On Leave
And1: 8,512

Post#21 » by Blame Rasho » Sat Feb 9, 2008 3:35 am

What a pathetic win...
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#22 » by Ballings7 » Sat Feb 9, 2008 3:42 am

What a win! Very fun to watch, too. I'm glad it went like it did, makes it sweeter. Just love the MSG atmosphere. I love this team.

Nice way to go into Boston

This is an example of why I'm against trading Finley, unless it's for a significant upgrade. He's been fairly consistent this season, and several times a key guy in games. Tonight, came up big again.

Tim was solid, again

Damon played poor, but that's okay

Manu played a dynamic game in the end, nice night

Horry was great, and his shot continues to come along, best all season tonight going like 5/6. Hit a couple turn around jumpers, too. I can understand why he was irked he wasn't in the last play, but, obviously Pop had his reasons. Didn't matter in the end, anyway, with Finley's big-time shot.

Oberto played well again

Udoka did okay in the time he got

Elson didn't do much positive tonight, did use some fouls though. I think he's out of the rhythm a bit he had before the injury, and is understandable why he's not playing as much. Not because he's not a capable player, but because of what Pop's been doing with the rotation in the last month or so. Also doesn't help with the small time he gets, so I can't get on him much unless it's lop-sided like tonight.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Tiga
Senior
And1: 3

Post#23 » by Tiga » Sat Feb 9, 2008 3:50 am

Popovich was in total control and all players obeyed
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,512

Post#24 » by Blame Rasho » Sat Feb 9, 2008 3:51 am

Ballings7, I know you are happy with the result but it is relative and I am seeing the big picture. No disrespect to the Knicks but we shouldn't have been down by 16 at halftime. We can't be down by that amount vs western teams and expect to pull it out in the end. Eh... we need Parker.

I do hope that this W is like the W we got from Finley last year vs the Lakers that really pushed him to be a significant contributor in the playoffs.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#25 » by Ballings7 » Sat Feb 9, 2008 4:00 am

We do need Tony, of course.

But I don't expect this team to play like that in a playoff series. The approach to and situation is different in the playoffs. The preparation and focus from the team will be different. The level of play is different. Tony will be back. Somebody new might be on the team, too.

I don't see this in the big picture because it's irrelevant to the big picture. The big picture is a different situation compared to a regular season game against the Knicks in February. What this is relevant to is the road trip and getting back to a consistent stretch and getting a streak, and doing well on this road trip.

I wasn't that worried when we were down at the half, the team still proved why they're the superior team, and why the Knicks are the inferior team.

But that doesn't take away that it was a fun game to watch (for me anyway, as I said earlier), the 4th win in a row on the road. A number of guys played well. I'm not taking it for granted or as a negative just because it was against the Knicks, and not an easy win.

That's how I look at it.
Tiga
Senior

Post#26 » by Tiga » Sat Feb 9, 2008 4:06 am

Ballings7
RealGM

Post#27 » by Ballings7 » Sat Feb 9, 2008 4:32 am

Funny how it looks like the lights around the basket are on...

I loved that shot, I jumped off the couch for that :)
Magz50
Head Coach
And1: 114

Post#28 » by Magz50 » Sat Feb 9, 2008 2:31 pm

FINLLEYYYYY!! Damn as much as we bag that guy out, he is freakin clutch!
Texas Longhorns
Banned User

Post#29 » by Texas Longhorns » Sat Feb 9, 2008 5:33 pm

A very tight game and Finley came through. Man, I can't believe Dallas let Finley go. They probably could have one the championship against the heat that one year if they had him. He is such a clutch player, even at his age.
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
nykfan70
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#30 » by nykfan70 » Sat Feb 9, 2008 6:01 pm

I can't believe how much a championship team like the Spurs whines and cries so much about fouls, especially when the team is down by a few points, that's when the flopping and whining get really bad, your players act like their gonna cry if they don't win.
The Spurs are the biggest babies of the NBA.
UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Post#31 » by UDRIH14 » Sat Feb 9, 2008 6:24 pm

nykfan70 wrote:I can't believe how much a championship team like the Spurs whines and cries so much about fouls, especially when the team is down by a few points, that's when the flopping and whining get really bad, your players act like their gonna cry if they don't win.
The Spurs are the biggest babies of the NBA.

you were up 18, loss by 6...umm

dont come in here and expect sympathy
AJ:"I'm Western Conference," he said. "I'm Popovich. I'm for him, for Texas and for the Spurs."
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#32 » by Ballings7 » Sat Feb 9, 2008 7:38 pm

Every team complains to some extent with regularity - realize the actuality, please.

Return to San Antonio Spurs