SPURS GAME DAY! GAME 80: SPURS AT THUNDER, 10-4-2024, 7PM (CT)

Moderator: G R E Y

G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,861

Re: SPURS GAME DAY! GAME 80: SPURS AT THUNDER, 10-4-2024, 7PM (CT) 

Post#21 » by G R E Y » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:48 am

imagump1313 wrote:This is such a shame to watch. The Spurs and OKC were on similar paths to both be good again together. They are a little ahead of schedule but are really good already and we are total ass.......

Maaaaaate, what? They had three seasons of like 25 or fewer wins.

We have like 7 players out. They're playing their regular starters. We're playing literal G-Leaguers.

This upcoming draft is year 2. 2025 - when we have unprotected and top 10 picks from other teams in a deep draft is crucial.

They got a chance to play through it. We should, too.

This game isn't of course any sort of indication of respective trajectories.

Let's see where we are after two or three quality drafts.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#22 » by G R E Y » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:49 am

3RD Q: SPURS 64 THUNDER 98

HEY we were within one, this Q, 30-29.

Yeah that's all I've got.

GSG
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#23 » by imagump1313 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:56 am

G R E Y wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:This is such a shame to watch. The Spurs and OKC were on similar paths to both be good again together. They are a little ahead of schedule but are really good already and we are total ass.......

We have like 7 players out. They're playing their regular starters. We're playing literal G-Leaguers.

This upcoming draft is year 2. 2025 - when we have unprotected and top 10 picks from other teams in a deep draft is crucial.

I'm not saying this game in particular. I'm saying as a whole. This game was a given.
If you would have asked me in September I would have said these would be two play in teams or better at this point.

They have over-achieved this year and even with the edition of Wemby, our team has regressed horribly. Sorry I'm not going to rah rah a bad product. The only thing we have is Wemby and no real plan that I can see.

I just cant wait for this season to be over....
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#24 » by G R E Y » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:00 am

imagump1313 wrote:
G R E Y wrote:

I'm not saying this game in particular. I'm saying as a whole. This game was a given.
If you would have asked me in September I would have said these would be two play in teams or better at this point.

They have over-achieved this year and even with the edition of Wemby, our team has regressed horribly. Sorry I'm not going to rah rah a bad product. The only thing we have is Wemby and no real plan that I can see.

I just cant wait for this season to be over....

Well sure, I thought this season we'd be better.

I think PATFO expected as much, too, but it's been instructive as to who we keep.

Don't agree about no plan.

OKC lucked into a deal they could bend over a trading partner for which greatly helped. For a long while they were the contract dump for picks team. There wasn't much to cheer for.

We're in a great position with a plethora of quality picks, great cap management and contracts, and we could do a lot with them.

I happen to think we'll most likely stick to drafting well at least this season and next (again, we have other teams' high assets so we don't have to suck) but it sure would be nice to field starters around Wemby asap lol

Anyway, I'm off to SA for the final two games of the season and some sunshine and R&R!

(Probably the last time I can get good seats for good prices...).
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by imagump1313 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:55 am

G R E Y wrote:
Anyway, I'm off to SA for the final two games of the season and some sunshine and R&R!

Have fun! Always a good time in SA!

I expect to see you sitting right behind PoP!
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#26 » by G R E Y » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:27 am

imagump1313 wrote:
G R E Y wrote:

Thanks!

Ha! Yeah those seats are never available lol even in the lean years so alas no but I do try to get good views of the bench interacting and Pop and assistant coaches with the players. Always a cool experience you don't get to see on TV.

Have you been?
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by imagump1313 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:51 am

G R E Y wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:
G R E Y wrote:

Thanks!

Ha! Yeah those seats are never available lol even in the lean years so alas no but I do try to get good views of the bench interacting and Pop and assistant coaches with the players. Always a cool experience you don't get to see on TV.

Have you been?

I've been in the corner next to the bench 2 different times in Detroit when the Spurs are in town. I have not been to a game in SA before.
You get soo much more seeing the interactions and conversations up close during a game though.

I would pay good money to have a bench cam where you can see and hear whats going on near the bench.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#28 » by G R E Y » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:27 pm

^ Yeah me too. Bench cam as added extra paid feature would likely be very popular, and because of micro analysis that comes with social media, it would wreak havoc. Would love to see that feature; too bad it's never going to happen.

As to this game, the result is forgettable, but I should have posted these new bench marks we did nevertheless set:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

The top teams are also top in 3s efficiency. We ranked last in efficiency this season at 34.5%. Last season we ranked 26th at ... no joke exactly 34.5%. So yeah, there's internal development and there's getting guys who have a knack for making them well, be it draft or FA or trades. It's simply an area we must improve.

We set a record for most 3s made ever because we ranked 11th in attempts at 36.5 per game. Last season we're ranked 20th at 32.2. So even with the same efficiency (very weird given like half the team is different this season) we made more because we took more. That's at least one thing we did better - take the open shot.

Another feature I do like is our assists. I keep being told that it's ignorant to equate passing with assists, and I'm not saying assists are the be all for quality passing, but as a lone indicator for a young team needing to understand good to great and finding others via an extra pass, it's a solid stat for us.

We ranked 5th in assists per game at 27.2, just.1 behind 3rd.

Anyway, thought I'd acknowledge some good of this season.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way

Return to San Antonio Spurs