Seattle fans in the future

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,609

Seattle fans in the future 

Post#1 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:59 pm

I'm wondering, are most Seattle fans still interested in the NBA? Would they welcome a new team relocated in their city?
I'm really surprised to read comments about people wanting to prove the NBA how they were wrong, how they're ready to support a new team, etc.
In they're place I'd for sure say FU to the NBA and just concentrate on College or Euro Basketball, what's the point of investing passion, time and money on a league that openly tells you it's just exploiting you and it's ready to spit on you and your city? NBA cares... about money.

The NBA needs the fans much more than the opposite, they can get away with insulting them and have them as loyal as before.
Слава Украине!
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Re: Seattle fans in the future 

Post#2 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:03 pm

The Seattle Grizzlies...
tstansbury
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#3 » by tstansbury » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:58 pm

A few years ago when the mariners were hot portland was full of mariners fans. In a few years when the blazers are tearing it up seatle will be full of blazer fans
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#4 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:06 pm

1. No self-respecting Sonics fan will (or should, for that matter) reply to this thread.

2. I can't think of a single person who's ever said they'd support a new team...but that's primarily in light of the fact that more NBA expansion is highly unlikely. It'd be some relocated team, and that's not what Seattle wants.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#5 » by Rasho Brezec » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:18 pm

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:1. No self-respecting Sonics fan will (or should, for that matter) reply to this thread.

2. I can't think of a single person who's ever said they'd support a new team...but that's primarily in light of the fact that more NBA expansion is highly unlikely. It'd be some relocated team, and that's not what Seattle wants.

Maybe a little bit OT, but what exactly is so bad about NBA expansion? I don't know much about this, so can someone explain to me, please?
Malinhion
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#6 » by Malinhion » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:26 pm

The next NBA expansion is probably going to go overseas.

The talent pool is already too diluted to spread it even thinner.
ljp24
Bench Warmer
And1: 21

Post#7 » by ljp24 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:53 pm

they can always cheer for my team
Puertorique
Banned User

Post#8 » by Puertorique » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:11 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:
PhilipNelsonFan wrote:1. No self-respecting Sonics fan will (or should, for that matter) reply to this thread.

Maybe a little bit OT, but what exactly is so bad about NBA expansion? I don't know much about this, so can someone explain to me, please?

The one knock I have about expansion is how the it tends to water down the talent on teams.

Lets say that the Grizzlies, Raptors and Bobcats were never in the league those players would be on other teams. Mayo, Gay, Bosh, JO, Okafur, Richardson, Morrison, Calderon, Bargnani, May, Felton, Darko, Gasol, Conley, Wallace, Augustin would all be on different teams. That would bolster the league and the talent that those teams have.

I'm not against expansion though, that's the only problem I see with it. Expansion also gives opportunity to fans in different cities. Like Charlotte (who were screwed by the Hornets), Toronto ( we can see how loyal those fans are and they deserve a team), Memphis (well.... I'm sure people in Memphis love basketball). Those people in those cities would have to travel and make probably expensive arrangements if they didn't have a team in their area's if they wanted to see a game.
britblazerdude
RealGM
And1: 1,344

Post#9 » by britblazerdude » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:46 pm

uncalled for
-thief
To Dare Is To Do? 13 League Titles. You've only got 2.
ljp24
Bench Warmer
And1: 21

Post#10 » by ljp24 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:53 pm

i was kidding sherlock. this team won 20 games last year. no way in hell is westbrook going to get this team 25+ wins even with improvement from Durant
britblazerdude
RealGM
And1: 1,344

Post#11 » by britblazerdude » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:57 pm

uncalled for
-thief
BrewCityBBQ
Analyst
And1: 79

Post#12 » by BrewCityBBQ » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:02 pm

uncalled for, even in defense, we'll take care of this stuff thanks
-thief
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#13 » by That Nicka » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:03 pm

:lol:
Dinty
Banned User

Post#14 » by Dinty » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:06 pm

If SEA does get an expansion team, there has to be another expansion team that year too, or else the division/conference ordering will be alil out of whack. If there two more teams, then the league can be divided up into 4 teams for 8 divisions.

If it's only SEA expanding, then I don't see it happening, even though we been in the uneven era already...
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#15 » by theTHIEF » Fri Aug 1, 2008 1:05 am

anymore name calling, personal attacks or insults and it's mini vacation time...
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,911

Post#16 » by Dick Tate » Fri Aug 1, 2008 2:20 am

Don't know where this came from but did you really need to move this thread into the Seattle forum? Thanks a bundle, Thief.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#17 » by Sweezo » Fri Aug 1, 2008 3:14 am

WTF? A thread becomes full of insults and name-calling so toss it over to us because we feel like dealing with it? This isn't your scrap heap, and we have plenty of threads (i.e. all of them) dealing with this topic.
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#18 » by bennith13 » Fri Aug 1, 2008 6:41 am

I was wondering where this came from. I guess we mods should talk the OKC mods. Just because they stole our team does not mean that can throw there trash over here.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball