Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,711

Re: SPURS 2023-2024 REGULAR SEASON NEWS 

Post#63 » by G R E Y » Thu Jan 4, 2024 1:51 pm

HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS, WEMBY!

Twenty years young. The best is yet to come. Future is limitless. But I hope he enjoys this day first.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#64 » by G R E Y » Thu Jan 4, 2024 6:52 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#65 » by G R E Y » Thu Jan 4, 2024 9:27 pm

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#66 » by G R E Y » Thu Jan 4, 2024 9:29 pm

:o

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#67 » by G R E Y » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:10 pm

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#68 » by G R E Y » Tue Jan 9, 2024 6:15 pm

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#69 » by G R E Y » Tue Jan 9, 2024 6:48 pm

What?

Read on Twitter

Exploratory is where I hope this stays.

He wanted out, making all kinds of signals. **** on Pop and Derrick and the FO after he left, has led two teams to below mid results, isn't fixing anything for us this season, and we're supposed to give assets back for him?

It's been drama free. He's a heavy usage player taking shots away from Dev who we want to develop a two-man game with Wemby.

And speaking of Wemby, I don't want DJ anywhere near him whispering poison in his ear.

I don't want Klutch anywhere near Wemby either.

**** **** deal all around.

If we want a PG, then get Tyus or someone like that who is team first and likely less costly.

I get the need for PG upgrades but goodness this isn't it.

Keep that me-first 'I work too hard to not win... You don't know all the behind the scenes stuff - that FO will be losing for 15 years... Pop manipulated me... Derrick was a yes man' bull **** drama far FAR away from our guys.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
_jin
Sixth Man
And1: 2,104

Post#70 » by _jin » Tue Jan 9, 2024 10:17 pm

G R E Y wrote:What?

Read on Twitter

He wanted out, making all kinds of signals. **** on Pop and Derrick and the FO after he left, has led two teams to below mid results, isn't fixing anything for us this season, and we're supposed to give assets back for him?

It's been drama free. He's a heavy usage player taking shots away from Dev who we want to develop a two-man game with Wemby.

And speaking of Wemby, I don't want DJ anywhere near him whispering poison in his ear.

If we want a PG, then get Tyus or someone like that who is team first and likely less costly.

Keep that me-first 'I work too hard to not win... You don't know all the behind the scenes stuff - that FO will be losing for 15 years... Pop manipulated me... Derrick was a yes man' bull **** drama far FAR away from our guys.

I know about the past drama with Murray but iirc, it was on Stephen Jackson's podcast and we know he jumps on any chance to diss the Spurs. When Hawks were in SA in november, he had an interview where he praised the city, the fans and the team and said SA was like a 2nd home to him, so he doesnt seem to be holding any grudge, and if this report is to be believed and Spurs' interest is genuine, it'd seem like Pop & co arent holding grudges either.
Personally as a non-Spurs fan who doesnt really care about the past, I like the idea of Murray, as long as he's closer to SA Murray than Atlanta Murray. And you could probably manage to bring Patty Mills back in the deal for next to nothing, I bet he'd prefer warming the Spurs bench rather than the Hawks'.
But then it depends on what the Hawks want, the problem being they dont want to look like stupid marks in public by buying a player and then selling him for 50c on the dollar, which is Murray's current value.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#71 » by G R E Y » Tue Jan 9, 2024 10:45 pm

_jin wrote:

Read on Twitter

I know about the past drama with Murray but iirc, it was on Stephen Jackson's podcast and we know he jumps on any chance to diss the Spurs. When Hawks were in SA in november, he had an interview where he praised the city, the fans and the team and said SA was like a 2nd home to him, so he doesnt seem to be holding any grudge, and if this report is to be believed and Spurs' interest is genuine, it'd seem like Pop & co arent holding grudges either.
Personally as a non-Spurs fan who doesnt really care about the past, I like the idea of Murray, as long as he's closer to SA Murray than Atlanta Murray. And you could probably manage to bring Patty Mills back in the deal for next to nothing, I bet he'd prefer warming the Spurs bench rather than the Hawks'.
But then it depends on what the Hawks want, the problem being they dont want to look like stupid marks in public by buying a player and then selling him for 50c on the dollar, which is Murray's current value.

Pop's personal relationships with players are just that. It's between them. The bigger issues are around DJ drama on social media, started by him, first by unfollowing Spurs and deleting photos with him and Pop because after he returned after injury he struggled with the starters and so Pop went back to Derrick who had filled in the entire year Murray was injured.

Then when we went younger, it was a DJ-centric O and we were still at best a mid team struggling for a play-in spot.

Then he stopped wearing Spurs gear in summer workouts like he used to, was wearing red, working out with Trae Young, and **** posting stuff like oh he works too hard to not win, he just wants to win. As opposed to who? His then teammates?

So he gets shipped off to his summer workout buddy's team and goes all **** storm on the Spurs. He posted on IG that the way our FO works we won't be winning anything for the next 15 years.

Then on SJax show talked about how Pop would put him up against Derrick White in practice, how he would play mind games with DJ in doing so (what?) and how Derrick was a yes man.

Notice how Derrick is loved by both franchises and fan bases (Spurs, Cs) and how Murray is a lightning rod for drama wherever he goes? Even in the summer after the trade Murray was acting up on the court, showing up opponents, starting a beef with Banchero.

PATFO was reportedly surprised and put off by Murray's comments so whatever moving on has gone on, there's even more consistent behaviour and info to go by.

We deemed DJ not part of the core (for many factors, on and off the court) and went full rebuild mode. I don't mind looking for short term PG help but hard to see how or why we'd help out Hawks given we have their unprotected picks.

DJ is also about DJ first. He has this me against the world mentality whenever things go sideways. Once again he deleted team allegiance, now to Hawks, off social media :roll:

He is also a stats first guy who takes possessions away from others we want to have the ball more. It's why, in part, we put Keldon to the bench.

Lastly, given Trae is Hawks' core superstar player, I can't help but think this is being done with his knowledge and approval. Curious, that.

Don't like the game, attitude, cost in assets, and affect on the team. And that's without considering all the ways he shot his mouth off. All the more against it with the crap he said.

We should not be burning assets that would surely be costly on a guy not part of our core. Costly bridge acquisition that's not quite the fit.

Anyway, exploratory is just that. Due diligence, not a committed target. If we're looking, best focus elsewhere.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
_jin
Sixth Man

Post#72 » by _jin » Tue Jan 9, 2024 10:55 pm

G R E Y wrote:
_jin wrote:

Read on Twitter

Pop's personal relationships with players are just that. It's between them. The bigger issues are around DJ drama on social media, started by him, first by unfollowing Spurs and deleting photos with him and Pop because after he returned after injury he struggled with the starters and so Pop went back to Derrick who had filled in the entire year Murray was injured.

Then when we went younger, it was a DJ-centric O and we were still at best a mid team struggling for a play-in spot.

Then he stopped wearing Spurs gear in summer workouts like he used to, was wearing red, working out with Trae Young, and **** posting stuff like oh he works too hard to not win, he just wants to win. As opposed to who? His then teammates?

So he gets shipped off to his summer workout buddy's team and goes all **** storm on the Spurs. He posted on IG that the way our FO works we won't be winning anything for the next 15 years.

Then on SJax show talked about how Pop would put him up against Derrick White in practice, how he would play mind games with DJ in doing so (what?) and how Derrick was a yes man.

Notice how Derrick is loved by both franchises and fan bases (Spurs, Cs) and how Murray is a lightning rod for drama wherever he goes? Even in the summer after the trade Murray was acting up on the court, showing up opponents, starting a beef with Banchero.

PATFO was reportedly surprised and put off by Murray's comments so whatever moving on has gone on, there's even more consistent behaviour and info to go by.

We deemed DJ not part of the core (for many factors, on and off the court) and went full rebuild mode. I don't mind looking for short term PG help but hard to see how or why we'd help out Hawks given we have their unprotected picks.

DJ is also about DJ first. He has this me against the world mentality whenever things go sideways. Once again he deleted team allegiance, now to Hawks, off social media :roll:

He is also a stats first guy who takes possessions away from others we want to have the ball more. It's why, in part, we put Keldon to the bench.

Lastly, given Trae is Hawks' core superstar player, I can't help but think this is being done with his knowledge and approval. Curious, that.

Don't like the game, attitude, cost in assets, and affect on the team. And that's without considering all the ways he shot his mouth off. All the more against it with the crap he said.

We should not be burning assets that would surely be costly on a guy not part of our core. Costly bridge acquisition that's not quite the fit.

Anyway, exploratory is just that. Due diligence, not a committed target. If we're looking, best focus elsewhere.

Ah ok I wasn't aware of all the history, thanks for clarifying, as I said I'm not a Spurs fan so I dont follow them closely, well actually I follow them very closely now because of Wemby but not before. It makes sense and I dont think he's the perfect fit but if you can get someone of his caliber without giving away one of your core guys (which I consider right now are Wemby, Vassell, Keldon and Sochan, with the latter 2 expendables if a huge opportunity presented itself), just to help with the current team's develoment, it'd be nice. But I totally understand why Spurs fans wouldnt want to have anything to do with him considering all that. And as I mentionned, you'd probably be the one team forced to overpay because Hawks FO wont want to look like losers (they kind of already do by making that trade when everybody agreed that they shouldn't and now backpedaling on it).
Personally I'd love if the Spurs could add Tyus Jones, he's a solid no-nonsense PG who takes care of the ball, would help the team improve and would not impede the PG that you'll probably draft with one of your 2 top picks. I have no idea what his market will be in the summer and how much he will command so I dont know if it's realistic.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#73 » by G R E Y » Tue Jan 9, 2024 11:14 pm

:o :nod:

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#74 » by imagump1313 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:29 pm

Read on Twitter

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#75 » by G R E Y » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:50 pm

This without Spurs socials not mentioning a single word about it!

Read on Twitter

So why haven't Spurs socials made any posts encouraging fans to vote for Wemby?!
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#76 » by G R E Y » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:25 am

Tony's a bit of a blabbermouth, eh? :lol:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Stop leaking our good surprises! - the Spurs, probably lol
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#77 » by G R E Y » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:58 pm

LFG WEMBY!

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#78 » by G R E Y » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:51 pm

:lol:

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
_jin
Sixth Man

Post#79 » by _jin » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:16 am

:-o 8-)
Peter Holt watching Zaccharie Risacher in Eurocup, he had a great game, top scorer with 22 and 4/6 3pt

Read on Twitter
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#80 » by G R E Y » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:42 am

_jin wrote::-o 8-)
Peter Holt watching Zaccharie Risacher in Eurocup, he had a great game, top scorer with 22 and 4/6 3pt

Read on Twitter

Thanks! Yeah saved that tweet for starting a draft thread tomorrow as there's more steam about our scouts (and now majority owner!) in the stands for different players, and now with about halfway through the season, we have a better idea of our range.

Will have to look into Risacher, Topic, Dillingham, Salaun, etc. Some are players I've heard we've scouted; some I like...
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way

Return to San Antonio Spurs