Moderator: G R E Y

G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,734

Re: SPURS 2023-2024 REGULAR SEASON NEWS 

Post#81 » by G R E Y » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:24 am

Read on Twitter

Amazon Prime subscribers in the San Antonio market could soon be getting Spurs games delivered directly through the streaming service after a major announcement from Bally Sports' parent company.

On Wednesday, Diamond Sports Group, which owns 18 regional networks under the Bally Sports banner, announced a $450 million restructuring agreement nearly one year after filing for bankruptcy. Under terms of that agreement, Amazon made a minority investment in Diamond that would allow it to provide access to the Bally Sports network’s live sports services via Prime Video.

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/spurs-games-soon-streaming-amazon-prime-18613587.php
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
_jin
Sixth Man
And1: 2,104

Post#82 » by _jin » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:20 pm

G R E Y wrote:
_jin wrote::-o 8-)
Peter Holt watching Zaccharie Risacher in Eurocup, he had a great game, top scorer with 22 and 4/6 3pt

Read on Twitter

Thanks! Yeah saved that tweet for starting a draft thread tomorrow as there's more steam about our scouts (and now majority owner!) in the stands for different players, and now with about halfway through the season, we have a better idea of our range.

Will have to look into Risacher, Topic, Dillingham, Salaun, etc. Some are players I've heard we've scouted; some I like...

I'll certainly pass by that thread, I love the draft process and I'm very curious to see who Spurs are targeting to go with Wemby. Spurs scouts have been in europe those past few weeks, mostly in France, and have watched Risacher multiple times (including one game against Ajinca) and Salaun once, according to french journos.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#83 » by G R E Y » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:20 pm

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#84 » by G R E Y » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:13 am

Devin needs to get on this list:

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#85 » by imagump1313 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:40 am

G R E Y wrote:Devin needs to get on this list:

Read on Twitter

Vassell could easily be at the top of this list but he really doesn't utilize Wemby when they are on the floor much together at all.

Even Johnson, Sochan and Jones are doing a much better job lately in involving Wemby and they are slowly starting to realize that if they work to get open Wemby will get it back to them. Vassell doesn't seem to be learning this.

Weather Wemby is on the floor with him or not, Vassell is still chucking up contested shots left and right. He makes the game too hard on himself trying to play hero ball which creates many of his turnovers. All our guys suffer from this but he has surpassed Johnson as our biggest chucker by far.

If Wemby was involved correctly, there should be almost zero reason for anyone on this team to be taking contested shots when he is on the floor.

I remember saying last year that Vassell and Johnson do not play well together or feed off each other at all. Johnson is doing a little better now but Vassell is not, but its not as noticeable now because him not using Wemby is even more obvious.

I'm tired of complaining about how stupid our offense is. The way we run it is one of the biggest contributors to the turnovers. Our guys spend about 95% of the time trying to play Kobe ball and about 5% of the time actually working to create a good shot. Its infuriating.

Its also frustrating because our staff seems to give them little accountability for the lazy turnovers. Its always "Aww shucks! They are still young and learning"

No one on this team seems to get that its important to do two things. Take good shots and not turn the ball over. I really don't want Wemby falling into this black hole. He is a smart kid and seems to be learning this on his own but he is surrounded by people that don't seem to think its important
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#86 » by G R E Y » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:22 am

imagump1313 wrote:
G R E Y wrote:Devin needs to get on this list:

Read on Twitter

Vassell could easily be at the top of this list but he really doesn't utilize Wemby when they are on the floor much together at all.

Even Johnson, Sochan and Jones are doing a much better job lately in involving Wemby and they are slowly starting to realize that if they work to get open Wemby will get it back to them. Vassell doesn't seem to be learning this.

Weather Wemby is on the floor with him or not, Vassell is still chucking up contested shots left and right. He makes the game too hard on himself trying to play hero ball which creates many of his turnovers. All our guys suffer from this but he has surpassed Johnson as our biggest chucker by far.

If Wemby was involved correctly, there should be almost zero reason for anyone on this team to be taking contested shots when he is on the floor.

I remember saying last year that Vassell and Johnson do not play well together or feed off each other at all. Johnson is doing a little better now but Vassell is not, but its not as noticeable now because him not using Wemby is even more obvious.

I'm tired of complaining about how stupid our offense is. The way we run it is one of the biggest contributors to the turnovers. Our guys spend about 95% of the time trying to play Kobe ball and about 5% of the time actually working to create a good shot. Its infuriating.

Its also frustrating because our staff seems to give them little accountability for the lazy turnovers. Its always "Aww shucks! They are still young and learning"

No one on this team seems to get that its important to do two things. Take good shots and not turn the ball over. I really don't want Wemby falling into this black hole. He is a smart kid and seems to be learning this on his own but he is surrounded by people that don't seem to think its important

Yeah Devin is doubling down on bad shots for sure, has moments when he runs some P&Rs with Wemby and some when he uses Wemby as a giant red herring, hand up, man sealed, and there goes Devin taking a contested shot.

People were hankering for Tre to start. Well he is, and our overall D, O, and net ratings are actually much better. But that's with the outliers outlying.

