OT- Gasol to LA

Moderator: G R E Y

UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Re: Kwame = Scrub 

Post#21 » by UDRIH14 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:05 pm

b shaw20 wrote:As a Laker fan who is trolling in here to see what kind of reactions our rivals have towards the trade... as much as I dispise the Spurs, I am telling you as stand up man - you don't want Kwame.

You guys haven't watched him play as much as I have over recent years. He is an overrated defendor. What he has in size, he lacks in brains, hands or basketball athletic ability. He sucks, period.

The fact that we dumped him was enough for me. Now, getting Pau was icing on the cake.

Kwame brown defends duncan quite well, similar to diop...just that you guys overpaid for him and he didnt live up to ur expectations

spurs aint askn much besides askn him to defend and rebound aka rashow/nazr for example....if we get him for below the MLE then its a steal.
AJ:"I'm Western Conference," he said. "I'm Popovich. I'm for him, for Texas and for the Spurs."
b shaw20
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

ok... 

Post#22 » by b shaw20 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:24 pm

Now I hope you guys do sign him.... I would pray he got significant minutes vs the Lakers.

but Pop isn't that stupid!
co_laper
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#23 » by co_laper » Sat Feb 2, 2008 8:39 pm

I'm interested in seeing Swift in New Jersey to be honest. The Nets lacked that athletic big men since Kenyon Martin left and Swift is one of the league's most athletic big men. He could be a very good addition to the Nets. I mean he never really had a true PG and never been on a running team before.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,494

Post#24 » by Blame Rasho » Sat Feb 2, 2008 9:08 pm

I wouldn't want Brown for the MLE.... at most what Elson's current contract which is 3 million.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,774

Post#25 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sat Feb 2, 2008 9:11 pm

UDRIH14 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Kwame brown defends duncan quite well, similar to diop...just that you guys overpaid for him and he didnt live up to ur expectations

spurs aint askn much besides askn him to defend and rebound aka rashow/nazr for example....if we get him for below the MLE then its a steal.
Kwame was at his best defending Duncan and KG, but if you guys sign him would it be worth it for two games a season and the probable 7 games in the finals? the rest of the time Pop would not even play him.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Blame Rasho
On Leave

Post#26 » by Blame Rasho » Sat Feb 2, 2008 9:13 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Kwame was at his best defending Duncan and KG, but if you guys sign him would it be worth it for two games a season and the probable 7 games in the finals? the rest of the time Pop would not even play him.

Nice to see you post around here... are you still overseas or chilling in San Diego?
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#27 » by semi-sentient » Sat Feb 2, 2008 9:54 pm

Sorry guys, Kwame is coming back to us. ;)

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to renewing the rivalry we had in the early 00's, which has been pretty much the only real rivalry this decade.

You guys still have us though, regardless of how well we look on paper. While I think this makes us an elite team, I don't think it takes us over the top. The only thing that will do that is playing defense consistently, and we haven't done that this season. Teams like SA, Boston, and Detroit know a thing or two about shutting down an elite offense, so unless we improve in that department we're not going to be having any parades any time soon.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
Blame Rasho
On Leave

Post#28 » by Blame Rasho » Sat Feb 2, 2008 10:08 pm

Well I am interested in how many touches Bynum gets once he comes back from being hurt. I believe at this point he should get more touches than Lamar. Now you have Gasol who is a very underrated player, he gives you 80% of KG production gets. He is is very skilled passing out of the post. I wonder if he will get more touches than Lamar and Bynum. It is a good problem to have given that he(Gasol) isn't like Eddy Curry in the post.
LyMinh
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#29 » by LyMinh » Sat Feb 2, 2008 10:51 pm

Don't want Brown at all, he's a flake. Maybe Popovich can do something with him, but he doesnt seem the type who would be receptive to a harsh teacher.

