Anyone still here?

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Anyone still here? 

Post#1 » by Gek » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:59 pm

Are you Thunder fans now? Did you pick up a new team? Do you hate the NBA now?
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
walchy
RealGM
And1: 923

Re: Where did all of the Sonics fans go? 

Post#2 » by walchy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:07 am

I'm a timberwolves fan.

I was never a sonics fan, i just thought i'd point it out./
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,283

Post#3 » by ruckus » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:14 am

This is like RealGM purgatory.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#4 » by Rasho Brezec » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:02 am

Oooh, a hidden spot. I feel all warm and safe.
Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Post#5 » by Gek » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:24 pm

Grow up.
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#6 » by jenn_gp » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:26 pm

We are all connected on FB and tend to communicate on there instead of here...

A lot of us are sour on the NBA, but some like me are still waiting for a new team. No I don't root for the Thunder. F@ck the Thunder..
As for why it's quiet here...do you really think there is anything we can talk about? I do appreciate RealGM's gracious offer to keep it open, cause one day we'll be back. Hopefully sooner than later.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#7 » by Rasho Brezec » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:47 pm

You should lobby for Kings to move to Seattle. LA doesn't need 3 teams.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#8 » by Sweezo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:06 am

Rasho Brezec wrote:You should lobby for Kings to move to Seattle. LA doesn't need 3 teams.

So, we should find enjoyment in the misery of Sacramento fans? Screw that. I'd rather see the NBA stick the Kings in L.A., watch the league continue to struggle with revenue, and see Stern ousted. As long as he's in charge this nonsense will just keep happening.
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 929

Post#9 » by kdawg32086 » Sun Jul 3, 2011 6:21 am

Sweezo & co. you can always join us in the Blazers forum. It's not the same but I think all the northwest basketball fans can have a good time together.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#10 » by BenjaminH » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:39 am

This is my first time visiting realgm sonics in a few years. Wow. I just became a general NBA fan without a specific team. Played a lot of fantasy.

Now we don't even have that. It looks like you're getting your wish, Sweezo, about the league struggling. Hopefully this will result in Stern's ousting.
pr0wler
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,255

Post#11 » by pr0wler » Fri Dec 2, 2011 2:24 pm

Rockets.
dan_atko97
Lead Assistant
And1: 287

Post#12 » by dan_atko97 » Sat Feb 4, 2012 2:50 pm

where am i? :uhoh:
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#13 » by jenn_gp » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:02 pm

We're back..... :D
countrybama24
Rookie
And1: 25

Post#14 » by countrybama24 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:37 pm

Moved to Utah so became a bit of a Jazz fan, but grew up in Seattle so very excited to have a team now. Loved OKC's (formerly our) players, but had to root against them out of spite for their ownership.
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#15 » by Jase » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:44 pm

I grew up a Sonics fan. Didn't jump on another bandwagon once they left. Just paid attention to players worth paying attention to. I really hope we can get the team back. It's messy how it is right now....it's not fair for Kings fans or Sonics fans, the cities, the players for the Kings.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
OzSonic
Starter
And1: 7

Post#16 » by OzSonic » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:46 am

Didn't make the jump to the Thunder instead I sat around for 5 years bitter at the NBA and OKC. I scoured the Internet for old archived games and mainly watched what I found. I had a brief following of the Utah Jazz for a little while there but it wasn't the same. I'm a Sonics fan and that's it.

I only really started regularly watching current NBA this season and I'm excited to think that I could be watching the Sonics next season. I do feel a little torn on taking another City's team but every time those thoughts cross my mind I just jump onto any form of Social Media or read what Aaron Bruski has to say and I don't feel as bad.

I also will be making the trek over to Seattle should this sale go through. It'll be tough to raise the funds but I think I could be able to get over there at some point next season. I would love to be there opening night but realistically it will be around mid to late season.
andreaguiar
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#17 » by andreaguiar » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:15 pm

Benjamin, kdawg, I remember you. Since the end of the Sonics I left the board and stopped watching it. Don't like any team in particular. Hard to cheer for anybody else. I follow the Thunder a bit just because of Durant/Collison/Westbrook. They've built a nice team down there.

I don't care how the team will come back just wish this happens fast. GO SONICS!
andreaguiar
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#18 » by andreaguiar » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Gek wrote:Are you Thunder fans now? Did you pick up a new team? Do you hate the NBA now?

Nice Avatar Gek! :) I'm a huge Penguins and Steelers fan. Always posting on hockeybuzz . com :)

Btw, anyone of you know how the Mariners are doing? I have this Pittsburgh/Seattle connection..
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Post#19 » by Det the Threat » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:32 pm

andreaguiar wrote:
Gek wrote:Are you Thunder fans now? Did you pick up a new team? Do you hate the NBA now?

Nice Avatar Gek! :) I'm a huge Penguins and Steelers fan. Always posting on hockeybuzz . com :)

Btw, anyone of you know how the Mariners are doing? I have this Pittsburgh/Seattle connection..

Um, they're the Mariners. They usually put a pretty bad product out there and aren't competing for the playoffs.
Currently they signed Felix Hernandez to a huge contract, to keep him in town.
Other then that, they're still trying to rebuild with their farm system which has gotten better.

BTW: As far as this thread goes.
I like college hoops and wanted to follow some of the promising young guys during their first steps at the pro level.
So I started following the Clippers(they always had a lotto pick), as they'd been the absolut underdog and the guys on their board are pretty cool.
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#20 » by jenn_gp » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:10 pm

Over the past five years I probably watched a handful of NBA games on TV, most of them being within this year. I have yet to watch an entire Thunder game, still gets me pissed just at the sight of having to see Durant. I watched the All Star game last night and Saturday's festivities...boy has Saturday Night fallen hard. Horrible competitions..the skills challenge is awful, and the slam dunk contest was the worst one I've seen. Plus the new addition of the points system in East vs. West didn't make sense. The team that led halfway through the competition earned more points than actually winning. So the East actually won more comps, but the West won cause they scored more points. It's all good, it's for charity but still, the format doesn't make sense.

I've tried watching college hoops. Watched and went to quite a few Husky games last year. This year I just can't get into them, and now realize it just was never the same as watching the Sonics.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball