Around the NBA: Regular Season Edition

Moderator: G R E Y

JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,501

Re: Around the NBA: Regular Season Edition 

Post#141 » by JustBuzzin » Sun Mar 3, 2024 12:25 am

G R E Y wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:What do you guys think about Paul George in FA?

Would be a nice vet piece to add to the team. Get the #1 overall pick and the Spurs could be a contender overnight.

Hey well his two-way game and experience are big pluses, but his age, contract, and health are big minuses.

He'll be 34 at the start of next season when he has a PO for $48M. And he has not played more than 57 games in the last 5 years.

Tough factors, all the more so considering he wouldn't be growing with us for long.

True.

Wemby is so good I could legit see them adding a veteran all-star caliber player and become a legit contender overnight.

I imagine if you traded for a star it would probably cost your lottery pick correct?
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,720

Post#142 » by G R E Y » Sun Mar 3, 2024 1:43 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
G R E Y wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:What do you guys think about Paul George in FA?

Would be a nice vet piece to add to the team. Get the #1 overall pick and the Spurs could be a contender overnight.

Hey well his two-way game and experience are big pluses, but his age, contract, and health are big minuses.

He'll be 34 at the start of next season when he has a PO for $48M. And he has not played more than 57 games in the last 5 years.

Tough factors, all the more so considering he wouldn't be growing with us for long.

True.

Wemby is so good I could legit see them adding a veteran all-star caliber player and become a legit contender overnight.

I imagine if you traded for a star it would probably cost your lottery pick correct?

I mean it's all about leverage. There are whispers about Trae becoming available and wanting to be. We have a ton of picks but don't have to give the asking price, just outbid the other team(s).

We for sure have to upgrade the 1 and especially the 3 so your thinking at that position is on point with respect to talent level.

We have a lot of options and flexibility to go in several directions. Just depends on the opportunities that present themselves/we seek out.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#143 » by JustBuzzin » Sun Mar 3, 2024 1:56 am

G R E Y wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
G R E Y wrote:Hey well his two-way game and experience are big pluses, but his age, contract, and health are big minuses.

True.

I mean it's all about leverage. There are whispers about Trae becoming available and wanting to be. We have a ton of picks but don't have to give the asking price, just outbid the other team(s).

We for sure have to upgrade the 1 and especially the 3 so your thinking at that position is on point with respect to talent level.

We have a lot of options and flexibility to go in several directions. Just depends on the opportunities that present themselves/we seek out.
Trae would be a awesome fit. People forget he has already led a team to the conference Finals. He's never had a teammate like Wemby. I think that kind of move puts San Antonio in that contender status depending how they fill out the roster.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#144 » by JustBuzzin » Sun Mar 3, 2024 1:57 am

I also need to apologize because I said earlier in the season Wemby would be a project. Boy was I wrong!
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#145 » by imagump1313 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:38 am

Tankathon has us taking Zach Edey with our 2nd round pick :clap: :clap:

https://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

Return to San Antonio Spurs