CP3 to Spurs

Moderator: G R E Y

Frankie23
Sixth Man
And1: 312

Re: CP3 to Spurs 

Post#21 » by Frankie23 » Thu Jun 1, 2017 12:08 am

Nolan wrote:
Frankie23 wrote:I don't see Spurs making major overhauls, specially because we can't compete with money/market size.
It has to be this sort of ring chasing/change the air thing that would bring CP3 for far less money than he's worth.

A swap between Pau and Millsap with LMA playing more minutes at center would improve our chances. I hope Kyle can take it to the next level being a key player off the bench with Murray being the back up point guard (we're definitely loosing Mills or Simmons).

Would be interesting if the Spurs can find a gem in the international arena

Hanaga might be that gem if he comes over. He's comparable to Simmons just a little more polished.

Bringing Hanga means not paying Simmons. Which i don't think Spurs could match what they will offer him anyway.
Hanga is faster than Simmons, probably a better shooter, but he needs time to adapt, whereas Simmons is already adapted to the system. But with Manu out, Spurs could need a playmaker and leader off the bench.

How long will TP take to come back?
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#22 » by Nolan » Thu Jun 1, 2017 12:41 pm

Frankie23 wrote:
Nolan wrote:
Frankie23 wrote:I don't see Spurs making major overhauls, specially because we can't compete with money/market size.
It has to be this sort of ring chasing/change the air thing that would bring CP3 for far less money than he's worth.

A swap between Pau and Millsap with LMA playing more minutes at center would improve our chances. I hope Kyle can take it to the next level being a key player off the bench with Murray being the back up point guard (we're definitely loosing Mills or Simmons).

Hanaga might be that gem if he comes over. He's comparable to Simmons just a little more polished.

Bringing Hanga means not paying Simmons. Which i don't think Spurs could match what they will offer him anyway.
Hanga is faster than Simmons, probably a better shooter, but he needs time to adapt, whereas Simmons is already adapted to the system. But with Manu out, Spurs could need a playmaker and leader off the bench.

January 2018.

If Manu retires we can probably afford to keep Simmons and bring Hanaga over at the same time. It's all depends on who we draft as well.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,711

Post#23 » by Sactowndog » Fri Jun 2, 2017 11:53 pm

With the post of CP3 wanting to come to the Spurs and the Kings cutting Tolliver to free up room, do we see a trade coming? The Kings are well aware of your overseas players? Especially the Serbians. Who do you think they want to take Parker?
Rockdoc
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#24 » by Rockdoc » Sat Jun 3, 2017 3:30 am

Mills is the best shooter have to keep him
unless the spurs are starting over (no way), Simmons is on his way to being a star
Parker, i just dont know if he has enough anymore. after that injury?
Aldridge HAS to go. Gasol plays some d, but Dedmon other than being hot headed brings energy we need.
I like Lee for reasonable price.
We need to spend the money on a offensive post player.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#25 » by imagump1313 » Sat Jun 3, 2017 1:02 pm

Sactowndog wrote:With the post of CP3 wanting to come to the Spurs and the Kings cutting Tolliver to free up room, do we see a trade coming? The Kings are well aware of your overseas players? Especially the Serbians. Who do you think they want to take Parker?

I honestly don't see us moving Parker ever and I also don't see someone else trading anything of value for him coming off an injury.
Sactowndog

Post#26 » by Sactowndog » Sat Jun 3, 2017 1:49 pm

imagump1313 wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:With the post of CP3 wanting to come to the Spurs and the Kings cutting Tolliver to free up room, do we see a trade coming? The Kings are well aware of your overseas players? Especially the Serbians. Who do you think they want to take Parker?

I honestly don't see us moving Parker ever and I also don't see someone else trading anything of value for him coming off an injury.

Parker is cap space you would have to clear to get CP3 and remain competitive.

