Chilling...

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Argyle
Senior
And1: 0

Chilling... 

Post#1 » by Argyle » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:01 pm

Most people still lurking here have probably already seen this footage, but I stumbled across it today and it gave me chills.

The last minute of the last Sonics home game...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp4lAafm ... re=related

It all just came together... the win, the durant jumper, followed by the durant layup, the phantom call on Howard to free up a minute of silence for video replay, that same silence filled with 'Save our Sonics' chants from the most badass fans in sports history... Like it was meant to be or something...

I'll be at the Sounders FC games, bringin the same mojo... See you guys there hopefully.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Re: Chilling... 

Post#2 » by jenn_gp » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:03 pm

I was at this game. I will never forget it.

In fact, I put my ticket stub in a picture frame. Whenever I look at it when I'm working at my desk, it puts a smile on my face. It also makes me upset though too.

I love torturing myself like that.
Argyle
Senior

Post#3 » by Argyle » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:11 pm

jenn_gp wrote:I was at this game. I will never forget it.

In fact, I put my ticket stub in a picture frame. Whenever I look at it when I'm working at my desk, it puts a smile on my face. It also makes me upset though too.

Yeah that's a perverted type of self torture thing you got going on there....
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#4 » by Downtown » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:36 pm

I read this morning on hoopshype that Mark Taylor, AKA Squatch, has relocated to Oklahoma and will be the Thunders new mascot.

I know he won't be wearing the Squatch outfit, but it feels like an icon has jumped ship. Oh well, people need to stay employed.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#5 » by Sweezo » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:08 pm

I think he was under contract, and honestly...that's a pretty limited job market.
Argyle
Senior

Post#6 » by Argyle » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:31 pm

I'm no expert, but I seriously thought Squatch was in the top 10% of mascots in all of professional sports. Great physical actor. Very Kramer-esque
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#7 » by jenn_gp » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:55 pm

Downtown wrote:I read this morning on hoopshype that Mark Taylor, AKA Squatch, has relocated to Oklahoma and will be the Thunders new mascot.

I know he won't be wearing the Squatch outfit, but it feels like an icon has jumped ship. Oh well, people need to stay employed.

The slaps just keep coming.

I don't blame him, like Sweez said, it's not like the Mascot field is in high demand. I would love to know how this guy really feels about the situation and having to make a new life for himself though. I guess he's probaably just happy to have his job? Eh.
seatownsports
Ballboy

Post#8 » by seatownsports » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:24 am

Thanks a lot for this video. Talk about mixed feelings...
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Sweezo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:30 am

jenn_gp wrote: I would love to know how this guy really feels about the situation and having to make a new life for himself though. I guess he's probaably just happy to have his job? Eh.

You know, I actually remembered reading an article about this awhile back...

Article isn't quite as informative as it could be, mainly because...what's the guy going to be able to say? He was still under contract and has a job that would be very hard to replace, therefore he was probably forced to be diplomatic.
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#10 » by Downtown » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:30 pm

Yeah, I remember when Kevin Pelton got his job with the Sonics he said outright that he couldn't post his opinions anymore on sonicscentral because of his situation with the team.
JO_CB_FTW
Junior

Post#11 » by JO_CB_FTW » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:42 am

jenn_gp wrote:I was at this game. I will never forget it.

:lol:
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Sweezo » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:58 pm

^^ Two posts consisting of an emoticon and an "lol". Huh. It's almost as if you're an OKC fan who has nothing to contribute but a sig you want to rub in everyone's faces. Perhaps it's best if you stick to the other board...
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#13 » by wiff » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:19 pm

Sweezo wrote:^^ Two posts consisting of an emoticon and an "lol". Huh. It's almost as if you're an OKC fan who has nothing to contribute but a sig you want to rub in everyone's faces. Perhaps it's best if you stick to the other board...

I noticed that as well.

It's almost like he is laughing at us for being a fan of his team, before it was his team.

Love how the ones who truely cared are now turning into the brunt of jokes from people like this jack ass.

Man I hope the Thunder lose every game however I think they will be much improved.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball