » by KWSN-Men » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:51 am

Hendrix wrote:
talkbasket wrote:....

I'm poretty sure everybody knows he's making more from underarmour on top of his teams contract.

Also you used this site when arguing Rubio's salary. Why not use it when we're talking about Jennings? And it says $300k on that site.

talkbasket wrote:http://www.in-the-game.org/?page_id=1322

Ricky Rubio 300.000 300.000 300.000

ESPN says the salary for Jennings is 427K euros, so I think I am going with that one over some guy with an attitude on this forum.
Genjuro
Sixth Man
And1: 220

Post#27 » by Genjuro » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:15 pm

talkbasket wrote:

No he's not.

Anxious for closure, he signed a three-year, $1.65 million deal with Virtus Roma in July.

Now remember in Europe that is a net contract, taxes and agent's fees are paid by the club.

Man, your laughable. Always talking like you knew something and making a fool of yourself. You said a couple of messages before that he was making 1.2 million dollars net per year from the team, and now you do look like a fool. Like with the Rubio stuff. You have less credibility than a monkey.

Now, probably when the contract was signed, those dollars equalled to something around 350,000 euros. I don't know if the contract is signed in dollars or euros (probably dollars). I don't even know if ESPN uses net amounts or gross amounts. The only thing I know is that you don't know it either.
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#28 » by KWSN-Men » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:54 pm

Genjuro wrote:
talkbasket wrote:

No he's not.

Man, your laughable. Always talking like you knew something and making a fool of yourself. You said a couple of messages before that he was making 1.2 million dollars net per year from the team, and now you do look like a fool. Like with the Rubio stuff. You have less credibility than a monkey.

Now, probably when the contract was signed, those dollars equalled to something around 350,000 euros. I don't know if the contract is signed in dollars or euros (probably dollars). I don't even know if ESPN uses net amounts or gross amounts. The only thing I know is that you don't know it either.

What a nice post this is. Keep up the good "contributions". And he doesn't get paid in euros, he gets paid the amount equal to dollars in every check $1.65 million DOLLARS net per 3 years. Just like Childress gets paid in dollars, not euros.
SSUBluesman
Assistant Coach
And1: 783

Post#29 » by SSUBluesman » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:00 am

I'd say it was a positive experience. He sped up his development by a year as a professional player adjusting to a different role in a different league (a role in a league that was against his strengths, BTW). He demonstrated a commitment that had to be on the minds of people who questioned it given things such as his playing style, his overseas trip as a possible stunt, etc.

I still can't believe people act as if he should have dominated the league, that he has ego issues, etc. I question just exactly how much thought people put into such things.
Naz Reid.
JonathanG
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#30 » by JonathanG » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:17 pm

Jennings is making 300k Euros net. Regarding the "three-year, $1.65 million deal" -- if he stays for two more years then his contract escalates next season and the season after (which is normal, especially for young players). The reason he signed a long-term deal is so Rome could get the 500k buyout from the NBA, which essentially means that Jennings played for them for free this year (or close to it). They also didn't have to pay an agent fee, according to what Sonny Vaccaro told me.
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#31 » by KWSN-Men » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:24 pm

JonathanG wrote:Jennings is making 300k Euros net. Regarding the "three-year, $1.65 million deal" -- if he stays for two more years then his contract escalates next season and the season after (which is normal, especially for young players). The reason he signed a long-term deal is so Rome could get the 500k buyout from the NBA, which essentially means that Jennings played for them for free this year (or close to it). They also didn't have to pay an agent fee, according to what Sonny Vaccaro told me.

Thank you for clarifying. It still doesn't count some endorsements from his team though.

Jonathan, can you answer my question here please:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=890263
JonathanG
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#32 » by JonathanG » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:22 pm

"doesn't count some endorsements from his team though"

I'm not sure you understand what an endorsement is. Teams don't give them to players. They come from companies like Nike, Adidas, Mcdonald's, etc, looking for marketing.

Regarding Bouroussis, we've been talking about him for years now. See his DraftExpress profile. The holdup was always his contract. There is a lot of NBA interest in him right now and I'm sure he'll be signed by someone this summer.
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#33 » by KWSN-Men » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:30 pm

JonathanG wrote:"doesn't count some endorsements from his team though"

I'm not sure you understand what an endorsement is. Teams don't give them to players. They come from companies like Nike, Adidas, Mcdonald's, etc, looking for marketing.

Regarding Bouroussis, we've been talking about him for years now. See his DraftExpress profile. The holdup was always his contract. There is a lot of NBA interest in him right now and I'm sure he'll be signed by someone this summer.

I know exactly what an endorsement is. Boykins gets part of his team's sponsorship partnerships. I thought I heard Bodiroga say that Jennings got a little from Roma's sponsorship partners as well.

On Bourousis that makes since. I cannot believe someone with that potential is not in the NBA.
sorokii
Junior
And1: 32

Post#34 » by sorokii » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:11 am

I think the experience has been only good for him in personal terms. Now he probably is more mature than before. Basketball? IMO he went to a team with more pressure than he would have needed.
da da da da daaaaaa...
Malinhion
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#35 » by Malinhion » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:25 pm

I actually don't think those are bad numbers for a 19-year-old kid playing his first year pro with an overseas club. Especially with no college experience.

Is there any footage?
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#36 » by KWSN-Men » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:44 pm

Malinhion wrote:I actually don't think those are bad numbers for a 19-year-old kid playing his first year pro with an overseas club. Especially with no college experience.

Is there any footage?

He was a below average backup. But yeah for a 19 year old that's definitely good at that level.

Return to NBA Draft