Right now the Kings project to be at about 24 Million. This leaves them space to take both Parker and Gasol. (We could even take Parker and Aldridge but I think you need him to compete) That takes 31.5M off your cap space which is close to what you need to sign Paul. If you add this years 29 pick that's another 1.5M in cap hold space. That puts you around 58M which is enough space to sign CP3.

The questions are:
Can you afford and do you want Koufos (8M) to replace Gasol?

What do the Kings want for taking both the Parker and Gasol contracts beyond 29?
Cycloneon
Senior
And1: 717

Post#27 » by Cycloneon » Sat Jun 3, 2017 4:32 pm

Y'all gotta stop pitching the idea to trade Parker... It's not happening lol
Sactowndog

Post#28 » by Sactowndog » Sun Jun 4, 2017 2:59 am

Cycloneon wrote:Y'all gotta stop pitching the idea to trade Parker... It's not happening lol

I'm not pitching it. If you want CP3 you don't have a choice to clear enough cap space. You have to dump 2 of Aldridge, Parker and Gasol. Parker is the obvious one of two.

This thread is about acquiring CP3.
duncan21
Junior
And1: 63

Post#29 » by duncan21 » Sun Jun 4, 2017 10:22 am

Frankie23 wrote:
Nolan wrote:

LOL HANGA IS FASTER THAN SIMMONS ??? ARE U KIDDING ME ??? :lol:
duncan21
Junior

Post#30 » by duncan21 » Sun Jun 4, 2017 10:23 am

SPURS WILL NEVER MOVE PARKER//////////////// :P
duncan21
Junior

Post#31 » by duncan21 » Sun Jun 4, 2017 10:30 am

Sactowndog wrote:
Cycloneon wrote:Y'all gotta stop pitching the idea to trade Parker... It's not happening lol

I'm not pitching it. If you want CP3 you don't have a choice to clear enough cap space. You have to dump 2 of Aldridge, Parker and Gasol. Parker is the obvious one of two.

WOJ already said it's not gonna happen,Parker or manu is untradeable.............
they are the meanning of GDP
The Spurs's Cluture..............
San Antonio Spurs ain't Knicks or Rockets,they won't do it
duncan21
Junior

Post#32 » by duncan21 » Sun Jun 4, 2017 10:38 am

Kyle is proven he is unplayable in Playoffs,Simmons has more upside than kyle ever been
duncan21
Junior

Post#33 » by duncan21 » Sun Jun 4, 2017 10:41 am

Nolan wrote:

you guy are overrated Hanga,EuropeLeauge can't comaprable to NBA,they are not the same class
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by imagump1313 » Sun Jun 4, 2017 4:17 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:

Right now the Kings project to be at about 24 Million. This leaves them space to take both Parker and Gasol. (We could even take Parker and Aldridge but I think you need him to compete) That takes 31.5M off your cap space which is close to what you need to sign Paul. If you add this years 29 pick that's another 1.5M in cap hold space. That puts you around 58M which is enough space to sign CP3.

The questions are:

What do the Kings want for taking both the Parker and Gasol contracts beyond 29?

My main question to you is why on earth would you guys want Parker and Gasol????? Don't you want to have a good team someday?

And again, I understand what you are saying and as much as some people have had enough of Parker, this franchise is never going to trade him unless he asks them too and that is not happening. Its just not.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by imagump1313 » Sun Jun 4, 2017 4:25 pm

Sactowndog wrote:

I agree but I'm no capologist. But I can assure you that if this franchise is thinking about acquiring Chris Paul its certainly not doing so thinking they have to remove Parker. The Spurs simply do not work that way.
Sactowndog

Post#36 » by Sactowndog » Sun Jun 4, 2017 4:48 pm

imagump1313 wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:

The questions are:

My main question to you is why on earth would you guys want Parker and Gasol????? Don't you want to have a good team someday?

And again, I understand what you are saying and as much as some people have had enough of Parker, this franchise is never going to trade him unless he asks them too and that is not happening. Its just not.

