ENOUGH

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Re: ENOUGH 

Post#21 » by Sweezo » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:30 pm

Kane2111 wrote:I truly do not appreciate this. It's bad enough losing my home team. Not being able to go to Key Arena and celebrate the Sonics exhibitions. But to have my fellow Sonic fans turn on me and persecute me for being a troll?

Fixed.

Your act is tiresome, and the amount of people you're outsmarting is zero.
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Ex-hippie » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:32 pm

Woo-hoo, I win the internets!!1!
Kane2111
Banned User

Post#23 » by Kane2111 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:34 pm

What's the definition of "Troll"? The only board I care to contribute to is this one. How can you troll from within? Was I "Trolling" when I was standing outside the Key Arena parking garage in the mid 90s getting Gary Payton's John Hancock? How about the several dollars I dropped over the years on tickets and merchandise so that I could be just like you kind folks? I feel as though I've lost a family member (the Sonics) and my siblings (you kind folks) have banished me for my grief.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#24 » by jenn_gp » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:36 pm

Go bother the Celtic fans LarBrd....

You're not wanted here. We don't care about you or your mother's gout! The fact that you bring that into this shows how serious you are. Stop attempting to screw around with us and get the hell out of here.
Kane2111
Banned User

Post#25 » by Kane2111 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:38 pm

jenn_gp wrote:Go bother the Celtic fans LarBrd....

You're not wanted here. We don't care about you or your mother's gout! The fact that you bring that into this shows how serious you are. Stop attempting to screw around with us and get the hell out of here.

Jenn, I thought you had ignored me. Please do not make insensitive remarks about my mother's gout. She wasn't the most lively and kind woman, but that doesn't give you the right to put down her physical defects like you knew her. Again... lets please get back on topic of the Seattle SuperSonics and keep the cold-hearted insults to a minimum.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by Sweezo » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:16 pm

....aaaaand he's gone. Thank God.
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#27 » by jenn_gp » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:20 pm

Woooohooooooo!
Thank you Sweez!
NateMustGo
Starter
And1: 1

Post#28 » by NateMustGo » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:39 pm

Priceless fellas! :laugh:
S0yb3anB0y
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#29 » by S0yb3anB0y » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:52 am

elbowthrower, I live in the West Side too. I do have a lot of muscle around the West Side, South Side area. Just holla if you need help. Not trying to instigate but just letting trolls know that I will not tolerate anyone calling my fellow realgm sonic fans out.
TheUrbanZealot
Junior
And1: 4

Post#30 » by TheUrbanZealot » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:02 am

I must say, I am still a little rattled at what the guy did to get waived. You can seriously get waived for PERCEIVED passive aggressive behavior? My God, what has happened to this board?
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by KingInExile » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:36 am

^^No, but you can get waived for being a poster who was previously been banned in the past...which was the case with Kane that Swezzo was able to prove.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by Sweezo » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:19 am

TheUrbanZealot wrote:I must say, I am still a little rattled at what the guy did to get waived. You can seriously get waived for PERCEIVED passive aggressive behavior? My God, what has happened to this board?

Congrats on reading none of the posts in this thread.
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#33 » by jenn_gp » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:27 am

TheUrbanZealot wrote:I must say, I am still a little rattled at what the guy did to get waived. You can seriously get waived for PERCEIVED passive aggressive behavior? My God, what has happened to this board?

Come on Urban. Where were you the past week? The guy was the same person as LarBrd33.
TheUrbanZealot
Junior

Post#34 » by TheUrbanZealot » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:23 pm

Sweezo wrote:

Congrats on reading none of the posts in this thread.

Uh I read every single post in this thread, hence my response. All i gathered was a guy who is probably using this as a means of seeking attention, albeit not saying anything malicious at all. The one constant I gathered is that the responses to his post were more vicious than his very posts, yet none of those people get disciplined. I just find there to be a strange polarization with this thread. I mean, even if the guy was "baiting people" doesn't everyone have the option of ignoring him? He did not say anything which violates the T&C of this board.

I think what happened is we have a sensitive board in was perceiving a guy to use passive/aggressive behavior to bait them into a touchy response. It always seemed to me that the best way to thwart the antics of an attention seeker is to , well, not give that attention seeker any attention...

Otherwise, there really is no need to just ban people from posting. I mean damn, you can't just tell someone "you are LarBrd33" and then ban them, without zero concrete evidence (e.g. IP address) or someting alluding to that fact. Even then, i didn't think that guy was malicious either.

I know our board is fairly classy in comparison to some others, but let's not forget the freedom in speech that is represented in forums as such. Short of violating the T&C, which he/she was not, there was no reason to ban him, he/she simply should have been ignored,
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#35 » by jenn_gp » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:32 pm

TheUrbanZealot wrote:Otherwise, there really is no need to just ban people from posting. I mean damn, you can't just tell someone "you are LarBrd33" and then ban them, without zero concrete evidence (e.g. IP address) or someting alluding to that fact. Even then, i didn't think that guy was malicious either.

