what are peoples opinions here of Spurstalk?

Moderator: G R E Y

Donald Kaufman
General Manager
And1: 601

Re: what are peoples opinions here of Spurstalk? 

Post#21 » by Donald Kaufman » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:33 am

I read their forum once. Lot of angry people over there.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#22 » by Nolan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:33 pm

Donald Kaufman wrote:I read their forum once. Lot of angry people over there.

It's almost like the Rap's board here.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
HoraryAstrology
Junior
And1: 150

Post#23 » by HoraryAstrology » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:16 am

their troll talk section was hilarious
Stars Don't Lie. "Anyone can be a millionaire, but to become a billionaire you need an astrologer."
UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Post#24 » by UDRIH14 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:15 pm

JoaKING Noah wrote:their troll talk section was hilarious

theres a wanker who use to posts on here who goes by the name of harlemheat, pretty certain most ppl on here know him...he nows posts over there under different aliases of troll accounts....

there was also that greek poster who posted on realgm who was also trolling on the spurs board with all the greek agents and stuff how they were better then current players, eventually he/she got banend from both forums
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,420

Post#25 » by rockmanslim » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:58 pm

it can't be unmoderated, can it? the neglected forums i've seen are clogged with repeating spam/advertising threads, which i've never seen at spurstalk. so someone must be moderating spurstalk, right?

to me it seems like they keep the spam out, but let everything else go. racism, homophobia, trolling, threats, basically anything offensive that would be banned at other sports forums is okay there as long as it's not spam.

personally i think it's a nice change of pace. if you want unfiltered posts, that's the place. people are more free to express themselves there. while there are tradeoffs, sometimes the truth is ugly and offensive. sometimes you want to know what people are really thinking, behind their filters. admittedly i can only take so much, my faith in humanity can only be allowed to plummet so low, before i have to come up for air to read more civilized conversations at more conventional forums.
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#26 » by ChosunX » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:02 am

Why don't they allow new members? Some of them would cut and run, but some would participate. There is good stuff there despite all the crap.
awesomedoers
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#27 » by awesomedoers » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:31 am

Don't really like it. It was impossible to register for an account and people didn't really discuss anything meaningful.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,291

Post#28 » by Jstock12 » Sat Apr 9, 2016 5:53 pm

Ahh, I've been trying to get on that site for like 2 years now. Now I know why.
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,475

Post#29 » by Chinook » Thu Jul 7, 2016 1:34 pm

Nolan wrote:
SPURt wrote:Is Spurstalk dead? It's been down for some days now I think. Weird time for a fan site to die, it being after a chip and all.

It's back up now. I guess they let their domain name registration expire. :lol:

It's happened again. I feel so empty...
UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Post#30 » by UDRIH14 » Thu Jul 7, 2016 3:28 pm

LOL domain expire in sequence with boban getting a offer from the pistons

doubt the spurs going t o match it
Chinook
Head Coach

Post#31 » by Chinook » Thu Jul 7, 2016 3:46 pm

UDRIH14 wrote:LOL domain expire in sequence with boban getting a offer from the pistons

doubt the spurs going t o match it

Bigger news is the Dedmon signing. ST was pretty well prepared to lose Boban, I think. But Dewayne was like a dream scenario for some of us -- especially at the room exception.
siraulo23
Junior
And1: 81

Post#32 » by siraulo23 » Thu Jul 7, 2016 5:02 pm

wtf happened to ST? Its dead :(
Stay classy fellow spurs fans
mdc848
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#33 » by mdc848 » Thu Jul 7, 2016 5:28 pm

I post there sometimes and I read some of the threads. But the quality of posters has definitely gone downhill over the years. Lots of trash and idiots so I don't frequent the site as much.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by Nolan » Thu Jul 7, 2016 5:29 pm

mdc848 wrote:I post there sometimes and I read some of the threads. But the quality of posters has definitely gone downhill over the years. Lots of trash and idiots so I don't frequent the site as much.

Well your more than welcome here my friend.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
kd35sneighbor
RealGM
And1: 86

Post#35 » by kd35sneighbor » Thu Jul 7, 2016 5:30 pm

Spurstalk is a hellhole for idiots with no valid reasons to bash players on their team whatsoever who just spew nonsense over and over. That place is unbearable. It should stay dead forever. Place is full of kids with multiple accounts and spend their entire days there just trolling people. If youre looking for people who should be on alert for terrorism in this country, the FBI should investigate that site. A lot of the posters there should to go the hospital and get checked for mental illness. No joke.
Runnin' these Oklahoma streets. Follow me on Twitter @kd35sneighbor!
mdc848
Ballboy

Post#36 » by mdc848 » Thu Jul 7, 2016 5:31 pm

Nolan wrote:
mdc848 wrote:I post there sometimes and I read some of the threads. But the quality of posters has definitely gone downhill over the years. Lots of trash and idiots so I don't frequent the site as much.

Awesome. Thanks!
siraulo23
Junior
And1: 81

Post#37 » by siraulo23 » Thu Jul 7, 2016 5:32 pm

ST is the most active spurs forums out there and its not even close, all the other ones are barely active with only a handful of posters regularly posting
Stay classy fellow spurs fans
mdc848
Ballboy

Post#38 » by mdc848 » Thu Jul 7, 2016 5:35 pm

siraulo23 wrote:ST is the most active spurs forums out there and its not even close, all the other ones are barely active with only a handful of posters regularly posting

Agreed. ST may be full of idiots but it is the most active spurs board and really the most up to date/go to site for any breaking news.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by Nolan » Thu Jul 7, 2016 5:37 pm

mdc848 wrote:
Nolan wrote:

Awesome. Thanks!

This isn't the most active board but we've got a good little group of regulars and we'd be happy to have another Spurs fan join our forum.
Chinook
Head Coach

Post#40 » by Chinook » Thu Jul 7, 2016 5:38 pm

kd35sneighbor wrote:Spurstalk is a hellhole for idiots with no valid reasons to bash players on their team whatsoever who just spew nonsense over and over. That place is unbearable. It should stay dead forever. Place is full of kids with multiple accounts and spend their entire days there just trolling people. If youre looking for people who should be on alert for terrorism in this country, the FBI should investigate that site. A lot of the posters there should to go the hospital and get checked for mental illness. No joke.

ST has its problems, obviously. But there is no site I'd rather join. A lot of good takes mixed in with the bad. With an active ignore list, it's very tolerable. If this board actually gains traffic, it will be manageable, but I'm gonna keep waiting on that doorstep for Timvp and Kori to pay their bill.

Return to San Antonio Spurs