GT: Rockets vs. Spurs

Moderator: G R E Y

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

GT: Rockets vs. Spurs 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Wed Apr 8, 2015 5:42 am

This is a important one, we're only 1.5 games back of Houston for the division lead. But if Kawhi keeps up his strong play I don't see how we can lose this one.

Go Spurs!!
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
ChuckChilly
Veteran
And1: 2,666

Re: GT: Rockets vs. Spurs 

Post#2 » by ChuckChilly » Wed Apr 8, 2015 5:26 pm

Is Tony Parker playing this game?
SPURt
Pro Prospect
And1: 263

Post#3 » by SPURt » Thu Apr 9, 2015 1:21 am

Josh Smith playing good tonight makes Houston dangerous. Kawhi and Danny have been really quiet as well. Surprisingly we are getting All Star Parker so far.
SPURt
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by SPURt » Thu Apr 9, 2015 1:22 am

The Spurs are playing really bad so far tonight. Why is Leonard getting no touches? Harden is playing like an MVP and we did nothing while he was on the bench.
SPURt
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by SPURt » Thu Apr 9, 2015 1:40 am

Played a pretty bad first half with exception of the last five minutes. The Spurs really didn't involve Kawhi too much that half offensively, but still he has 3 steals already.

We would be getting destroyed if Tony was playing like the Tony of the past couple of games. He really was our best player so far. Baynes, Duncan, and Diaw doing good as well. If Danny and Kawhi get on track in the next half we could close this out.

Houston doesn't look like a championship team to me. The loss of Beverly and DM hurt their depth a lot, but Harden really makes them look better than they are. In a seven game series I just don't see one player carrying a team.
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,702

Post#6 » by -Sammy- » Thu Apr 9, 2015 2:17 am

Boy, what a game... such energy and hustle from both sides. If the standings hold, this would be the second-round matchup (assuming both teams advance).

Let's hope the good guys keep playing well. Go Spurs!
SPURt
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by SPURt » Thu Apr 9, 2015 2:17 am

Great third! Aron Baynes is outplaying Dwight and Kawhi looked better. Tony is playing out of this world tonight. One more quarter to go.
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,702

Post#8 » by -Sammy- » Thu Apr 9, 2015 2:42 am

Ahh... VERY satisfying game.

Friday night in H-Town will be insane, I predict. Gonna be tough to win that one.
SPURt
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by SPURt » Thu Apr 9, 2015 2:49 am

Friday is gonna be the biggest game until things get real in the playoffs. Go Spurs Go!
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#10 » by Phreak50 » Thu Apr 9, 2015 6:21 am

Popovich was jokingly asked if he has an unwritten rule that the Spurs are not allowed to score 30 points individually. The Spurs coach has pulled his players early in the fourth quarter on numerous occasions this season, particularly Leonard.

''That's cause I'm a jerk,'' Popovich said dryly. ''I don't want anybody getting a big head, so we just pull them out. 'What do you need to get 30 for?' Selfish! (It was) just one game, boys and girls, just one game.''

haha!!

Return to San Antonio Spurs