Is Damon Stoudamire playing tonight? Goose eggs..

Moderator: G R E Y

mafesto
Freshman
And1: 0

Is Damon Stoudamire playing tonight? Goose eggs.. 

Post#1 » by mafesto » Wed Feb 6, 2008 12:51 am

Yahoo box scores say he has played 6.23 but he has no stats at all, can anyone watching or following the game let me know if he's actually playing?
Fantasy Hoopz Podcast - available on iTunes - the only dedicated fantasy podcast for all your fantrasy ball needs
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#2 » by HarlemHeat37 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 1:20 am

he's playing, and playing very well..he made a 3, and missed one..got blocked on a shot..but the stroke was nice..he's penetrating nicely, and passing the ball around nicely..

would have had some assists if others could have finishes..I'm happy with what he brought in the 1st half..
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#3 » by Ballings7 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 2:46 am

Definitely a good debut for him
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
CoachPop
Junior
And1: 126

Post#4 » by CoachPop » Wed Feb 6, 2008 3:03 am

That was about as good a debut as I could have hoped for for him. Played within the system, never looked out of place. Didn't force any shots, kept up on D, and his stroked looked sweet. Looks like he'll be able to help us a lot this season.
Magz50
Head Coach
And1: 114

Post#5 » by Magz50 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 2:43 pm

11 points. Nice effort without knowing our system yet. Once he knows his spots his stats will definitely pick up. Once TP is back and Manu plays in the second unit with him that's gona be a tough unit to beat.
Rique
Senior
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Rique » Wed Feb 6, 2008 4:46 pm

Magz50 wrote:11 points. Nice effort without knowing our system yet. Once he knows his spots his stats will definitely pick up. Once TP is back and Manu plays in the second unit with him that's gona be a tough unit to beat.

I am really looking forward to this. I think this second unit will be really fun to watch. Finally having another legit offensive threat will help out very much. I think Damon will enjoy playing with the second unit. He won't like the not starting part, but he will enjoy the extra freedom and higher offensive responsibility given to him with the second unit.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#7 » by Ballings7 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 5:07 pm

I don't think not starting should or will even be a factor in his mind when Tony comes back.

But yeah, this only adds to our depth. He looked cool out there in black and silver. :)
Magz50
Head Coach
And1: 114

Post#8 » by Magz50 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 5:16 pm

Starting 5:

Oberto
TD
Bowen
Finley
Parker

3 pt barrage back up team

Horry
Ime/ Bonner
Barry/ Finley
Manu
Damon

Defensive lock down team

Duncan
Ime
Bowen
Manu
Vaughn

Small Ball offensive:

Duncan
Ime
Manu
Parker
Damon

Man i'm liking our team alot now once we're healthy! Adding Damon has really given us another dimension. Sure he's not as high profile as Webber/ Shaq/ Gasol, but to our team he can be just as important in the playoffs this year. :D
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#9 » by Ballings7 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 8:27 pm

Yeah

What some people don't realize is that while Damon's not what he used to be, with how he is, his impact is heightened on this team. Being a role-player, and making the game easier on him. He can still legitimately play too, it's not like he's in his late 30s or something.

Return to San Antonio Spurs