I'm not at all worried about Wemby. He's on board with the long term plan. He's way WAY ahead of the bell curve which makes less experienced and less talented players around him look, well, there's no polite way to put it, BBIQ deficient.

I don't even mind us using him as a decoy now and again. He draws attention of Ds so much that it can be used to others' advantage. And his usage is up far more since being moved to C.

Also, teams like Cs are difficult for rebuild teams to look good against. They take away first, second options and leave opponents scrambling, and looking scrambled we did.

Disagree about lack of accountability, though. I do think guys have more leeway and learning through inexperience. But when there are errors of effort or when guys should know better by now, they sit. Branham is most conspicuous-starter to 6th man, to being benched in the second half a couple of games ago. Keldon has been good about the 6th man role, but if he defended worth a lick he may still be starting. Three starters were benched to start the second half a couple of games ago, too.

Pop yells at them plenty it's just more at halftime or in spots during games. But it's also about teaching. Guys will either get it or we get guys who will.

The guys who will be here after Feb trade deadline will change, the guys who will be here by next season will all the more so. They are playing for spots on the team.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#87 » by G R E Y » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:13 pm

Behind the scenes...

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#88 » by G R E Y » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:03 am

COME ON, NBA!

Read on Twitter

LET'S ALL STAR WEMBY!
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#89 » by imagump1313 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:22 am

G R E Y wrote:COME ON, NBA!

Read on Twitter

LET'S ALL STAR WEMBY!

Honestly couldnt care less if he's an all-star. (Just like Duncan, Manu and Parker)

Would rather he concentrate on the Spurs and getting better and not being involved in the All-Star weekend sess pool of shady agents and players trying to influence him
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#90 » by G R E Y » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:37 am

imagump1313 wrote:

Read on Twitter

LET'S ALL STAR WEMBY!

Honestly couldnt care less if he's an all-star. (Just like Duncan, Manu and Parker)

Would rather he concentrate on the Spurs and getting better and not being involved in the All-Star weekend sess pool of shady agents and players trying to influence him

Yeah that's a good point. I just figured, well he'll be there anyway, for that rookie vs. sophomore matchup (assuming that's still a thing, I don't even know lol) and he said he'd be there for the skills competition. And in a season with few bright spots, seeing Wemby rightly rewarded for his stellar play would be one.

It's a good thing he's been super popular for a long time, used to hangers on, though I agree this is another level. I'm sure Spurs and Wemby's support team have a plan. Did you hear what he said when asked if he liked Vegas, the capital of turning everyman into all-star? On Sin City: "I mean, to me, it's probably the closest thing on Earth to a dystopia" :o

He'll be going for his whole long career so it's a matter of managing it.

Overall, just want to see him recognized en route to ROY.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#91 » by imagump1313 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:39 am

G R E Y wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:

Read on Twitter

LET'S ALL STAR WEMBY!

Yeah that's a good point. I just figured, well he'll be there anyway, for that rookie vs. sophomore matchup (assuming that's still a thing, I don't even know lol) and he said he'd be there for the skills competition. And in a season with few bright spots, seeing Wemby rightly rewarded for his stellar play would be one.

It's a good thing he's been super popular for a long time, used to hangers on, though I agree this is another level. I'm sure Spurs and Wemby's support team have a plan. Did you hear what he said when asked if he liked Vegas, the capital of turning everyman into all-star? On Sin City: "I mean, to me, it's probably the closest thing on Earth to a dystopia" :o

He'll be going for his whole long career so it's a matter of managing it.

Overall, just want to see him recognized en route to ROY.

Yeah, he seems really smart for his years. I would just rather limit his time being anywhere near Clutch and the rest of the scam artists. He seems just to want to play basketball and not be a WWE wrestler for entertainment like what the NBA wants which i love about him.

At least the game is in Indiana and not Vegas. First time the poor kid went to Vegas Brittany Spears tried to derail him :lol:
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#92 » by G R E Y » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:07 pm

Interesting. Nice to get insights into players:

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#93 » by G R E Y » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:29 pm

Happy Birthday, Pop! :clap:

Many happy, healthy more!

Read on Twitter

EDIT to add:

With coach Gregg Popovich turning 75 on Sunday, the Spurs sang "Happy Birthday" to him at shootaround Monday morning.

"It might be my first time ever singing to him," point guard Tre Jones said. "Jeremy led that charge. He was all in on it. (Popovich) was in good spirits for it.”

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/wembanyama-showing-steady-improvement-deep-threat-18635145.php
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#94 » by G R E Y » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:39 pm

5'10" at 9 years old lmao

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#95 » by G R E Y » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:41 pm

Congratulations, Dom!

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#96 » by G R E Y » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:06 pm

:o well well well...

Read on Twitter

If this is where we are while at the bottom of the West, imagine where a good Spurs team will rank.

This too is being carefully monitored I'm sure...

EDIT to add:

:o :o :o

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#97 » by G R E Y » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:19 pm

CONGRATULATIONS, WEMBY!!!!

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#98 » by G R E Y » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:35 pm

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#99 » by G R E Y » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:36 am

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#100 » by G R E Y » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:38 am

Yep. There's organic development in a rebuild, and now there's Wemby-time rebuild. Adjustments are coming. All aboard!

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way

Return to San Antonio Spurs