Suns..

Moderator: G R E Y

Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,496

Post#21 » by Ballings7 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:35 pm

UDRIH14 wrote:they are like us during the lakers 3peat....

just sulk it up and wait for your title shot again

In a way. Just set up completely different as a team. :)

Magz50 wrote:If was the Bobcats i'd want at least Barbosa or Marion for Emeka. He's borderline allstar level. They won't just bend over for the Suns.

I don't know if the Bobcats would take a Barbosa package for Okafor. Maybe. Barbosa's not going to be a starter there, and would fail again as back-up PG. Matt Carroll's already there at back-up SG, who was just signed to a multi-year deal.

With Marion, you have his iffy contract situation. I'd hope Charlottle would realize he wouldn't be the same player with them, also. Also I think their front office would probably realize they wouldn't go too far with Marion at PF. If they decided to re-sign him.

While I'm not sure the Bobcats would take a Diaw package either, Diaw would fit well there, because he'd have an increased offensive role as a big man.

I personally wouldn't trade Emeka for anybody realistically on the Suns. I like him over everybody in that case.

Magz50 wrote:The Suns really need a big up front though, badly. So Amare can play PF a much more favourable position for him. Hell even Zach Randolf could be a possibility for a pick and that exception, sure he's a lazy black hole, but he's a hell of a rebounder and can shoot the ball well and score at will. I'm sure Isiah would jump at that offer.

Just that the interior defense would still be lacking with Randolph/Amare. Those two rely on scoring too much, also.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Donald Kaufman
General Manager
And1: 601

Post#22 » by Donald Kaufman » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:01 am

I actually think Barbosa is starter material and would benefit from a change of scene. If a guy like Udrih can average double figures elsewhere, no reason why a player like LB couldn't produce in another system either.
Black Jesus 1
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#23 » by Black Jesus 1 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:23 am

nashill wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

This is what frustrates me, dantoni doesnt care about rebounding...

Yea, D'A doesn't care about rebounding. :roll:
That's essentially saying he doesn't care about winning.. :banghead:

He can't do anything about it. We're undersized, and Amare doesn't show up to rebound most of the time, which makes it tougher. Also the fact that our cheap owner dealt KT even though his contract was expiring and he was a key component. Skinner has filled his void very well, but he doesn't get the playing time..why? I have no idea. I think we'll be able to live without KT, but at the time of the trade it was a total "WTF?!?!"
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,486

Post#24 » by Blame Rasho » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:30 am

Diaw actually played very well tonight... I didn't think that was possible given that Amare played tonight. I swear he is a totally different player on the court when Amare plays.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#25 » by rsavaj » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:41 am

TD is the MAN wrote:Diaw actually played very well tonight... I didn't think that was possible given that Amare played tonight. I swear he is a totally different player on the court when Amare plays.

We've given him the moniker of "Doris" because of his play over the last year and a half.

He shall be renamed "Boris" if he keeps playing like this....

Kinda OT, but holy wow the West is tough this year. GS is the 8th seed and they're only 4.5 games back of 1st....
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,486

Post#26 » by Blame Rasho » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:52 am

Well last year was a foreshadowed this when Golden State upended Dallas. Getting homecourt is meaningless.. no matter what, you are going to get a very hard and tuff out in the first round. Honestly if I was a betting man... I would put money on a team from the East to win in the finals. I think there will be a burn out point for the west team unless some team just gets red hot.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,496

Post#27 » by Ballings7 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:32 am

TOKing wrote:I actually think Barbosa is starter material and would benefit from a change of scene. If a guy like Udrih can average double figures elsewhere, no reason why a player like LB couldn't produce in another system either.

Difference is Beno is a PG that has a fairly balanced offensive game and isn't a poor defender. From watching the Kings regularily, he's shown consistently over a sustained time period, he's an above-average PG in this league. Serviceable, skilled, crafty, and gets the most of his abilities.

Barbosa's an undersized SG that has tried to play PG and can't do it effectively. He can handle the ball and pass okay to a certain extent, but he's not someone you will, can, or should rely on for point guard duties. Then you have the issues defensively with him, lacking size (height and length excluded at PG), gambling too much, and putting most of his focus into offense, hurts him as a whole on defense. Especially as an SG.

At most Barbosa's a spot-starter, and mainly a bench off-guard. Maybe if he had the time and oppurtunities to develop as a PG, combined with working on his game - he could be an effective combo-guard/score-first PG on another team. Not happening with Phoenix, though.

Beno and Barbosa were different guard prospects coming into the league, also.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Black Jesus 1
Banned User

Post#28 » by Black Jesus 1 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:27 am

TD is the MAN wrote:Well last year was a foreshadowed this when Golden State upended Dallas. Getting homecourt is meaningless.. no matter what, you are going to get a very hard and tuff out in the first round. Honestly if I was a betting man... I would put money on a team from the East to win in the finals. I think there will be a burn out point for the west team unless some team just gets red hot.

Meh, I honestly wouldn't have the guts to doubt San Antonio regardless if they haven't repeated before.
ss1986v2
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#29 » by ss1986v2 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:46 am

if i was a betting man, id have my money on who comes out of the eventual ecf match-up of boston-detroit. whoever makes it out of that slugfest is going to be riding a major wave of momentum, while whoever makes it out of the west is going to have to come into it having to grind it out from round 1.
Stupidity Should be Painful!
Duiz
Banned User

Post#30 » by Duiz » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:14 am

I think the Spurs should run and gun, and I can't imagine TD throwing sick dunks like Amare or Ginobli giving matrix dunks like Marion.

btw, yes I am kidding.

Return to San Antonio Spurs