-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,702

Gameday Thread: Spurs at Rockets 

Post#1 » by -Sammy- » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:23 am

When: 7:00 PM CT, Nov 11th 2016
Where: Toyota Center, Houston, TX

This is a revenge game, but it'll be a tough one; Houston's already proven they can handle us, and we're on the road on night two of a B2B. Expect to see Green run tonight, but I won't be surprised if Pop considers sitting Parker, who played his first game last night after sitting three to injury (knee).

Go Spurs!
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Re: Gameday Thread: Spurs at Rockets 

Post#2 » by ducler » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:15 am

Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#3 » by Phreak50 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:40 am

Pretty poor defense at times. So many open threes and again those Harden lobs embarrassed us.

Kawhi had a decent game but I was surprised to see his year fg% is at 45%. Way down from 50% or so from last year.

I'd take less scoring and more efficiency I think but I think with Pau finding his feet, Parker and Green back we will see that.
Milenkovic
Junior
And1: 636

Post#4 » by Milenkovic » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:19 am

47 3 attempts from Houston...ridiculous
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,702

Post#5 » by -Sammy- » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:12 am

Kawhi's looked off to me in the last several games (what I've been able to see, anyhow), and his box-scores have reflected it.
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#6 » by Phreak50 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:05 pm

The first few games he was slow, relaxed and letting the game come to him.

The last few he has been rushing, not trusting teammates as much and forcing the game.

He'll learn, he is the quickest learner the game has ever seen. I still can't believe his free throw improvements. He is 74-76 on the year for 97%.

Yet on the other hand for what it's worth, he is averaging (albeit 10 games in) a career low fg%, career low rebounds, career low (since rookie year) blocks and career high turnovers.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#7 » by Nolan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:55 pm

Thanks again for picking up the slack Sammy!

Overall pretty solid win and a win that we needed to exercise some demons from that last loss. No one really had an outstanding game but we got some solid performances from a lot of guys.

Tony looked, finished at the rim and was extremely efficient. Manu did similar things, finished some tough plays and didn't waste any of the chances he was given. The bench as whole played this way really. Kawhi was a little reserved in this one, didn't really establish himself until later in the game but he played well, had some huge steals.

The defense was extremely shaky at times. I liked the idea of having Green on Harden and Kawhi on Anderson and it worked really well until the Rockets switched up their P&R game then things just kinda fell apart.

We need more Dedmon, he's an instant fix for a lot of our issues on the defensive end and he can hold his own on the other end as well. I still don't get why we aren't staggering Pau and LMA more and Pau play with the bench mob. The idea of a Lee Gasol front court doesn't scare as much as the idea of poor interior defense burning us in crunch time does.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#8 » by Nolan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:58 pm

Phreak50 wrote:Pretty poor defense at times. So many open threes and again those Harden lobs embarrassed us.

Kawhi had a decent game but I was surprised to see his year fg% is at 45%. Way down from 50% or so from last year.

I'd take less scoring and more efficiency I think but I think with Pau finding his feet, Parker and Green back we will see that.

I'm not so worried about that, those numbers will come along and even if they don't he's still getting to the line at will which is huge for us.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."

Return to San Antonio Spurs