Any way to watch this game online tonight?

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

SonicsThunder
Ballboy
And1: 0

Any way to watch this game online tonight? 

Post#1 » by SonicsThunder » Wed Oct 8, 2008 6:02 pm

I know they are showing it locally in OKC, I am wondering if anyone will stream it online for some of us outside of the area. If anyone has a link for the Wolves/Thunder game tonight I would really appreciate it if you would post it. Thanks
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 356

Re: Any way to watch this game online tonight? 

Post#2 » by Det the Threat » Wed Oct 8, 2008 6:26 pm

Wrong board.

You better go ask on that teams board, cause i doubt anyone here cares about it.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#3 » by Sweezo » Wed Oct 8, 2008 11:12 pm

SonicsThunder wrote:If anyone has a link for the Wolves/Thunder game tonight I would really appreciate it if you would post it. Thanks

Sure, I'd love to post an illegal feed of a team I despise for someone random stranger on the internet.

If you're a Thunder fan, post your inquiries on the Thunder board. Pretty simple.
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#4 » by Joel Embust » Wed Oct 8, 2008 11:45 pm

SonicsThunder wrote:I know they are showing it locally in OKC, I am wondering if anyone will stream it online for some of us outside of the area. If anyone has a link for the Wolves/Thunder game tonight I would really appreciate it if you would post it. Thanks

Why post it on the Seattle board when you mention OKC in your post? Looks like a cheap shot to me.

PS: There are no streams for this game. (yet)
SonicsThunder
Ballboy

Post#5 » by SonicsThunder » Thu Oct 9, 2008 12:34 am

Are you serious???? the team moves and you just stop liking them PERIOD?? real fans would still care about their team. It's still the same team, same players. wow.... I am a Sonics fan, but the Sonics are now the Thunder....so I am a Thunder fan, big deal...
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,912

Post#6 » by Dick Tate » Thu Oct 9, 2008 12:49 am

Good for you. Now take a hike over to their board.
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#7 » by wiff » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:19 am

SonicsThunder wrote:Are you serious???? the team moves and you just stop liking them PERIOD?? real fans would still care about their team . It's still the same team, same players. wow.... I am a Sonics fan, but the Sonics are now the Thunder....so I am a Thunder fan, big deal...

Thanks for telling me that some how the team that is NOW playing in OKC is still the same team that use to play in Seattle. But they don't even have the same colors or name yet some how it's the same team? Yet I'm not a fan.

Bottom line MY team is gone. So why should I care about a team that plays in OKC? I can't go watch them live in person. I can no longer buy a cheap ticket and move to the pricey seats between the first and the 2nd quarters. I can no longer plan nights out with buddies who love pro ball to see one of our favorite NBA stars putting 40 points up against the Sonics, while I watch Luke pout, and lose confidence. I can no longer take my kid to a game. It BLOWS to lose MY team.

SO "EF" YOU!
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#8 » by Sweezo » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:34 am

SonicsThunder wrote:Are you serious???? the team moves and you just stop liking them PERIOD?? real fans would still care about their team. It's still the same team, same players. wow.... I am a Sonics fan, but the Sonics are now the Thunder....so I am a Thunder fan, big deal...

If you had taken ten seconds to read a thread, ANY thread, on this board...you'd know where the people on here stand about the "Thunder." But that would take some time or dedication...much easier to just open you mouth and see what words come out, I suppose...

This is still a board, and I'm still it's moderator. Back off on telling people what does or does not constitute a Sonics fan.
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#9 » by Joel Embust » Thu Oct 9, 2008 3:18 am

SonicsThunder wrote:Are you serious???? the team moves and you just stop liking them PERIOD?? real fans would still care about their team. It's still the same team, same players. wow.... I am a Sonics fan, but the Sonics are now the Thunder....so I am a Thunder fan, big deal...

This just isn't the right board for discussion about the Thunder. Has nothing to do with being a fan or not. I think there are a lot of Sonics fans who still follow this team, but they're not talking about the current OKC squad on the Seattle board. There's a Thunder section for a reason.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#10 » by jenn_gp » Thu Oct 9, 2008 6:18 am

Out of curiosity, I went over to the OKC board to find out how Durant, Green, and Collison played. For people who claim to be 'starving' for NBA basketball, they had one measley thread about tonight's game with one person replying to the orignal post.

Go figure...

I know it is a pre-season game, but I mean geez, if I was in Oklahoma and was as pumped about pro basketball as they all claim to be, I would have figured there would have been a big game thread for their very first game. It's pretty sad our board had more replies regarding the broadcast of the game over the actual game on the OKC board.
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#11 » by bennith13 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 10:14 pm

After they suck this year and next and the year after that we will see how they support them. After Durant and Green leave we will see. They put on a good show for two years tying to convince people they should get a team, now lets see how they do when the novelty wears off and the ticket prices grow.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#12 » by jenn_gp » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:19 am

Anyone starting to feel a huge void in their life right now? I find myself lost with the extra free time not listening to Sonics preseason games on the radio.

I don't even listen to KJR anymore...not even Mitch in the Mornings.

It's only going to get worse as the beginning of the season approaches.
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by BenjaminH » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:24 am

You should join our Fantasy Basketball league, Jenn. It will probably be one of our only opportunities to interact with you as this board starts to fade away.
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,912

Post#14 » by Dick Tate » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:51 pm

jenn_gp wrote:Anyone starting to feel a huge void in their life right now?

I’m starting to feel the void as well as still dealing with what feels like a three month long hangover. Fortunately, the crappy Seahawks, Okie trolls, mud-slinging election races, and of course our collapsing economy, have all served as a nice diversion. :rolleyes: :uhoh:

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball