OT: General OT Thread

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Re: OT: General OT Thread 

Post#161 » by Sweezo » Fri Aug 1, 2008 8:36 am

That poster didn't do anything wrong...he posted that thread on another board, and then the thread was moved over here for some reason.
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#162 » by Downtown » Fri Aug 1, 2008 5:17 pm

I think it was Bennith that said the mods(Sweezo, Bennith, and Sonictecture) need to have a talk with the OKC mods. I could get really worked up about what happened but it's good enough for me that our guys are going to set them straight.

I don't have any respect for the posters in the OKC forum but I keep my nose right out of it(for now) and flat out refuse to post in there. I know my objectivity would be compromised and anything I posted would have a negative angle to it. I'm of the notion that they don't exsist and I turn my attention elsewhere.

That's pretty fair to all and I just hope that they see it the same way and stay out of our forum. I am dissapointed they chose to go the route they did and if things like this continue then the gloves may come off.

But as Jenn said I wouldn't want to get banned by some petty mod on their board. Keeping a barrier between us is the best, at least at this point in time. Having gone through this with my Vancouver Grizzlies I know that over time the hard stance softens.
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#163 » by BenjaminH » Sun Aug 3, 2008 9:57 pm

I just don't know what to post about here anymore, off or on topic.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#164 » by Sweezo » Mon Aug 4, 2008 10:58 am

I'd say post whatever you want to post so long as it's not obscene or offensive...
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#165 » by bennith13 » Tue Aug 5, 2008 6:52 am

There will be a lot more stuff to talk about as the season nears. Its slow on a lot of boards right now.
yearsago
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#166 » by yearsago » Thu Aug 7, 2008 6:07 am

I'm finding it more and more difficult to find reasons to keep on coming here..its not l ike we can talk summer league, or project out lineups for next year..

:(
Co-Host of Seattle Sin Bin podcast at SonicsRising
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,917

Post#167 » by Dick Tate » Thu Aug 7, 2008 7:58 pm

BenjaminH wrote:I just don't know what to post about here anymore, off or on topic.

Check back in when it's time to select fantasy teams. Greedy Bastards want revenge.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#168 » by Sweezo » Fri Aug 8, 2008 12:17 am

What about a fantasy football league? There's a sport I still give a **** about...

:D
Dick Tate
Veteran

Post#169 » by Dick Tate » Fri Aug 8, 2008 12:49 am

I'm game.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#170 » by jenn_gp » Fri Aug 8, 2008 6:25 pm

I'm not..don't know enough about football to play. :(
ryantony
Sophomore

Post#171 » by ryantony » Fri Aug 8, 2008 6:46 pm

Does it make you guys and gals mad when you hear people like Kobe and LeBron claiming that they would think about going to Europe depending on the offer? It sucks to see childress and others leaving the NBA. I bet they'll be fulfilled until they get to the European League Championship or whatever, win that, and then realize that means nothing. How do you guys feel?
"If you're going to post on the forum, clean it up, there isn't going to be any Oklahoma trolling on the forum."
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#172 » by Sweezo » Fri Aug 8, 2008 11:02 pm

ryantony wrote:Does it make you guys and gals mad when you hear people like Kobe and LeBron claiming that they would think about going to Europe depending on the offer? It sucks to see childress and others leaving the NBA. I bet they'll be fulfilled until they get to the European League Championship or whatever, win that, and then realize that means nothing. How do you guys feel?

I love it. The NBA's created this mess, and now it's paying the price. Stern has to scared to death right now...
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#173 » by jenn_gp » Sat Aug 9, 2008 7:08 am

Good topic Ryan. I love the idea of some of the NBA's biggest and brightest stars playing in another country. I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't serious about it at all though.
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach

Post#174 » by BenjaminH » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:37 am

Dick Tate wrote:
BenjaminH wrote:I just don't know what to post about here anymore, off or on topic.

Check back in when it's time to select fantasy teams. Greedy Bastards want revenge.

Definitely! But this year you guys should make it worth the effort. Your lackadaisical effort last season was pretty sad. My victory didn't feel nearly as good as it should have.
asdf1223
Sophomore

Post#175 » by asdf1223 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:55 pm

if people are up for a fantasy league could u guys join the realgm vintage league. there are still spots open here
viewtopic.php?f=144&t=827618
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#176 » by bango_the_buck » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:19 pm

My apologies for my thread about the rumored 3-way trade between OKC, the Bucks, and the Cavs. OKC is not listed in the 'RealGM Hoop Net Team Pages' drop-down menu, nor is it on the 'Team Listings' page. So I thought maybe 'you' and 'they' were sharing the same team page. After navigating here, I saw 'OKC' and 'Oklahoma' plastered all over the place, so it's easy to assume you are in the right spot. Expect many more 'stupid' people posting here about OKC until the site gets cleaned up...
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
Dick Tate
Veteran

Post#177 » by Dick Tate » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:24 pm

Would an announcement titled "DO NOT POST OKC TRADE CRAP HERE" be helpful?
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#178 » by jenn_gp » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:46 pm

bango_the_buck wrote:My apologies for my thread about the rumored 3-way trade between OKC, the Bucks, and the Cavs. OKC is not listed in the 'RealGM Hoop Net Team Pages' drop-down menu, nor is it on the 'Team Listings' page. So I thought maybe 'you' and 'they' were sharing the same team page. After navigating here, I saw 'OKC' and 'Oklahoma' plastered all over the place, so it's easy to assume you are in the right spot. Expect many more 'stupid' people posting here about OKC until the site gets cleaned up...

But here's the deal, the article you had linked to us said OKC, not Seattle. I don't get why it's so hard to figure out where to post trade questions. It's not our team anymore. It would be like me posting a question about the Lakers in a T-Wolves forum...it's just not relevant.

If the article said Seattle, then hey, I can see where the confusion would be. But it's not a secret that the Sonics are no longer in Seattle anymore.
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#179 » by bango_the_buck » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:05 pm

jenn_gp wrote:But here's the deal, the article you had linked to us said OKC, not Seattle. I don't get why it's so hard to figure out where to post trade questions. It's not our team anymore. It would be like me posting a question about the Lakers in a T-Wolves forum...it's just not relevant.

If the article said Seattle, then hey, I can see where the confusion would be. But it's not a secret that the Sonics are no longer in Seattle anymore.

But here's the deal. The Seattle Supersonics no longer exist. Why is there still a forum about a team that moved to OKC? If this page is only for posting about the former Seattle Supersonics, there should be no 'official' reference to OKC, so as to avoid confusion. If I saw 'Seattle Supersonics Front Office' at the top of the page instead of 'OKC: Oklahoma Front Office' and clicked on 'Latest Seattle Supersonics Discussions' instead of 'Latest OKC Discussions', I wouldn't have posted here.
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#180 » by jenn_gp » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:15 pm

bango_the_buck wrote:
jenn_gp wrote:But here's the deal, the article you had linked to us said OKC, not Seattle. I don't get why it's so hard to figure out where to post trade questions. It's not our team anymore. It would be like me posting a question about the Lakers in a T-Wolves forum...it's just not relevant.

But here's the deal. The Seattle Supersonics no longer exist. Why is there still a forum about a team that moved to OKC?

That' where you're wrong. This isn't a forum about a team that moved to OKC. This is a forum about the SEATTLE SUPERSONICS, past and hopefully future. This forum is in no way affiliated with the OKC forum, and I think the people in the OKC forum agree.

I've already requested for mods to make a sticky that posters need to post trades in the OKC forum.

This forum is still alive because we are a tight knit group, and want to continue talking about what needs to be done to bring basketball back to Seattle. You need to read the terms of the buyout before you start talking about how the Seattle Supersonics no longer exist. The name and colors still live in Seattle. The OKC team IS NOT named Sonics.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball