Curry Vs Jennings

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Loclown
Bench Warmer
And1: 12

Curry Vs Jennings 

Post#1 » by Loclown » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:06 pm

So months ago, I posted here that if I were an NBA GM, I would take Curry over Jennings. I think Curry is what he is, but at least you know. Jennings may end up being nothing.
I got killed here. People were all over me for being stupid.
Now ESPN has Curry 1 pick ahead of Jennings at 8.
Do we still feel Jennings will be taken well ahead of Curry?
Who else thinks they could draft better than all Chicago teams?
Zeitgeister
General Manager
And1: 5,850

Re: Curry Vs Jennings 

Post#2 » by Zeitgeister » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:15 pm

Jennings will probably go ahead of Curry after the combine and individual workouts. It's hard to say for sure though, because some team will be enamored with what he did in college and take a chance on Curry. It's hard for me to judge Jennings game because I just haven't seen enough of him but Curry is definitely a good pick in the 10-15 range.
Lenin wrote: All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.
ponder276
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#3 » by ponder276 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:02 pm

It's funny how a lot of people have strong opinions on Jennings, without ever having seen him play (I'm talking about people who think he's a lock for the top 5 AND people who think he'll be a bust). He's probably an enigma to a lot of GMs as well, I think his workouts will have a huge role in where he's drafted. His stats in Europe are certainly terrible, but it's hard to know what to make of stats for a player going straight to Europe out of HS with a supposedly NBA suited game, it's pretty unprecedented.
PowerElite
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by PowerElite » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:49 am

Jennings is a great athlete that can get into the paint at will on any defender on this planet. That's more valuable than a 6'1" shooting guard that lives on the perimeter like Curry. Jennings is also a better passer and nothing is stopping him from being a more prolific 3 point shooter than Curry down the line. So the outside shooting advantage that Curry has isn't really a big deal because Jennings can certainly shoot the ball for a 19 year old that has spent his life finishing at the rim.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#5 » by 5DOM » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:50 am

If he could get into the paint at will on any defender on this planet, he must have been one of the worst finishers in the history of western civilization this season
PowerElite
Banned User

Post#6 » by PowerElite » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:07 am

5DOM wrote:If he could get into the paint at will on any defender on this planet, he must have been one of the worst finishers in the history of western civilization this season

Yeah that's what someone like you would think that has no concept of the rules of the European game. People like you have no clue that there is no 3 second defensive penalty in Euro basketball, so you have stiffs crowding the paint. No such problem in the NBA. But people with a modicum of basketball knowledge understand this and would have never made such a foolish statement as the one that you posted above.
Xand1
Sophomore

Post#7 » by Xand1 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:57 am

5DOM wrote:If he could get into the paint at will on any defender on this planet, he must have been one of the worst finishers in the history of western civilization this season

Europe is on its own planet, apparently.
El Hardee wrote:I really like Al, he is rough and EXTREMLY UGLY. That is the right combo for the perfect enforcer.
sonictecture
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,081

Post#8 » by sonictecture » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:13 am

Xand1 wrote:

Europe is on its own planet, apparently.

I'd expect someone like you to make such a statement. Europe has always been identified as a star not a planet!

Any person with a modicum of astronomy knowledge would never make such a foolish statement like the one you made above.
some_rand
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#9 » by some_rand » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:18 am

PowerElite wrote:

Yeah that's what someone like you would think that has no concept of the rules of the European game. People like you have no clue that there is no 3 second defensive penalty in Euro basketball, so you have stiffs crowding the paint. No such problem in the NBA. But people with a modicum of basketball knowledge understand this and would have never made such a foolish statement as the one that you posted above.

yeah but doesnt college not have the defensive 3 seconds as well?
Loclown
Bench Warmer
And1: 12

Post#10 » by Loclown » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:21 pm

So they are about running neck and neck as of 6/10 but it seems like Curry is heading up the charts and Jennings is falling. I personally would take the pure shooter who may never be something more, than the 19 slashing small guard.
Who else thinks they could draft better than all Chicago teams?
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#11 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:30 pm

Give me Jennings, it's unbelievable how undervalued he's become lately. I think the Tier 1 prospects in this draft are Griffin, Rubio, and Harden, and the Tier 2 prospects are Thabeet, Hill, and Jennings. I have those guys as the clear top 6. Jennings' potential and natural skill level is as high as anyone's in this draft including Griffin and Rubio and he could fall to 14 or 17... unreal.
mattyj
Veteran
And1: 247

Post#12 » by mattyj » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:59 pm

Jennings, if drafted top 10, will be the biggest bust of this draft

Give me Curry every day of the week

Jennings = Will Bynum
Curry = Ben Gordon

Which one would u take?
Star-Lord
Starter
And1: 1,325

Post#13 » by Star-Lord » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:02 pm

mattyj wrote:Jennings, if drafted top 10, will be the biggest bust of this draft

Jennings = Will Bynum
Curry = Ben Gordon

Which one would u take?

This is how you can tell the difference between the people that have actually seen Brandon play, and those who haven't, but feel the need to voice their opinions anyway.
mattyj
Veteran

Post#14 » by mattyj » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:11 pm

CCIIIs Hair wrote:
mattyj wrote:Jennings, if drafted top 10, will be the biggest bust of this draft

Jennings = Will Bynum
Curry = Ben Gordon

Which one would u take?

This is how you can tell the difference between the people that have actually seen Brandon play, and those who haven't, but feel the need to voice their opinions anyway.

I have seen plenty of Jennings to know the guy will bust, any GM that drafts him in the lottery ought to be FIRED
_BBIB_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#15 » by _BBIB_ » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:32 pm

Wil Bynum?

WTF type of random comparison is that?

Brandon Jennings is a playmaker plain and simple. If he's a bust it will be because his shot isn't very good. But Will Bynum, what the heck type of comparison is that?

Maybe he'll be a poor man's version of Rafer Alston at worse
Shaheen wrote:You wanna make a sig bet that Horford will not win this year? They will not even hit .500. Book it.
:lol:
mattyj
Veteran

Post#16 » by mattyj » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:01 pm

Bullcrap

Jennings is a slasher who cant shoot and isnt that good of a playmaker

Sounds like a Will Bynum type to me

Add to the fact that Jennings is immature and not very bright and you got yourself a Bust recipe
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,454

Post#17 » by rpa » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:57 pm

If Jennings is Will Bynum then Curry is a poor man's, guard version of Adam Morrison.
Star-Lord
Starter
And1: 1,325

Post#18 » by Star-Lord » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:16 am

And DeShawn Stevenson is a Michael Jordan clone...
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,165

Post#19 » by cpower » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:31 pm

rpa wrote:If Jennings is Will Bynum then Curry is a poor man's, guard version of Adam Morrison.

:lol:

Return to NBA Draft