Around the NBA: Offseason edition

Moderator: G R E Y

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Around the NBA: Offseason edition 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Wed Jul 1, 2015 12:17 am

Well we're only a few hours away from the beginning of free agency so it's time for a new thread.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Around the NBA: Offseason edition 

Post#2 » by Nolan » Wed Jul 1, 2015 2:55 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/616100356104155136[/tweet]

So I guess Portland is moving on from LMA. I like Aminu as a role player but this is quite the overpay.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Nolan » Wed Jul 1, 2015 4:40 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/616276740772511744[/tweet]

This deal makes me feel A LOT better about Danny's deal. I like Carroll and I like him as TO's SF but that's a ton of cash for a role player.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#4 » by imagump1313 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 11:45 pm

Detroit is on to plan B already not even 24 hours in. Their 2 main targets (Carroll and Danny Green) are gone.
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#5 » by Phreak50 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 9:29 am

I don't think potential recruits to Detroit are confident in Jackson as their starting PG.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by imagump1313 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 1:36 pm

Phreak50 wrote:I don't think potential recruits to Detroit are confident in Jackson as their starting PG.

I have to admit that I'm not very confident at this point either. He was shaky at best last season. Granted he was thrown into running a team and offense he knew nothing about but I really didn't see anything out of him to make me believe he is a game changer.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Nolan » Thu Jul 2, 2015 4:11 pm

imagump1313 wrote:Detroit is on to plan B already not even 24 hours in. Their 2 main targets (Carroll and Danny Green) are gone.

So I guess their all in on Tobias Harris now?
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by imagump1313 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:29 pm

Nolan wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:Detroit is on to plan B already not even 24 hours in. Their 2 main targets (Carroll and Danny Green) are gone.

That's what I'm hearing. They are gonna have to way overpay to get him but everyone is getting overpaid this summer....
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Nolan » Fri Jul 3, 2015 12:47 am

imagump1313 wrote:
Nolan wrote:

That's what I'm hearing. They are gonna have to way overpay to get him but everyone is getting overpaid this summer....

What do you think about the deal the Pistons did with the Suns?
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by imagump1313 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 1:40 pm

Nolan wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:
Nolan wrote:

What do you think about the deal the Pistons did with the Suns?

It scares the crap out of me from the Spurs prospective because the Suns are dumping salary for LMA. Detroit had to do something to get a SF but what they got was basically overpaid role players which they already have. Morris will get a chance to start similar to Reggie Jackson last year so he has a chance to make a difference. They are talking about waiving Granger.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Nolan » Fri Jul 3, 2015 3:38 pm

imagump1313 wrote:
It scares the crap out of me from the Spurs prospective because the Suns are dumping salary for LMA. Detroit had to do something to get a SF but what they got was basically overpaid role players which they already have. Morris will get a chance to start similar to Reggie Jackson last year so he has a chance to make a difference. They are talking about waiving Granger.

Well this might make you feel a bit better about that.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/616696424802054144[/tweet]
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by imagump1313 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 10:26 pm

Nolan wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:

Well this might make you feel a bit better about that.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/616696424802054144[/tweet]

I'll feel better if he signs. But I trust the Spurs FO to do whatever is necessary, and in having an adequate backup plan.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Nolan » Fri Jul 3, 2015 10:37 pm

So Jordan's signing with the Mav's. I like it for them and I like even more because the Clippers are now officially screwed.
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#14 » by Phreak50 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 11:46 pm

Dallas losing Rondo (not though they ever had him or he ever did anything for them), losing Ellis and getting Jordan and Matthews, suddenly puts them back in the mix. Big signings for them, but still a lot of question marks.

Can only laugh at Rondo and Cousins on the same team. A guy that quits on a team mid game and another who sheds tears every second play.

I still worry for the Spurs. If we don't get LMA I don't think David West is going to help much (if he is plan B), plus we have lost Splitter and Baynes and still yet to get a reliable PG to backup (or replace depending on how the season plays out) Parker.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Nolan » Sat Jul 4, 2015 12:49 am

Phreak50 wrote:Dallas losing Rondo (not though they ever had him or he ever did anything for them), losing Ellis and getting Jordan and Matthews, suddenly puts them back in the mix. Big signings for them, but still a lot of question marks.

Can only laugh at Rondo and Cousins on the same team. A guy that quits on a team mid game and another who sheds tears every second play.

I still worry for the Spurs. If we don't get LMA I don't think David West is going to help much (if he is plan B), plus we have lost Splitter and Baynes and still yet to get a reliable PG to backup (or replace depending on how the season plays out) Parker.

I kinda agree with you. I guess if we strike out on LMA Koufos is probably the next best option still on the market. Then maybe we split what we have left on Lou Williams and one of Seraphin or Biyombo.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by imagump1313 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 1:57 am

Nolan wrote:
Phreak50 wrote:Dallas losing Rondo (not though they ever had him or he ever did anything for them), losing Ellis and getting Jordan and Matthews, suddenly puts them back in the mix. Big signings for them, but still a lot of question marks.

I kinda agree with you. I guess if we strike out on LMA Koufos is probably the next best option still on the market. Then maybe we split what we have left on Lou Williams and one of Seraphin or Biyombo.

This is what scares me: We might be going from a guy who said he wanted to be here and fit in perfectly to guys we don't know if they will fit and not sure if they want to be here....
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Nolan » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:48 pm

So about those Suns lol.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Nolan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:02 am

Mo Harkless to the Blazers for a 2nd. Always liked him, he would of been a solid pickup for us.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Nolan » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:59 pm

I can't believe how popular summer league has gotten. Seems like it went from something no one cared about to being something huge overnight.
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#20 » by SpursNBucks » Thu Aug 6, 2015 6:06 pm

Nolan wrote:I can't believe how popular summer league has gotten. Seems like it went from something no one cared about to being something huge overnight.

I think a big thing is that they promote it more - NBA tv . I don't recall having the same access. I don't recall them having the playoffs either.

Return to San Antonio Spurs