15%

Total votes: 20

-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,702

Re: Round 1: Clippers (3) vs. Spurs (6) 

Post#261 » by -Sammy- » Sun May 3, 2015 7:16 am

Cheers to my fellow good-guy fans. As much as this sucks and as disappointed as I am, I can't get TOO down. This team has had so much success and has been so good to us that we have plenty to draw on for solace as we process this unexpected early departure.

Think of it this way: Kobe is the only player in the league who's seen anything close to the same level of winning our guys have. Literally everyone else is trying to build what we already have. All these superstars are out there trying to get their FIRST ring. We're damned lucky.

Still, losing always hurts. Here's to next year! Go Spurs!
law_1990
Rookie
And1: 709

Post#262 » by law_1990 » Sun May 3, 2015 12:54 pm

law_1990 wrote:i didn't get drunk for this.
The hangover i'll have tomorrow will not be worth :/

Quick update, it wasn't. Everything hurts. :banghead:

Anyhoo, still salty but what the **** can you do. I'm still in the mind that we could have controlled that game the moment CP3 went off to the locker room but we just didn't. I'm not as mad as i was last night, just confused. That team is so much better than it showed itself to be last night.
RollingWave wrote:it'll be 5 random guys Pop picked up at a ball yard and they'll win the title
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#263 » by Phreak50 » Sun May 3, 2015 1:24 pm

We weren't desperate enough. And I think a lot of that comes from the big season last year and what a huge effort, mentally it took to do that after the loss the previous year.

It didn't seem to mean as much to us on the court and definitely showed in the reactions after the game, off the court.

But yeah, that last play really needs to be investigated. You can clearly see that Barnes read the free look and broke up the second play because of it. Just really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

We played pretty average as a whole and it took some miracle shots, beast performances and controversial decisions to get the Clips over the line. I think they might be in for a shock against Houston.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#264 » by Patman » Sun May 3, 2015 3:07 pm

That was a bull ending to a great series. Feel bad for you guys, you deserved to see a real ending.

Anybody who doesn't know why the buzzer affected the last play doesn't know **** about basketball.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#265 » by imagump1313 » Sun May 3, 2015 3:24 pm

Personally I don't understand the people raving about what a great series it was. I guess you think it was a great series if you're a Clippers fan. It might have been great because some of the games were close, but in reality we played like crap most of the series(much like we did the entire season). The Clippers didn't play well either. They gave away 2 games to us that shey should have won. ESPN is going way overboard as usual about what a great series it was. It was good drama I guess but it was far from great basketball from either team IMO.

I'm not taking anything away from the Clips, they deserved the series. Even if we would have won I would still be disappointed with the way we played. Look at my other posts if you don't believe me.

With all that said, I am still soo proud of what this team has accomplished and good luck the the Clippers in the next round.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#266 » by Goudelock » Sun May 3, 2015 6:08 pm

^^^^^ Game 7 was great. Stupidly great (and this is coming from a guy that was pulling for the Spurs). The rest of the series.....meh.
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,702

Post#267 » by -Sammy- » Sun May 3, 2015 7:21 pm

It was a great series from the standpoint of a relatively unbiased fan/observer, because the disinterested observer wants to see a close, interesting series, and presumably has no preference as to who wins. That's the official position the national press takes, and from that position, it was indeed a great series.

From the position that we want to see each team play to its best potential ability, it was obviously a disappointing series. There's no way for me to articulate this without sounding biased, and that's fine, but all of the things that the Clippers were able to capitalize on were things that last June's Spurs would have prevented. That's where the disappointment comes in for us: we expected some facsimile of last June's Spurs, but that team was fueled by an almost supernaturally-intense fixation on redeeming themselves from the previous year. That's why I've always called the 2014 Spurs a team of destiny: they weren't the most talented (in terms of top-end individual talent), they weren't the youngest or the most athletic or any of that, but they were one of those rare teams that was truly able to play above all of those factors because they had such a singular drive for that redemption.

This team didn't have that, and we couldn't have expected them to, because they weren't trying to exorcise a demon the way the 2014 team was. So what we got was a team that returned to its own mortality, and what we were left with was a very good team that just got beat by another very good team.

In that sense, then, there's no way for it not to be a disappointing series from our perspective; but from the perspective of a basketball fan who just wants to see great, intense competition, with two teams playing every minute like it's their last, it was a great series.

And even though from game one to game seven, the series is being overrated a little, the last part is what people are going to remember the most, and that's why this will go down in most peoples' memory as a great series: because that game seven was objectively one of the best games we're likely to see for a long time.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#268 » by imagump1313 » Sun May 3, 2015 9:22 pm

BombsquadSammy wrote:It was a great series from the standpoint of a relatively unbiased fan/observer, because the disinterested observer wants to see a close, interesting series, and presumably has no preference as to who wins. That's the official position the national press takes, and from that position, it was indeed a great series.

From the position that we want to see each team play to its best potential ability, it was obviously a disappointing series. There's no way for me to articulate this without sounding biased, and that's fine, but all of the things that the Clippers were able to capitalize on were things that last June's Spurs would have prevented. That's where the disappointment comes in for us: we expected some facsimile of last June's Spurs, but that team was fueled by an almost supernaturally-intense fixation on redeeming themselves from the previous year. That's why I've always called the 2014 Spurs a team of destiny: they weren't the most talented (in terms of top-end individual talent), they weren't the youngest or the most athletic or any of that, but they were one of those rare teams that was truly able to play above all of those factors because they had such a singular drive for that redemption.

This team didn't have that, and we couldn't have expected them to, because they weren't trying to exorcise a demon the way the 2014 team was. So what we got was a team that returned to its own mortality, and what we were left with was a very good team that just got beat by another very good team.

In that sense, then, there's no way for it not to be a disappointing series from our perspective; but from the perspective of a basketball fan who just wants to see great, intense competition, with two teams playing every minute like it's their last, it was a great series.

And even though from game one to game seven, the series is being overrated a little, the last part is what people are going to remember the most, and that's why this will go down in most peoples' memory as a great series: because that game seven was objectively one of the best games we're likely to see for a long time.

^^Couldn't have said that better myself. ^^

However, I do disagree on only the point that if the Clippers don't bring it against Houston and get beat 4-1 or 4-2 no one is going to remember this series much.
duncan21
Junior
And1: 63

Post#269 » by duncan21 » Mon May 4, 2015 2:48 am

LEONARD DISAPPEAR IN BIG GAME AGAIN & AGAIN,DIDN'T DESERVE MAX
kylem4711
Sixth Man
And1: 518

Post#270 » by kylem4711 » Mon May 4, 2015 5:50 am

Great series. Really sucks that this was a 1st round matchup. If the spurs beat the clippers though, I wanted the spurs to win the championship.

Really excited to see what this team looks like next year. If you get Marc Gasol, its game over.

Return to San Antonio Spurs