Is it time to bench Danny Green?

Moderator: G R E Y

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Re: Is it time to bench Danny Green? 

Post#21 » by Nolan » Sat Feb 6, 2016 4:34 pm

Danny's kinda sorta been turning things around lately. He's shooting 48% from 3 over his last 5 and he looks a bit more confident.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
alexb618
Rookie
And1: 870

Post#22 » by alexb618 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:59 am

his luke warm streak has definitely ended, too bad the front office missed moving him before the deadline. would have been nice to shift him for a couple of picks or something so we could have kept butler... oh well
Travis Outlaw: Oh man. That feels great. To have a bobblehead of me is just terrific.
UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Post#23 » by UDRIH14 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:15 pm

whose going to replace him in the starting lineup?

ever since signing martin and miller...simmons has been in the doghouse or minutes decreased...
jesus123
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#24 » by jesus123 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:40 pm

Danny will be fine. If Pop is happy with him so do I. The shots will fall eventually, but his defense is great.
Cartuse
Rookie
And1: 1,130

Post#25 » by Cartuse » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:11 am

The only way he will start regaining his confidence is by starting to shoot again. I can live with Danny mindlessly chucking for a couple of RS games if that means that come playoffs that shot will be an option once again.
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#26 » by Phreak50 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:08 am

After tonight I'd rather see him keep shooting, even contested threes over driving and passing to players under a lot of pressure and forcing them into bad shots, or driving and throwing up hail mary runners.
alexb618
Rookie

Post#27 » by alexb618 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:45 am

he had a great game against a great team. needs to continue doing this for the rest of the season.
Travis Outlaw: Oh man. That feels great. To have a bobblehead of me is just terrific.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by Nolan » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:29 pm

Cartuse wrote:The only way he will start regaining his confidence is by starting to shoot again. I can live with Danny mindlessly chucking for a couple of RS games if that means that come playoffs that shot will be an option once again.

^
This is my opinion as well. Eventually those shots are going to start falling.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
alexb618
Rookie

Post#29 » by alexb618 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:26 am

just far too inconsistent (again). need to get martin more minutes and put green on the bench. if it wasnt so late in the season he might even be worthy of a d-league assignment!
Phreak50
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by Phreak50 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:43 am

I was thinking about the D League for Green today as well. Might get him some confidence back but yeah a bit too late now.

I think with the loss today we can now start resting guys and just throw Martin in the starting lineup with the current team, a straight swap for Green and see what happens. We literally have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

The shots SHOULD eventually fall but they aren't and we can't rest our entire championship hopes on Green pulling his finger out. We can't beat the best teams without him (or others) hitting their open threes. 0-5 isn't gonna cut it. In the last 10 games, he is 9-45 which is an even 20%. That isn't good enough to stay in the entire league let alone start for one of the best teams of all time. Time to bench him.

alexb618
Rookie

Post#31 » by alexb618 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:00 am

ok that's it

goodbye danny

a liability
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#32 » by imagump1313 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:00 am

He doesn't even hit wide open threes anymore and now he is passing them up. Ive defended him for years but its time. He plays too many minutes to contribute soo little offensively at SG. Problem is the only one I would trust at the 2 is Manu and he can't play a ton of minutes.
Problem with benching him is that if he plays with the 2nd unit we would have him, Anderson and West on the floor at the same time. 3 people who can't score if their life depended on it. We would be playing 2 vs 5 then.
Phreak50
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by Phreak50 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:37 am

Yep I was thinking maybe giving him a 6th man role might give him a boost but it makes it worse for those exact reasons you mention.

He simply doesn't fit this team if he can't take and make open threes.

But it's such a fine line because if he was in the form he showed when setting the finals record, it might be us breaking the Bulls record.

And that's not a joke.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by Nolan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:02 pm

I think it's too late to do anything with him now. There's just not enough time left in the regular season to move someone else into the lineup.
Cartuse
Rookie

Post#35 » by Cartuse » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:52 pm

I think his shot and his confidence are both gone. At this point I pray for k-mart to channel his inner prime self for the playoffs, because if there's something this team needs is scoring, and i don't even care if it comes from a volume scorer such as prime k-mart, it still beats the unwatchable perimeter offense that we have going on right now.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by Nolan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:02 pm

Cartuse wrote:I think his shot and his confidence are both gone. At this point I pray for k-mart to channel his inner prime self for the playoffs, because if there's something this team needs is scoring, and i don't even care if it comes from a volume scorer such as prime k-mart, it still beats the unwatchable perimeter offense that we have going on right now.

I think the answer is more Patty and Manu with Kawhi and LMA and less TP and Green. Both of them have just become massive ball stoppers. We need guys that are more than will to jack up shots playing along side those two. I know neither one of them have been lighting the world on fire but at least they can keep defenses honest and off balance.
Cartuse
Rookie

Post#37 » by Cartuse » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:36 pm

Nolan wrote:
I think the answer is more Patty and Manu with Kawhi and LMA and less TP and Green. Both of them have just become massive ball stoppers. We need guys that are more than will to jack up shots playing along side those two. I know neither one of them have been lighting the world on fire but at least they can keep defenses honest and off balance.

I hear you, but I don't know man... Patty has also been very inconsistent, borderline useless from time to time. Against GS he is tremendously abused on D making him switch on Klay or Livingston, so there's also that.
Manu could provide key scoring for a couple of games but that's it. Also, he's always had a playmaker mentality. If his role is increased at this point, we could be seeing a lot of those turnovers. I hope i'm wrong though.

Our answer is Matt Bonner. Free the red rocket
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by Nolan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:38 pm

Cartuse wrote:
Nolan wrote:

I hear you, but I don't know man... Patty has also been very inconsistent, borderline useless from time to time. Against GS he is tremendously abused on D making him switch on Klay or Livingston, so there's also that.
Manu could provide key scoring for a couple of games but that's it. Also, he's always had a playmaker mentality. If his role is increased at this point, we could be seeing a lot of those turnovers. I hope i'm wrong though.
[color=#00BF40]
Our answer is Matt Bonner. Free the red rocket
[/color]

At least he can stretch the floor.

Really if Green somehow magically regains his shooting touch we'll be dangerous, but until then offense is going to be a problem. We just don't have the shooter is complement our two best players.
wilt chamberlin
Banned User

Post#39 » by wilt chamberlin » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:14 am

start kevin martin!!!!!!!!!!
wilt chamberlin
Banned User

Post#40 » by wilt chamberlin » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:16 am

start kevin martin!!!!!!!!!!