Who says we want Parker and Gasol?

The bulk of our players are on rookie contracts so we have cap room to rent. Both Parker and Gasol only extend into 17-18 so that makes them good rentals. Aldridge extends another year which we could probably also handle.

1) The question is which 2 of the 3, because the rest is meaningless and won't clear enough space.

2) What do you pay us for the rental? I don't think 29 alone is likely enough.

3) Or do you pass on CP3 and think you can beat GS with what you have. (Unlikely)
Cycloneon
Senior
And1: 717

Post#37 » by Cycloneon » Sun Jun 4, 2017 5:04 pm

Anyone who entertains the idea of trading Parker to a bottom team should be figuratively executed lol

Why would a team trade for Parker's $15m contract when he especially wont even play for half the season lol
Frankie23
Sixth Man
And1: 312

Post#38 » by Frankie23 » Sun Jun 4, 2017 7:46 pm

duncan21 wrote:
Nolan wrote:

you guy are overrated Hanga,EuropeLeauge can't comaprable to NBA,they are not the same class

It's not about overrating Hanga. Simmons is going to get a big offer this summer and i don't think the Spurs will match, just because of cap space. More so, if they can get a FA like Chris Paul or any other. Simmons will be looking for a big contract, so it doesn't make sense that he'll take a paycut to stay.
Take a look at what his role has been these 2 years: role player off the bench with limited minutes. Athletic wing, good defense and some fire power, though inconsistent. That guy is taking a 10 mill/year contract (speculation). If you can get Hanga to do the same for peanuts, Spurs are taking Hanga.

Of your other quote, Anderson being worst than Simmons in the playoffs.. Yes, i'd chose Simmons, but again Simmons is a RFA who's gonna get a big offer while Kyle is still in his rookie contract.

I understand how you feel about Simmons, but you have to also consider NBA salary cap to analyze the future.
duncan21
Junior

Post#39 » by duncan21 » Sun Jun 4, 2017 7:55 pm

Frankie23 wrote:
duncan21 wrote:
Nolan wrote:

It's not about overrating Hanga. Simmons is going to get a big offer this summer and i don't think the Spurs will match, just because of cap space. More so, if they can get a FA like Chris Paul or any other. Simmons will be looking for a big contract, so it doesn't make sense that he'll take a paycut to stay.
Take a look at what his role has been these 2 years: role player off the bench with limited minutes. Athletic wing, good defense and some fire power, though inconsistent. That guy is taking a 10 mill/year contract (speculation). If you can get Hanga to do the same for peanuts, Spurs are taking Hanga.

Of your other quote, Anderson being worst than Simmons in the playoffs.. Yes, i'd chose Simmons, but again Simmons is a RFA who's gonna get a big offer while Kyle is still in his rookie contract.

I understand how you feel about Simmons, but you have to also consider NBA salary cap to analyze the future.

I think Simmons will stay,and sign about 6-8millions,if he is smart enough,he won't go to NYK, and I am not mind Hange replace Kyle next Season
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by imagump1313 » Mon Jun 5, 2017 12:42 am

Sactowndog wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

The questions are:

Who says we want Parker and Gasol?

The bulk of our players are on rookie contracts so we have cap room to rent. Both Parker and Gasol only extend into 17-18 so that makes them good rentals. Aldridge extends another year which we could probably also handle.

1) The question is which 2 of the 3, because the rest is meaningless and won't clear enough space.

2) What do you pay us for the rental? I don't think 29 alone is likely enough.

3) Or do you pass on CP3 and think you can beat GS with what you have. (Unlikely)

My personal opinion is to not overpay for an old PG. We don't need it. We move Kawhi to point-forward and ride with Murray. Then try to get a good swing who can score or get someone more reliable up front. Just my opinion. I think CP3 or any expensive PG is a mistake. The league is moving away from traditional PGs just like they are traditional big men.

Return to San Antonio Spurs