Moderator: G R E Y

imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,290

Re: Lineup for 2024 Season 

Post#21 » by imagump1313 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:46 am

G R E Y wrote:Well this could shake things up:

Read on Twitter

I'd rather we move up in the draft for PG talent and use the cap space/assets for, say, shoring up SF but there will be lots of rumours for the next week or so and then come FA period.

I would rather swallow a plastic fork than watch Chris Paul on my team.......
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,290

Post#22 » by imagump1313 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:23 am

Ballings7 wrote:Right now...

PG: Tre Jones
SG: Vassell
SF: Keldon
PF: Wemby
C: Sochan

That to me is the most balanced and likely line-up: overall stability from last season and to continue to growth; playmakers and handlers at basically all 5 positions (varying levels but each able); decent defensive versaility to compliment Wemby as he gets going, switching, leading-offensive-guys; spacing with Sochan's cutting, Wemby, Keldon, and Vassell.. maybe an improved Tre Jones range.

Still need that second prominent guy, preferably at SF or lead guard - but in time.

I think the Collins starting at C was before Wembanyama was going to be drafted - maybe it still ends up that way, though. Collins could also be a solid piece in a deal for a contending team or mid-level PO team with assets.

----

Wouldn't mind CP3 coming in... he wouldn't push the team to mid-level in all likelyhood, and maybe just be a play-in contender but not for sure to make the play-in either.

Would rather roll with a few tweaks and not get "too good, too soon" I'd say though. Be a solid spot for CP to retire to, as well.

Getting another top 7-10 pick would be a good and safe move unless Wemby's impact is so consistent and high that it doesn't truly matter, then off to the races again for real..

Your lineup is pretty spot on right now.

The only thing I would argue would be that if this is the roster we have, we need to get Johnson or Sochan to buy into a 6th man role. We are going to need Collins( and our other bigs) to help protect Wembanyama from foul trouble because I believe every team will attack us this way straight off.

Obviously things will look different depending on the draft and if we do something in FA.

Regarding your not getting good too fast comment, I think if we don't get a name FA that Vassel or Sochan could be given a chance to be that #2. I wasn't a huge fan of Sochan at first but the kid proved me wrong time and time again all season. Vassell needs to have a healthy full season to see what we really have with him.

I am also interested to see what Johnson looks like on the floor with Wemby but I think he has already shown what he is going to be in this league.

Phreak mentioned Lebron earlier and now the latest rumor is Paul. I don't want to see any of these drama queens around my team. San Antonio is the anti James and Paul team. We dont need them to succeed. Its more fun beating guys like that.

There are only 1 or 2 other free agents I would even be interested in but a lot of things can happen over the summer.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#23 » by Ballings7 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:47 pm

imagump1313 wrote:
Ballings7 wrote:Right now...

PG: Tre Jones
SG: Vassell
SF: Keldon
PF: Wemby
C: Sochan

That to me is the most balanced and likely line-up: overall stability from last season and to continue to growth; playmakers and handlers at basically all 5 positions (varying levels but each able); decent defensive versaility to compliment Wemby as he gets going, switching, leading-offensive-guys; spacing with Sochan's cutting, Wemby, Keldon, and Vassell.. maybe an improved Tre Jones range.

Still need that second prominent guy, preferably at SF or lead guard - but in time.

I think the Collins starting at C was before Wembanyama was going to be drafted - maybe it still ends up that way, though. Collins could also be a solid piece in a deal for a contending team or mid-level PO team with assets.

----

Wouldn't mind CP3 coming in... he wouldn't push the team to mid-level in all likelyhood, and maybe just be a play-in contender but not for sure to make the play-in either.

Would rather roll with a few tweaks and not get "too good, too soon" I'd say though. Be a solid spot for CP to retire to, as well.

Getting another top 7-10 pick would be a good and safe move unless Wemby's impact is so consistent and high that it doesn't truly matter, then off to the races again for real..

Your lineup is pretty spot on right now.

The only thing I would argue would be that if this is the roster we have, we need to get Johnson or Sochan to buy into a 6th man role. We are going to need Collins( and our other bigs) to help protect Wembanyama from foul trouble because I believe every team will attack us this way straight off.

Obviously things will look different depending on the draft and if we do something in FA.

Regarding your not getting good too fast comment, I think if we don't get a name FA that Vassel or Sochan could be given a chance to be that #2. I wasn't a huge fan of Sochan at first but the kid proved me wrong time and time again all season. Vassell needs to have a healthy full season to see what we really have with him.

I am also interested to see what Johnson looks like on the floor with Wemby but I think he has already shown what he is going to be in this league.

Phreak mentioned Lebron earlier and now the latest rumor is Paul. I don't want to see any of these drama queens around my team. San Antonio is the anti James and Paul team. We dont need them to succeed. Its more fun beating guys like that.

There are only 1 or 2 other free agents I would even be interested in but a lot of things can happen over the summer.

Thanks.

Good point about the other big spot and Wemby.

Also if had a choice would rather not get an older FA, but someone younger in another 1-2 summers.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,423

Post#24 » by G R E Y » Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:51 pm

Oh?

Read on Twitter

Glad at least the CP3 rumours are now all but laid to rest...
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
Bornstellar
General Manager
And1: 17,810

Post#25 » by Bornstellar » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:31 am

I'm curious to see if Spurs will start Collins next to Victor or not. The only problem with starting Collins is that it means Sochan probably moves to the bench and I 100% think he should be starting with Wembanyama.

Return to San Antonio Spurs