Mike Miller, now that's a guy who would fit perfectly. Get it done.
second_coming32
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#30 » by second_coming32 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 11:37 am

The Lakers aren't winning the Title this year, there is too much that has to go on this season and not enough time to do it. Honestly if anything I think we lose in the WCF to you guys in 6...if we get that far. NEXT YEAR however....we're going to be beasts.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#31 » by Ballings7 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 6:21 pm

That's basically how I feel ^.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
wizardg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#32 » by wizardg » Sun Feb 3, 2008 9:51 pm

Ballings7 wrote:That's basically how I feel ^.

God I hope you guys are right. And I hope if there is a deal to be made for talent against our expiring ...we do it immediately.
Donald Kaufman
General Manager
And1: 601

Post#33 » by Donald Kaufman » Mon Feb 4, 2008 2:57 am

I'm still trying to figure out why Memphis makes this trade...anyway, as great as the Lakers look on paper, will it translate to playoff success? I'll catch a few games w/Gasol before I pass judgment.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#34 » by Ballings7 » Mon Feb 4, 2008 3:49 am

What would be wild if Kwame really is waived... so it'd just be Crittenton (3rd PG, 4th small guard on the roster, plenty of assets I guess?) and two latter R1 picks.

That's just atrocious.
Donald Kaufman
General Manager
And1: 601

Post#35 » by Donald Kaufman » Mon Feb 4, 2008 4:19 am

Also, does this trade help or hurt Bynum's development?
ss1986v2
Sixth Man

Post#36 » by ss1986v2 » Mon Feb 4, 2008 5:08 am

Ballings7 wrote:What would be wild if Kwame really is waived... so it'd just be Crittenton (3rd PG, 4th small guard on the roster, plenty of assets I guess?) and two latter R1 picks.

That's just atrocious.

you are forgetting marc gasol, who is having a stellar year in the ACB this year (on par, if not better than splitter). so this deal nets expirings (brown and mckie) and roughly 4 1st round picks (gasol went in the second, but if he was coming out this year, would surely see the 1st round). its about on par (if not better) than the deals that netted AI (miller, expirings, 2 1sts) and VC (scrubs, expirings, 2 1sts).

i dont know why people keep dumping on this deal. the grizz unload gasols contract, take zero large, long-term salary back, and net all those assets. where the issue?
Stupidity Should be Painful!
LAKESHOW1
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#37 » by LAKESHOW1 » Mon Feb 4, 2008 8:38 pm

The SA Sterns fans are nervous.........and I love it!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Magz50
Head Coach
And1: 114

Post#38 » by Magz50 » Mon Feb 4, 2008 8:51 pm

Uh not really. I welcome the challenge!
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#39 » by Ballings7 » Mon Feb 4, 2008 9:11 pm

ssv1986v2 wrote:you are forgetting marc gasol, who is having a stellar year in the ACB this year (on par, if not better than splitter). so this deal nets expirings (brown and mckie) and roughly 4 1st round picks (gasol went in the second, but if he was coming out this year, would surely see the 1st round). its about on par (if not better) than the deals that netted AI (miller, expirings, 2 1sts) and VC (scrubs, expirings, 2 1sts).

i dont know why people keep dumping on this deal. the grizz unload gasols contract, take zero large, long-term salary back, and net all those assets. where the issue?

Yeah.

I just expected a lot better than this for Gasol. So did many others. Nothing unjustified there.
lukeridenour
Bench Warmer

Post#40 » by lukeridenour » Mon Feb 4, 2008 9:30 pm

yea i dont really care, gasol and bynum arent more intimidating than the wallace bros in 05. the spurs bench is still superior and the i think the backcourt evens out. i know its hard to say we have a back court thats even with kobe but ginobili and parker combined have proven deadly when it counts.
Manu Ginobili:

* Italian League Championship: 2001
* Italian Cup: 2001, 2002
* Euroleague: 2001
* Americas Championship: 2001
* NBA Championship: 2003, 2005, 2007
* Summer Olympic Games gold medal: 2004

Return to San Antonio Spurs