I'm assuming that Sweezo was able to get Kane's IP Address and found it matched LarBrd33's location.

I think Sweezo found enough concrete evidence to present it with other mods and was able to waive Kane, hence KingInExile's presence in the thread.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by Sweezo » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:04 pm

TheUrbanZealot wrote:Otherwise, there really is no need to just ban people from posting. I mean damn, you can't just tell someone "you are LarBrd33" and then ban them, without zero concrete evidence (e.g. IP address) or someting alluding to that fact. Even then, i didn't think that guy was malicious either.

Hey, I agree completely...

You seem to misunderstand the amount of access you should have to why decisions are made.
MattTorgenrud
Banned User

Post#37 » by MattTorgenrud » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:22 pm

I would like to echo some of UrbanZealot's comments.

Wow. I've been lurking this board for a while. I felt compelled to finally create an account and post after seeing what I perceive as a great injustice on this board. I understand forums are a dictatorship governed by the moderation committee, but I've been reading the posts on this board and I'm pretty shocked by how you guys are handling things.

I managed to read some of LarBrd33's posts. That guy was a hot-headed, angry, frustrated poster. After the Sonics announced their move, he kind of lost it and went on a tirade about it. That emotional instability can be expected (as it has been mirroed by a few of the posters here who have gone off the handle with the insults). His low point came when he suggested (likely in jest) that everyone on the board don Guy Fawkes masks and burn down Key Arena. That can't be taken seriously. But people took out their frustration by banning him.

Kane was a different breed of character. He was far more sympathetic and calm. He seemed from this thread to be genuinely concerned about how he was perceived and continually made efforts to sway the topic back to the Sonics. I think it's unfair for a group to banish him for what they perceived as "passive aggressive" behavior. Couldn't have been that he was just sharing his sadness with the board about the loss of this once proud franchise? The Sonics are dead enough... do we need to kill off all the supporters as well?

Plus, he brought up some valid points and concepts that were met with universal panic and distraught behavior. He was clearly a Sonic fan, but expressed valid points about the lack of Sonic support in this city. For that, people attacked him. That's unfair and rather unusual. And because of it, he's become a martyr of the RealGM boards. This place has been lifeless since he left. Check out the previous threads... the only person who was bringing actual discussion about the Sonics was Kane. Kane, Kane, Kane, Kane. Other than that, the only discussion on here has been ABOUT Kane. You guys just killed off arguably your most significant contributor. And in all likliness this board will die off in a whimper for axing the only person who seemed to actually care about the team.

Unacceptable behavior, if you ask me.
MattTorgenrud
Banned User

Post#38 » by MattTorgenrud » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:32 pm

S0yb3anB0y wrote:elbowthrower, I live in the West Side too. I do have a lot of muscle around the West Side, South Side area. Just holla if you need help. Not trying to instigate but just letting trolls know that I will not tolerate anyone calling my fellow realgm sonic fans out.

This is the kind of thing i'm talking about. How is this acceptable on a Sonics forum. Here we have a poster who is essentially making PHYSICAL THREATS to a poster on a basketball board. He left it "cryptic" and open, but he was clearly alluding to seeking out Kane and using his "muscle" to take him down. How the heck is this acceptable behavior? As far as I can tell, Kane remained calm, collected and civil while the people around him were flinging insults left and right. And I think half this board is guilty of breaking the TOS by making threats, being vulgar and profane, etc. And yet the only one to take the fall is this Kane character?

Again, why is this guy's banishiment met with joy? It's a tribute to the psychology of this board. A "moral" victory. Everyone here is defeated and depressed and they take some kind of pride in vanquishing a feared and dangerous enemy. It's ridiculous. Kane was one of your own. He repeatedly mentioned his ties to Seattle, his love for the Payton Sonics and his views on the current situation... and yet you people met him with widespread group hate. Whoever started that witch hunt should be ashamed of yourselves. The guy gets banned and this board goes limp for 2 days. Do you feel proud and happy about your accomplishment? Cutting off his only venue to express his passion for the team? I don't understand it at all. You guys were once a viable source of inside Sonics information and "behind-the-scenes" insite, but now it's just a mini-cult of hate mongering disappointment. Lets take a cue from the vanquished Kane and swing the discussion back to the SEATTLE SUPERSONICS.

Taking a cue from the fallen "enemy".... If you ask me... this board deserves a better class of poster. Things have gotten out of control here. In my opinion... Kane should be brought back. And maybe even LarBrd33. Heck, they were both a little "off"... just let them argue with each other until they run themselves tired. If it was the same person... all the better. It'll make for some high humor.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by Sweezo » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:51 pm

This issue is not up for discussion. If you have problems with a decision that's been made, report it to a global mod or to an admin.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball